Summer road map is now available

On 7/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Not mentioning it, doesn't mean it's been abandoned. It probably won't come during the summer because of this other stuff (LW chapters and we're not sure what the 10-year anniversary will bring), but more to the point during the summer vacation is probably not a good time to do this anyway. Lots of people will be on vacation; both players and devs.

They could have designed and released an expansion in the time it's taking to do World Restructuring... oh, hang on, they did!

Edited by Svarty.8019
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Be careful what you wish for; it could be something like completing all Jumping Puzzles sans Mesmers or any other helpful mechanic 12 times for a Gift of Battle.  Or all the Raids/Strikes/DRMs, etc.  Or sPvP.

There's always going to be some part of the game that some measure of the population does not like. 

If popping into the Guild Hall and purchasing a WvW item is too 'time-consuming' and 'boring', I'm not sure what would satisfy some players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Be careful what you wish for; it could be something like completing all Jumping Puzzles sans Mesmers or any other helpful mechanic 12 times for a Gift of Battle.  Or all the Raids/Strikes/DRMs, etc.  Or sPvP.

There's always going to be some part of the game that some measure of the population does not like. 

If popping into the Guild Hall and purchasing a WvW item is too 'time-consuming' and 'boring', I'm not sure what would satisfy some players. 

Honestly it would be fine if they made it earnable after completing a certain number of events or killing every world boss or something. And I literally would rather do JPs than touch WvW.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Ho boy, wonder if this might get blocked,  if that happen i'm sorry everyone

In any case, I am and still is PvEr with WvW as side gamemode, used to be afraid of it until i played the role i'm more confortable with, then it become my favorite gamemode. Strange how life get easier when you stop worrying

Back to this topic, i'm excited.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Honestly it would be fine if they made it earnable after completing a certain number of events or killing every world boss or something. And I literally would rather do JPs than touch WvW.

Would you forgo all other loot while working on that gob battle track in pve?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Well, that's fine...for you.  I'm not found of Jumping Puzzles, especially like the very difficult/timed ones.  I'd much rather visit the Guild Hall, and add to my two stacks+ of Potions of WvW Rewards.  It's all PvE, and doesn't require any jumping.  :classic_wink:

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Do WvWers forgo all other loot when working on that GoB battle track? Because it doesn't seem so to me.

Yes since 95% of their loot is from the reward track they do.

Have you actualy checked what you get from playing wvw other then the reward track?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Do WvWers forgo all other loot when working on that GoB battle track? Because it doesn't seem so to me.

It sure seems like some people are so exclusively WvW, they've developed this unrealistic and aggrandized image of PvE dropping incredible loot all the time no matter what you do, compared to WvW, which is garbage all the time.

When the reality is more like that open world PvE's best farming methods are far superior to any farming you can do in WvW, but you have to actually seek them out. If you spend your time doing map complete for Gift of Exploration, for example, you're going to get pretty kitten crappy loot for your time spent and you won't even get progress on a special time-gated currency like you do with WvW's Skirmish Claim Tickets.

Point being, WvW's rewards definitely need buffing, but some people really overstate the picture of open world PvE loot as a whole and skate past that most of its disproportionate nature has to do with farming metas specifically. Open world PvE also has jump puzzles, map completion, collections, exploration, etc., none of which give loot anything like farming does.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You want casuals to go out from the comfort zone to try other  modes.

But the hardcore scene , don't want to do that lol and want to stay 24/7 in instance content (more rewards , rather than join us in the open-zergs) .

Again, why are you writing this to me? If someone does that, then go tell that to them, not me. Not only that, but what you claim as a fact here ("raiders only play raids!") is false for more people than it is true. Players spawn in open world and then branch out, not the other way around. Players wanting to repeatedly farm content will do exactly that despite you trying to pretend they won't/don't for some reason.

Without change though, the main question here still is: why are you even writing this to me?

23 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Why would a set of legendary armor earned specifically in PvE not count?

Good question. If I had to guess, it's probably because when he knows the question he's asking doesn't show what he wants it to show, he needs to pre-emptively eliminate some answers that go against his previously taken stance.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes since 95% of their loot is from the reward track they do.

And? GoB track also offers rewards in addition to GoB. Sure, they're not as good as those from the best rewarding tracks, but it's not like doing map completion offers good rewards either. If you do any good farms in the meantime, you do not progress map completion (especially since there's no good farms on core maps anymore). I see no difference here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And? GoB track also offers rewards in addition to GoB. Sure, they're not as good as those from the best rewarding tracks, but it's not like doing map completion offers good rewards either. If you do any good farms in the meantime, you do not progress map completion (especially since there's no good farms on core maps anymore). I see no difference here.

Yes ofcourse the pve reward track will give more then the GoB you have to work up to it after all, but the loot from mobs will be reduced heavily to be similar to wvw.

!00% reduction on profit was an  exaggeration its closer to 95%

Map completion give you 20% chance to get a black lion key + other stuff.

You are working on GoB and should have a similar experience in your pve lands dont you think?

• Confused 4

50 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes ofcourse the pve reward track will give more then the GoB you have to work up to it after all, but the loot from mobs will be reduced heavily to be similar to wvw.

You are working on GoB and should have a similar experience in your pve lands dont you think?

I already have. When i am doing map completion, i am not working on HoT metas, or on Drizzlewood. I may get some occasional rewards on the way, but they aren't all that great either. So, yeah, by working on map completion i am already getting a "95%" reward reduction compared to other options i could take instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I already have. When i am doing map completion, i am not working on HoT metas, or on Drizzlewood. I may get some occasional rewards on the way, but they aren't all that great either. So, yeah, by working on map completion i am already getting a "95%" reward reduction compared to other options i could take instead.

So you do realise that that is what wvwvw players get all the time they cant chose to get meta or drizzlewood coast level rewards by doing other things in wvwvw.

You want their rewards added ontop of your already better rewards?

Dont you see how wrong that point of view is?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

True .

PvE mobs from non-profit areas , should drop the loot of dead WvW players (and the chance from pre-cursor)

(why i think the same same apply to current pve , but idk)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

True .

PvE mobs from non-profit areas , should drop the loot of dead WvW players (and the chance from pre-cursor)

Im all for it since no wvwvw player ever dies they only get defeated respawn and come back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Hope they don't overreach and turn World Bosses into Drakkar-like damage sponges.

Doubt they will. These are the early level zones, so probably will just add some clarity to what is happening as well as break bar. Maybe even some kind of quick tip about breaking it with cc, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

(especially since there's no good farms on core maps anymore)

This has not been my experience, but I suppose that depends on what you mean by, "good farms." If you mean, "the statistically best farms," then I agree. The statistically best farms are not on core maps. But I make a lot of gold on core maps. Not on par with those best farms, but not insignificant either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

True .

This would be a massive nerf to PvE loot. 

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, Linken.6345 said:

I hope they will update the aoe circles to be the filled in instead of the red border circle ones.

Yeah... you should ask yourself, "Does this proposal involve changing anything?" 

If the answer is, "Yes", then you should forget it and think about another proposal that doesn't involve anything being changed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2