Updated world boss rewards

I don't know if this is intentional but I just did the new fire elemental event and the rewards were just as bad as before.

It was way more fun and the ele had more health, new mechanics etc but those rewards don't make it worth the effort to do. 

I feel if this isn't rectified then all the hard work Anet has done in updating this encounters will be for nothing as they will be dead events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Tried wurm and behemoth. I don't know how it compares to the preivous rewards -someone will have to do the math here 😄 - but I wonder what were you expecting to get from a lvl 1-15 zone world boss? Lets not pretend it suddenly turned into some major effort to complete.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, to be fair, it is a starter zone world boss.  How much more rewarding should it be?

The point of the update was to make the events  harder because of elite specs and power creep. 

Starter toons using blue and green weapons and armor will  find this event frustrating and difficult to even complete without higher level toons, but those higher level toons wont even bother since the rewards are not worth the time. 

The scaling made it hilarious to see downed and dead people everywhere. These were not new players either. 

I hope I am wrong but I can see many people not even bothering to do these new events after the first try. 

Edit:(I can't spell)

Edited by Stormcrow.7513
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Stormcrow.7513 said:

The point of the update was to make the events  harder because of elite specs and power creep. 

Starter toons using blue and green weapons and armor will  find this event frustrating and difficult to even complete without higher level toons, but those higher level toons wont even bother since the rewards are not worth the time. 

The scaling made it hilarious to see downed and dead people everywhere. These were not new players either. 

I hope I am wrong but I can see many people not even bothering to do these new events after the first try. 

This event has been updated before and had the same effect when it was first changed. Once players learned the encounter (~6months later), you almost never got downed players again.

There's no such thing as hard content in this game, only content that you learn to cheese.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This event has been updated before and had the same effect when it was first changed. Once players learned the encounter (~6months later), you almost never got downed players again.

There's no such thing as hard content in this game, only content that you learn to cheese.

That update they just increased the health pool of the FE so it didn't get instaburned(pun intended)  so that others could tag it if I recall correctly. 

Anyways, I hope I am wrong 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stormcrow.7513 said:

That update they just increased the health pool of the FE so it didn't get instaburned(pun intended)  so that others could tag it if I recall correctly. 

Anyways, I hope I am wrong 

I mean the major update to Fire Elemental when they added the burning Embers. The original FE and SB were just loot pinatas, with no special abilities beyond damaging players right on top of them.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I mean the major update to Fire Elemental when they added the Embers. The original FE and SB were just loot pinatas, with no special abilities beyond damaging players right on top of them.

I remember when first playing the game, within about 3 months of launch, and the FE event would have dead bodies everywhere, including the bridge into that room

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, to be fair, it is a starter zone world boss.  How much more rewarding should it be?

World bosses are on a long timer. I never encountered one while levelling. The vast majority of people who do WBs do them at 80 in squads. So just because it's in a beginner zone, doesn't mean it should have beginner rewards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I remember when first playing the game, within about 3 months of launch, and the FE event would have dead bodies everywhere, including the bridge into that room

That was a bug, as per the wiki:

This event was balanced in the 15 November 2012 update. Prior to this, low level players would die instantaneously from boulders falling from the sky or the mass of Embers that spawned. This often resulted in a mass burial grave of players and players employed kamikaze zerg tactics to take the boss down.

One of the changes was removing most of the summoned Embers and replacing them with burning tornado Embers which couldn't simply zerg the group down.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I can't remember the last time I saw any of these bosses without a huge crowd of players around, and that was with the old, presumably even more inferior, rewards. I can't imagine a lot of people are going to stop doing them now more has been added.

If I remember correctly, world bosses are still one of the best sources of Rare-quality gear for players without high Magic Find. If you compare a fresh account to a 300% MF account, the drops from open-world farming are mostly junk, and yellows really only come from the big events that award them directly.

We of course can't count maps like Silverwastes that boost MF on their own.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stormcrow.7513 said:

It will be fine. Don't forget - 

Fire Elemental is required for:-

The Tyrian Service Medal
Nevermore I
Nevermore III
Rodgort I
Hope III
Incinerator III
The Flameseeker Prophecies III : The Chosen

The Svanir Chief is required for:-

The Flame Seeker Prophecies I: The Experimental shield
Incinerator III: Spark
The Predator III: The Hunter

Behemoth is required for:-

The Tyrian Service Medal
Skyscale Lost
Mad Armory: Last rites
Nevermore III: The Raven Staff
Twilight III: Dusk
Nevermore IV: The Raven Staff
Sunrise I: The Experimental Daysword
Howler III: Howl
The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen
Hope IV: The Catalyst

Great Jungle Wurm is required for:-

The Tyrian Service Medal
Hope I: Research
Nevermore I: Ravenswood branch
The Moot III: The Energizer

That's more than enough Legendary/Quests to keep  players regularly doing those events.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

World bosses are on a long timer. I never encountered one while levelling. The vast majority of people who do WBs do them at 80 in squads. So just because it's in a beginner zone, doesn't mean it should have beginner rewards.

Is 4 Champion Chests 'beginner' rewards?  Seems rather generous for 'beginner' loot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did svanir yesterday. First of the updated bossses that I've tried. It was much more enjoyable and the new models look great.

As for the loot, I did notice a little extra, I suppose from the extra champ bag.

Since I happened to do it on a low level alt that I normally use for key running, the loot was still all junk to me anyway although I suppose new players would find the low level rares useful.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Tell that to Soo-Won in the End of Dragons meta. She's a beast.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

Tell that to Soo-Won in the End of Dragons meta. She's a beast.

I'm gonna be controversial and say that "Once players learned the encounter " work for Soo-Won, except no cheese so far, unless you count ignoring tail and just dps.

People still get downed at first wave slam, perhaps beside unable to see it, they know they gonna get rezz anyway so just dps away

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I mean the major update to Fire Elemental when they added the burning Embers. The original FE and SB were just loot pinatas, with no special abilities beyond damaging players right on top of them.

The original FE was a zerg killer, actually. You are probably refering to a later, nerfed version. Nerfed, because next to noone was actually doing FE before that, it was that hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1