Plz don't force tempest into a support-only role

TheQuickFox.3826

I saw a large-audience GW2 YouTuber call for changing the Tempest to a support-focused spec when covering recent balance changes.

I would appreciate if tempest can stay as the versatile Elementalist spec that it has been for a long time. I like playing tempest DPS with the powerful overload skills while having the versatility that tempest offers in build diversity.

I only play Elementalist, DPS or Cele. I don't like Weaver because the weaving confuses me. I don't like Catalyst because hammer. And core Ele has been irrelevant since Tempest was released. So please keep DPS tempest as an option.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I saw a large-audience GW2 YouTuber call for changing the Tempest to a support-focused spec when covering recent balance changes.

I would appreciate if tempest can stay as the versatile Elementalist spec that it has been for a long time. I like playing tempest DPS with the powerful overload skills while having the versatility that tempest offers in build diversity.

I only play Elementalist, DPS or Cele. I don't like Weaver because the weaving confuses me. I don't like Catalyst because hammer. And core Ele has been irrelevant since Tempest was released. So please keep DPS tempest as an option.

Totally with you on this.  Tempest is the only ele espec I really like.  The others, for me, involve too much manic button pushing and timer tracking  to really get the best out of them.  And I’m not really into the weaver and cata themes.

The recent tweaks to tempest and some of the ele weapon skills like OH dagger have put tempest in a pretty good spot for me.  It might not be meta in any game mode, but it’s not terrible in any of them, and is fun to play with a pretty good variety of build choices.

It could prob still use a few tweaks but I hope they don’t do any major reworks that force it in a given direction.

• Like 2

I can understand that the tempest is a good choice for supportive builds but I hate how the tempest is reduced into this only. Me and my friend had tempest a a full healer (magi gear) but no group is willing to take a full heal into the raid. Everyone should do damage, of course.. My friend turned his expensive magi gear into harrier to get as a alac heal into groups. Since there are no stats with heal and concentration as main stats, he lost a lot of healing power which you cannot call heal anymore. Therefore, the full-heall tempest has been destroyed completely now. I personally refuse to change my ele into a supporter because I want to keep my heal ele, unless if that means my only place will be healing in Open World like the Claw of Jormag.

I feel like tempest has always been about either choosing dps Power? GO!!!! condi? OK not best choice but you got power support? viable healing and condi cleanse. The spec also better offer enough to compete.

Edited by Axl.8924

Sometimes I feel like tempest needed a quickness source rather than alac so you could get those overloads off rather than standing with their hands on the air like a lunatic for 4 sec and  we might be able to cast meteor shower off

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cindaria.6379 said:

I can understand that the tempest is a good choice for supportive builds but I hate how the tempest is reduced into this only. Me and my friend had tempest a a full healer (magi gear) but no group is willing to take a full heal into the raid. Everyone should do damage, of course.. My friend turned his expensive magi gear into harrier to get as a alac heal into groups. Since there are no stats with heal and concentration as main stats, he lost a lot of healing power which you cannot call heal anymore. Therefore, the full-heall tempest has been destroyed completely now. I personally refuse to change my ele into a supporter because I want to keep my heal ele, unless if that means my only place will be healing in Open World like the Claw of Jormag.

We have a lots of garbage stats like 'bringer' ( vitality , précision and expertise) , wouldnt mind having like a healing (main stats), vitality and concentration stats .

But the "why" you are not taken for end content is only about boons not damage , when you take harrier instead of magi you sure loss a lot of vitality , but in term of healing its not a big deal and gain x2 boon duration (while tempest has a lot of base concentration) . You , giving 25 might , fury , and alacrity to 5 ppl is more than a little damage increase , not to forgot the defensive boons.

And even doing that you will not be sure to be taken , cause as tempest in order to give alacrity has to get rid off a powerfull trait for healing , but i hope arena gonna up it a little , as a healer/support and as damage/support , so everyone gonna be happy. 

44 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Sometimes I feel like tempest needed a quickness source rather than alac so you could get those overloads off rather than standing with their hands on the air like a lunatic for 4 sec and  we might be able to cast meteor shower off

totally agree overload feel very long to cast , i think it would be better to cast the overload for 3 secs , and leave the aoe +1 sec on the field.

• Like 1

stab on overload should really be baseline. There are some CC mechanics that put you in a lose/lose situation. You either dodge the CC and interrupt your overload or you get CC'd and interrupt your overload. 

Harmonious conduit should share the overload stabi instead. Guard has too much monopoly over stab. 

• Thanks 2

Its ok for it to fill an main roll of support but it can be more then just healing support its a mix of boon / aura / cc support on-top of being able to heal or dps. The game it self just dose not let the tempest class fill that dps roll as well due to the ranged of tempest. That the real problem behind the tempest class the lock of "melee" to mid ranges combat in both its support and dps with out any real self sustain or even any "real" self stab (take 0 dmg evasion during channel etc..) all on-top of locking out the use of dodge rolls due to the high risk of overloads channel.

Tempest plays more like an melee class then it dose an mages class and it lacks tools to do so so its always going to be weaker in the roll of dps because dps is all in as support is build in tankly / self sustain.

There no real "mages" support in gw2 and you will never see it as long as the tanklyness for support being tide to healing support as well as tankly gear.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying out the new rifle mech over the past week and I have to say it's really disgusting. . Why should one spec holding down the 1 key and spamming F keys outdps my favourite class Tempest going full try hard mode. From 30 yards, with tonnes of CC, mobility and survivability. It's a sign of clear laziness and class favouritism by the devs imho.