Bladesworn is just too strong (and bugged)

Zekent.3652

The bug abuse:

1- F2 CD is shorter than it should be if you used Dragon Slash 2, fast.
2- Dragonscale Defense (The trait that gives stab to F2), it's bugged, ICD is way shorter than tooltip.

And the obvious part (at least this one is not a bug) shouts didn't need a buff, people were complaining about bladesworn sustain and got completely ignored by buffing shouts 2 times in a row.

It's just really unfun to play against something like this, that abuses a really strong sustain and bugs.

Patch [hide]Changes
June 28, 2022
  • Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.
March 29, 2022
  • Increased heal attribute scaling from 0.5 to 0.75 in PvP only. Increased heal attribute scaling from 1.0 to 1.2 in WvW only.
February 23, 2021
  • Reduced heal scaling from 0.64 to 0.5 in PvP only.
December 01, 2020
  • Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.
February 25, 2020 Competitive content update:
  • (Competitive split) Reduced healing coefficient from 1.2 to 1.0.
October 15, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that caused this trait to heal for less than the listed amount. Fixed an issue that caused this trait to have incorrect information in the combat log.
October 01, 2019
  • This trait no longer grants adrenaline when using shouts. Instead, it grants healing power equal to 13% of power.
February 22, 2017
  • The effect of healing power on this trait has been increased by 20%.
June 23, 2015 Specialization update:
  • Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
  • Added: Reduces recharge of shout skills by 20%.
  • Added: Shouts grant you 5 adrenaline.
October 15, 2013
  • Increased the base healing by 25%.
  • Increased the scaling with healing power stat from 80% to 90%.
February 26, 2013
  • This trait has been fixed to properly affect allies within a range of up to 600.
August 28, 2012 Game release:
  • Vigorous Shouts has been added to the game.
Edited by Zizekent.2398
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

just delete the spec, if ever warrior becomes meta, no real warrior player want it to become meta this way.

such a disgrace.

badly designed, clunky af and unfun to play.

only became meta, because disgustingly overbuffed overpowered self heal numbers and bugged traits

with basically 0 interactive gameplay, in a game all about interactive gameplay.

feels like i'm playing a turn based game whenever i'm on bladesworn.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Zizekent.2398 actually the dragonstale defence one is just a Bug yes. But letz keep it real. Without this Bug it would be unplayable cause everyone and their mother would be able to perma cc ya out of the dragontrigger Mode xd

Yeah, this bug is just "okay" compared to the other one. The real problem from that bug is that it comes with an already strong build that abuses it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

just delete the spec, if ever warrior becomes meta, no real warrior player want it to become meta this way.

such a disgrace.

only became meta, because disgustingly overbuffed overpowered self heal numbers and bugged traits

with basically 0 interactive gameplay, in a game all about interactive gameplay.

The rare sight of a true Warrior.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

such a disgrace.

(shakes head)...

Bladesworn would've worked in gw1 due to its self-rooted nature, not gw2! A spec with self-rooted skills in an action combat RPG with lots of mobility is a disaster lmao! Again, as you say, carried by high-healing numbers and Dragon Trigger damage.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

if you fix the bugs it will be underperforming against the top end specs again, so no need to nerf the sustain, the bugs increase its sustain far more than youd think with the free stuns, charge->might->healing conversion, movement speed, and stab

not to mention if you drop a traitline for disci to get back some of that CD on f2, you'll lose plenty of healing and sustain from either strength or tactics, once again putting it in a fine spot sustain wise

so fix the bugs, dont nerf it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Zizekent.2398 it might ignore slow. But if your think about it. It allready is a 2,5 second cast time skill that root yourself soooo might be fair enough lol. Also tho it ignores quickness btw xd.

Tho dragonslash 2 does not ignore your dodge. It only Hits you after your dodge when your dodge goes backwards (cause its a movement skill that ccs enemy) so a dodge to left right or forwards would fix this Problem xd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

The bug abuse:

1- F2 CD is shorter than it should be if you used Dragon Slash 2, fast.
2- Dragonscale Defense (The trait that gives stab to F2), it's bugged, ICD is way shorter than tooltip.

And the obvious part (at least this one is not a bug) shouts didn't need a buff, people were complaining about bladesworn sustain and got completely ignored by buffing shouts 2 times in a row.

It's just really unfun to play against something like this, that abuses a really strong sustain and bugs.

Patch [hide]Changes
June 28, 2022
  • Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.
March 29, 2022
  • Increased heal attribute scaling from 0.5 to 0.75 in PvP only. Increased heal attribute scaling from 1.0 to 1.2 in WvW only.
February 23, 2021
  • Reduced heal scaling from 0.64 to 0.5 in PvP only.
December 01, 2020
  • Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.
February 25, 2020 Competitive content update:
  • (Competitive split) Reduced healing coefficient from 1.2 to 1.0.
October 15, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that caused this trait to heal for less than the listed amount. Fixed an issue that caused this trait to have incorrect information in the combat log.
October 01, 2019
  • This trait no longer grants adrenaline when using shouts. Instead, it grants healing power equal to 13% of power.
February 22, 2017
  • The effect of healing power on this trait has been increased by 20%.
June 23, 2015 Specialization update:
  • Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
  • Added: Reduces recharge of shout skills by 20%.
  • Added: Shouts grant you 5 adrenaline.
October 15, 2013
  • Increased the base healing by 25%.
  • Increased the scaling with healing power stat from 80% to 90%.
February 26, 2013
  • This trait has been fixed to properly affect allies within a range of up to 600.
August 28, 2012 Game release:
  • Vigorous Shouts has been added to the game.

they buffed the heal scaling.

what does that mean?

They actually didnt buff it. The buff is only noticable, should you have healingpower.... aka your trying to go for a shouthealer.

Edit: they have a power to healingpower conversion... "big noob noob me" didnt know this 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

if you fix the bugs it will be underperforming against the top end specs again, so no need to nerf the sustain, the bugs increase its sustain far more than youd think with the free stuns, charge->might->healing conversion, movement speed, and stab

not to mention if you drop a traitline for disci to get back some of that CD on f2, you'll lose plenty of healing and sustain from either strength or tactics, once again putting it in a fine spot sustain wise

Tactical Reload needs another functionality. Current secondary effect of recharging the next Slash faster and possibly reducing the CD of the next dragon trigger. Id say to even make it a 25-30 sec CD elite at that point. 

It, recharging shouts, is always going to be busted, bugs or not. Ahouts and heal skill all ammo, the potential is huge even if you deny some faster CDs and slow ignoring attacks. 

But if you nerf that, you also should buff core, Zerker and SpB. Especially SpB. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

they buffed the heal scaling.

what does that mean?

They actually didnt buff it. The buff is only noticable, should you have healingpower.... aka your trying to go for a shouthealer.

Vigorous Shouts gives healing power for a percentage of power. Sounds like a very noticeable buff.

56 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Zizekent.2398 it might ignore slow. But if your think about it. It allready is a 2,5 second cast time skill that root yourself soooo might be fair enough lol. Also tho it ignores quickness btw xd.

Tho dragonslash 2 does not ignore your dodge. It only Hits you after your dodge when your dodge goes backwards (cause its a movement skill that ccs enemy) so a dodge to left right or forwards would fix this Problem xd

Yes, i said that, also ignores quickness.

And DragonSlash 2 it's undodgeable if it's at melee, it's like all of the hitting code is in the same spot and you just can't dodge it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

This is true. Building Momentum also benefits from the 3s DT - Reach spamming. I do like being able to use DT flicks for defensive kiting but its just feeding BS a lot more sustain than it should.

• Thanks 1

The funny part to me is that on Jetstream Sam you must time and space everything with great care, otherwise you just get destroyed. Chaining the charge hits between your taunts and dodging/repositioning to be able to do the crazy videos you'll find... is actually very skillful. And flows way better since the charge attacks finish charging way faster...

And on bladesworn you are just a sitting dmg sponge or a running one. LB SB with smogscale is more of a Jetstream Sam than bladesworn ever will be. But oh well. At least war has a strong build even if I got bored by it after 2 games. For however many months it lasts.

Remove the stun on whatever you call the charge move, or make it not do dmg... like (nearly?) every other CC in the game. The rest I don't really care about, the unblockable, blind-ignoring, aegis and stab giving (lol) charge attack is just everything you need in this game to have a chance at landing a big single hitter (and the hit is not that big).

Kinda dumb that the stab is 3 seconds fixed, instead of being removed when you exit DT... but 1 stack of 3 seconds is not that much. It doesn't feel very interactable with the aegis and the bladesworn being able to do a move at any point AND stun you... but again oh well. Just add it to the long list of BS in the game and call it a day.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly after 8 yrs in this game I just assume any viable warrior spec or any viable build on any warrior spec that is effective or see's play in MATs will be a subject of threads like this very one. It seems as for some reason warrior has been chosen as the class that is not allowed to see play competitively for long before the community wishes it nerfed back to seeing it unplayed, which seems strange to me as it is the most straight forward class with the biggest telegraphs of any class and has far less unfavorable gimmicks such as stealth, teleports etc. ranger, ele and mesmer seem to follow this to a bit lesser degree.

There are far worse and oppressive things in gw2 pvp that have remained since far beyond even the newest expan.

It's almost like warriors fate goes like this. A new warrior espec releases and or somthings buffed on the others opening up warrior to be seen in the meta in MATs  and after a couple of showing in the MATs the community contacts the devs and explaine that somthing is indeed wrong with the games current state because they have seen warrior in not one but multiple MATs which is against the gw2 terms of service so anet replies oops sry guys we weren't paying close enough attention and quickly remedies the situation by nerfing warrior back to the least competitive class. At least seems like this to me lol

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 8

45 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

It seems as for some reason warrior has been chosen as the class that is not allowed to see play competitively for long before the community wishes it nerfed back to seeing it unplayed, which seems strange to me as it is the most straight forward class with the biggest telegraphs of any class and has far less unfavorable gimmicks such as stealth, teleports etc. ranger, ele and mesmer seem to follow this to a bit lesser degree.

Nah this isn't about "warrior". It's about BS.

people want the hilarious sustain, wonky hitboxes, and overall bugs on BS to be put in check. lol don't worry i promise no one is concerned with the rest of warrior

I also love how you put "far less unfavorable gimmicks" in a topic about BS, the healbot king.

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Nah this isn't about "warrior". It's about BS.

people want the hilarious sustain, wonky hitboxes, and overall bugs on BS to be put in check. lol don't worry i promise no one is concerned with the rest of warrior

I also love how you put "far less unfavorable gimmicks" in a topic about BS, the healbot king.

Yeah obviously fix the bsw bugs, needs to be done and would already slightly nerf bsw just by doing so. Problem with nerfing bsw sustain via nerfing shout and reload elite synergy as well as the bugs currently helping prop up bsw is the class will most likely join the ranks of the rest of the warrior specs, no one discusses the state bsw would be in with the bug fixes and sustain nerf and whetherit will still rain competitive and what can be done if not. Oh don't worry I kno no one is worrying about core, splb or zerker being op anytime soon for obvious reasons, my point is if they ever do get a buff where they do start to see competitive play they will be promptly nerfed to being not played any longer and there will be nerf warrior threads all over the forums before such nerfing happens.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1