specter most OP

felix.2386

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Meh specter does 0 damage on higher MMR. You can sit the AoE and take almost no damage and then they just blink away when you focus them 😑. I found a normal Daredevil Thief more threatening since at least they can one shot you.

Just wanting to point out that you have not touched high MMR..... JUST SAYING..... Gold 3 or even low Plat is NOT high MMR..... There is a reason proteams are playing with up to 3 Thiefs right now....

Daredevil.... threatening... ONESHOT?!?  WHAT!?   If anything you mean Deadeye....

Deadeye is what you should be afraid off currently!

saying it does 0 damage is just delusional. Sc/p specter is incredible and anyone denying this is either playing it or has not met one.

The thing with specter is: Just spamming the 3 skill over and over again, you will apply 4 diffrent conditions. That is something that not alot of builds can deal with. No matter how good you play. A good Specter will melt 75% of popular builds right away. There is no chance for the other one to win that matchup. Just not happening....

a single skill should not apply 4 diffrent conditions over and over again... it applys root,slow,poison,torment.  The overall design of this 3 skill is way to bloated, and it rewards spamming it over and over.

24 minutes ago, amandavd.3574 said:

Ive never seen these mythical specters that are harder to deal with than a top tier bladesworns. Who are they?

guys... what the hell? 😄  They are all over here in plat+ i guess...

a good specter is incredible.... Specter is literally condinecro on steroids.....

Killing a Bladesworn is like a walk in the park for a good specter....  The Weakness and root on demand, completly mess with a Bladesworn. All of that aside...Just the permanent application of poison from "deadly ambition" completely has the Bladesworn flap over. They cleanse with their shouts... the problem is tho... they also heal with their shouts. Meaning they cast their shouts into poison, which greatly reduces their healingoutput. The torment will also always be ontop of the poison. The "deadlyamibtion" trait applys the poison at the beginning of the skill and your Beam will load him up with torment. Even when he has Trooper rune, which is mandatory to sustaining the condition pressure, he will waste every heal into poison. Because it only cleanses 1 at a time and the Torment will almost always be applied AFTER the poison. The only way to deal with the healing reduction is to use "shakeitoff" followed by a healskill. But guess what.... you press 3 and he suddenly is loaded with 4 conditions again...

I am so glad you people apparently have not met a competent sc/p condispecter.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Just wanting to point out that you have not touched high MMR..... JUST SAYING..... Gold 3 or even low Plat is NOT high MMR..... There is a reason proteams are playing with up to 3 Thiefs right now....

Daredevil.... threatening... ONESHOT?!?  WHAT!?   If anything you mean Deadeye....

Deadeye is what you should be afraid off currently!

saying it does 0 damage is just delusional. Sc/p specter is incredible and anyone denying this is either playing it or has not met one.

I played the top player in the US the other day and Won so yeah. I barely see any good specters that is my point.
If they are so good why don't we see them in ranked, rather I see mostly Bladesworns and Mesmers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

I played the top player in the US the other day and Won so yeah. I barely see any good specters that is my point.
If they are so good why don't we see them in ranked, rather I see mostly Bladesworns and Mesmers.

may i ask what top player you are talking about?

Idk about you... but at 1589 rating in EU i see ALOT of specters.

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

may i ask what top player you are talking about?

Idk about you... but at 1589 rating in EU i see ALOT of specters.

GrimJack at 1846, i did get complained at for not playing correctly through. Even if we Won

Edited by Mell.4873

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

GrimJack at 1846

And he was playing Specter and you beat him with your Untamed? or whats the point here?

i know you are sitting in gold 3.... i dont really know what this grimjack comment is about..

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

No he was a Bladesworn, the only specter was on my team and he was yelling at me the whole time for camping home.

you had grimmjack in your Gold 3 game? Oh boyy... the matchmaker these days... sure that it was not a fanboy? 😄

i mean... grimmjack is here... in this forum... we will know sooner or later.^^

But what has that to do with Specter being good or bad?

Edited by Sahne.6950

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

you had grimmjack in your Gold 3 game? Oh boyy... the matchmaker these days...

But what has that to do with Specter being good or bad?

I think my point was that most games Bladesworn is the most dominant profession and Mesmer rather than Specter

• Haha 4
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

I think my point was that most games Bladesworn is the most dominant profession and Mesmer rather than Specter

You saying that mesmer is dominating.... is everything i need to know 😉

anyone saying that mesmer is dominating

has

a) no clue

or

b) no clue

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You saying that mesmer is dominating.... is everything i need to know 😉

anyone saying that mesmer is dominating

has

a) no clue

or

b) no clue

Maybe its a US thing but alot of one-shoting Mesmer in ranked, atleast 1-2 per match

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

bruh... you have to stop mashing buttons when you see this little purple twisty symbol with a 20 next to it. 😉

Its just an observation, I guess if we compare Theif vs Mesmer they are roughly even. I really don't find many good Specters in US ranked. The times I have dueled them they do almost no damage for some reason.

Hmm in terms of Mesmer I know why they play it since I did attempt it in ranked but my reaction time with Mesmer is not good, (I'm in NZ so over 200ms ping.)

In terms of the Mesmer forum comment, I'm just not afraid to promote PvE builds (true they are somewhat lacking compared to other classes).

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

On 8/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Meh specter does 0 damage on higher MMR. You can sit the AoE and take almost no damage and then they just blink away when you focus them 😑. I found a normal Daredevil Thief more threatening since at least they can one shot you.

Thief one shots in high level?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I played 8-9 matches with spectre right now, i havent played it before

self shalow grave should be at 300 secs cd, like all other "save you from death" traits are

this is the trait that pop up as broken at first, as i play I'll find more things as I'm very bad with the builds to the point i'm being memed by rifle engis

On 8/26/2022 at 9:39 AM, lotus.5672 said:

Thief one shots in high level?

Yeah they do and although they are more opportunists rather than outright downing someone from full health. 

Again I do see more Daredevils than Specters in the US ranked PvP and they normally do better. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2