WvW Again

Stajan.4581

OK So since no one seems to think what i have said is valid because they either 1 do nothing but WvW or think the GW2 is perfect the way it is ( in which case they are wrong and even the Devs will tell you that).  I have come up with a way the WvW could be gainful to the PVE player. Since it is already a mutant version of capture the flag why mot make a server that is exactly that. All you do is run around and capture the points by taking out guard if you wish, but there is 0 player on player fighting. Every 5 min if a place has been captured it changes to another colour. If there are 2 colours in the same spot the colour with the most ppl in that one spot will capture the point.

Allow for pip progression for conflux armour and backpack as normal and allow for gift reward track as normal as well. drops from NPCs would be the standard stuff it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Stajan.4581 said:

All you do is run around and capture the points by taking out guard if you wish, but there is 0 player on player fighting.

Allow for pip progression for conflux armour and backpack as normal and allow for gift reward track as normal as well. drops from NPCs would be the standard stuff it is now.

So, WvW without actually playing WvW, including the same rewards as if you were playing WvW?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

OK So since no one seems to think what i have said is valid because they either 1 do nothing but WvW or think the GW2 is perfect the way it is ( in which case they are wrong and even the Devs will tell you that).  I have come up with a way the WvW could be gainful to the PVE player. Since it is already a mutant version of capture the flag why mot make a server that is exactly that. All you do is run around and capture the points by taking out guard if you wish, but there is 0 player on player fighting. Every 5 min if a place has been captured it changes to another colour. If there are 2 colours in the same spot the colour with the most ppl in that one spot will capture the point.

The reasons you suggest are not why people oppose your suggestions. Your suggestion, this one at least, is opposed because it is awful. Truly terrible. Unbelievably so.

If you want to suggest a new game mode, go for it. Asking that the entire playerbase of an existing game mode have it taken away from them so that you do not face the possibility of direct conflict with another player in a PvP game mode is disgusting. I normally focus on the suggestion, not the person making it, when I am for or against their idea but you make that difficult. This suggestions says much about the person behind it, and nothing good.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

OK So since no one seems to think what i have said is valid because they either 1 do nothing but WvW or think the GW2 is perfect the way it is ( in which case they are wrong and even the Devs will tell you that

"The only reason anyone would disagree with me is because they are brainwashed".

Perhaps people disagree with you because they don't believe your ideas are any good. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So you want WvW without the PvP element, just fighting NPCs? It exist: it's called PvE events. You have all what you are looking for: you run around without fighting other players, you have lots of capture the flag type situation, specially in meta-events and you have rewards.

I know it sounds revolutionary, but i think you should try it, it's available on... well... basically every PvE maps...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

So you want WvW without the PvP element, just fighting NPCs? It exist: it's called PvE events. You have all what you are looking for: you run around without fighting other players, you have lots of capture the flag type situation, specially in meta-events and you have rewards.

I know it sounds revolutionary, but i think you should try it, it's available on... well... basically every PvE maps...

Yeah, but then they wouldn't get the WvW rewards they want! 😉

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Yeah, but then they wouldn't get the WvW rewards they want! 😉

Ah yes, there is that... 🤔
Hmm..  Then maybe (s)he should join all the other players that complain that they are getting killed by other players when they are doing dailies... in a PvP map.

• Like 1

Yeah nah. If you want the rewards (Conflux etc) you just need to suck it up and play the game mode.

As much as you might not want to do WvW, it is the thing you have to do if you want those items.  Choice is yours.

I don’t like raids and refuse to do them, so I miss out on the legendaries from there. My choice.

If we changed every game mode to suit everyone who has a problem with it, we would have 83,916,254 different versions of the same game mode to choose from.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

That's called Edge of the Mists. At least when I was there on release, it was just a "run in circles together" map.

Wait, that isn't what the rest of WvW is too? 😛

(I am kinda joking, but the way zerg play is... the groups that care about capping points anyway... it's not *that* much different from how I remember EotM karma train)

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I want Events and PvPvE Objective Based gameplay of different group sizes throughout the WvW Map. 

That's what Desert Borderland was when it was released and there were good reasons why the PvE part was removed, one of it being that it was bringing a ton of lag (in a game mode that is already laggy af half of the time).

If you want PvE with the possibility of doing PvP on the side then I suggest you play MMOs that have either PvP servers or an option to enable PvP in their PvE maps...
And more often than not, very little PvP happens in these games because the factions mix servers are usually hugely one-sided because 90% of the people in these servers wants the option to PvP but without the constant threat of being killed themselves, so they choose a place where they know their faction outnumbers the other faction(s).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

That's what Desert Borderland was when it was released and there were good reasons why the PvE part was removed, one of it being that it was bringing a ton of lag (in a game mode that is already laggy af half of the time).

If you want PvE with the possibility of doing PvP on the side then I suggest you play MMOs that have either PvP servers or an option to enable PvP in their PvE maps...
And more often than not, very little PvP happens in these games because the factions mix servers are usually hugely one-sided because 90% of the people in these servers wants the option to PvP but without the constant threat of being killed themselves, so they choose a place where they know their faction outnumbers the other faction(s).

Well LAG is a bug. Like any Bug, it can be worked on and fixed, instead of outright removing it permanently. 

And why would I need to go to a different MMO when I spent time and money here like everybody else? WvW was marketed as a PvPvE game mode originally.  PvP in a PvE map isnt the same as PvPvE gameplay, because the two gameplay have to be related to each other to be PvPvE.  Otherwise its just Open World PvP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The reasons you suggest are not why people oppose your suggestions. Your suggestion, this one at least, is opposed because it is awful. Truly terrible. Unbelievably so.

If you want to suggest a new game mode, go for it. Asking that the entire playerbase of an existing game mode have it taken away from them so that you do not face the possibility of direct conflict with another player in a PvP game mode is disgusting. I normally focus on the suggestion, not the person making it, when I am for or against their idea but you make that difficult. This suggestions says much about the person behind it, and nothing good.

Than ANET needs to get rid of the timers and anything that goes along with time gating to gain skirmish tickets. People like to craft but they hate WvW and they have to WvW if they want to make legendaries. That is 100000000000000000000000000000000000% total BS

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Wrong there is no reward track in PVE for you to get gifts to craft and there is only 1 PVE ring that is in raids and I and many others do nto raid

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2