State of Elementalist is Actually Good?

stormemperor.3745

16 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

After playing elementalist in every game mode. I can finally park my elementalist in kaineng jumping puzzle. Definitely one of the best park profession in game. Just like warrior.

Thanks for the balance update, I can finally stop playing elementalist.

Hello fella , did the same , welcome to the "bench jade runestone dropper"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

What are you talking about? Ele is god tier in any game mode in any role. Did you know that you can flax farm with ele too? 

yea you are right, ele is pretty much god mode strength made for banking all the bloodstone dust and dragonite ore. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 5:27 AM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

they could buff healing cause "soothing power" is trash, it heals for 160 with full cele gear, it should be twice as much. few tweaks here and there and it will shine in right hands.

Hmm...with all cele gear (HP=682) my Soothing Mist goes to 2950 when using Soothing Power.

With minstrel+magi (HP=1564) my Soothing Mist goes to 4728 when using Soothing Power.

At least, that's what it says when I hover over the Soothing Mist trait.

26 minutes ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

Hmm...with all cele gear (HP=682) my Soothing Mist goes to 2950 when using Soothing Power.

With minstrel+magi (HP=1564) my Soothing Mist goes to 4728 when using Soothing Power.

At least, that's what it says when I hover over the Soothing Mist trait.

Yeap, working as intended. I got 312hp ticks with full cele+soothing power. And 155hp per tick without soothing power. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, stormemperor.3745 said:

After playing elementalist in every game mode. I can finally park my elementalist in kaineng jumping puzzle. Definitely one of the best park profession in game. Just like warrior.

Thanks for the balance update, I can finally stop playing elementalist.

in PvE ele is best power dps hands down - 2nd in dps down by 100-200 dps to power SLB long bow, decent boon support. No ideae where you came up iwth the idea, that cata is bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

in PvE ele is best power dps hands down - 2nd in dps down by 100-200 dps to power SLB long bow, decent boon support. No ideae where you came up iwth the idea, that cata is bad.

I smell some snowcrows benchmark "competence" here (no offence meant, just dont rely on the benches to measure the state of the class plz). Did you actually play pcata? Could you achieve the results of benchmarkers in real fights?

It has been stated times and times again, that 0.1% of the community (aka benchmarkers with perfect ping) can achieve results (on the golem ofc) that are shown in sc benchmarks.The majority of people (im not saying that they are bad or anything, just average playing people) can barelly get 28-30k dps with it (while doing the correct rotation ofc). While other classes like virtuoso/bladesworn/SB/specter/mechanist/harbringer/even FB can much more reliably get 34-35k dps with no problems at all. 

Now about that boon support. You need to either spec into it via traits or get gear with concentration. Both is a major dps loss. Otherwise you get something like 5 might for 10 secs (fire sphere), 6 secs of reso (water one), 5 secs of fury (air), 6 secs of prot (earth) IF you manage ur energy to get 4 of them out in a rotation. With a 15 sec cd (with no alac, or with alac its something like 12-13 secs). Ofc you get some more boons from air traitline (fury) and fire (might), but it still doent make you a good boon support. Its support capabilities are quite limited or nonexistant if you dont spec into it. And most of the abovementioned boons get covered by healers/supports. 
Now about that real fight thing i said. Not every class can easily unload its potential (dps) in real fights. Some of the classes have animations lockes (hi weaver), melee dependance (hi weaver/cata), tight rotations (hi ele in general) or boon/condi reliant (hi chilled) that can ruin you rotation and obliterate your dps in a sec if something goes wrong during the fight. Most classes can mitigate that via built in condi cleanse/range/easier rotations. Thats why you dont rate classes based on the benchmarks. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I play only ele, so yes - I play pcata.

Perfect 4 sphere rotation does 37k now. And i could only find scourge logs of you on wingman. "I play only ele"....

Slb does actually more than 38k now and has range and suffers way less from rotational mistakes. Ele is not the worst dps specs to bring but it still has garbage utility and is fully melee and has an insane rotation and it doesnt even bring top tier damage anymore. Just fine if you dont mess up and dont do the new strike cms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

And i could only find scourge logs of you on wingman. "I play only ele"....

Yes, i have other classes, also I don't use wingman, and it shows 32 Mama kills... Which should kinda tell you it's not full history of my encounters (not even close). And my main is ele 😉 Out of 7,5k hours played GW2, 7,2k on ele alone. So yes, i kinda play ele only.

and has range and suffers way less from rotational mistakes

And it doesn't matter, as moving targets prefer condi to begin with, and rota... well... git gud?

Ele is not the worst dps specs to bring but it still has garbage utility and is fully melee and has an insane rotation and it doesnt even bring top tier damage anymore

It is still top tier power dps (if not the best), as it brings very solid damage, some decent boon support. Is it difficult? Yes. Does it need squad built around cata for it to perform at it's best? Kinda. Is it still one of the best power builds in the game? Definitely.

new strike cms

Only content that exist in game, right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

On benchmarks maybe, in actual fights, i don't think so. 

Also you bring so little utility when you play DPS that makes things even worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1