Daily quests as a expansion owner. [Merged]

MrGrim.2193

9 hours ago, MrGrim.2193 said:

Yeah i haven't bin there yet. also don't really want to go to places of the expansions yet before i get there story wise. maybe that's weird of me idk. 

That's not weird, its playing the game as created. Take your time and enjoy, there is a lot of story out there. If you do want dailies and aren't getting PvE ones in the zones you have unlocked it is worth it to start to identify the easier sPvP and WvW for quick wins even if you can get all three of the PvE ones since it will help you out in trying the other two game modes and get you materials coin and gear that can be used in PvE as well. Good exploring to you and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why people make fun of op? Prior to buying the expansions, all events of daily are in the core maps. As soon as one buys the expacs, the other dailies from expansion maps become mandatory, and no longer core dailies. It's clunky at the start and new players will have a hard time even getting to those maps/may not want to get there before doing story. 

It's a weakness of the daily system, albeit not a really big one. Could be resolved by giving someone new to an expansion a grace period to keep doing dailies in core maps.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Heretic.6928 said:

I don't understand why people make fun of op? Prior to buying the expansions, all events of daily are in the core maps. As soon as one buys the expacs, the other dailies from expansion maps become mandatory, and no longer core dailies. It's clunky at the start and new players will have a hard time even getting to those maps/may not want to get there before doing story. 

It's a weakness of the daily system, albeit not a really big one. Could be resolved by giving someone new to an expansion a grace period to keep doing dailies in core maps.

I don't see people making fun of OP, just telling him what options there are before he gets with the story further.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/2/2022 at 6:08 AM, MrGrim.2193 said:

It sure is nice that because I decided to support the game I can't complete all my dailies today unless I dip into pvp/wvw. 
because I don't have access to any of these other places yet 😄
https://i.imgur.com/T2R4YPK.png

I agree with you Mr. Grim even if a lot of veterans don't. I think dailies like that should be locked until you've visited the zone it's in on at least one character. People should be allowed to play PvE dailies without spoilers.

That said there are very fast ways to get the other dailies that are often more convenient than any of the PvE dailies, and some of them don't involve any kind of PvP at all. If you're on a US server I'd be happy to show you some.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I agree with you Mr. Grim even if a lot of veterans don't. I think dailies like that should be locked until you've visited the zone it's in on at least one character. People should be allowed to play PvE dailies without spoilers.

Totally agree with you. Some of the comments implied that OP choose not to do it although he is able to.

Just having the region unlocked doesn't mean that the player is ready for it. Maps need to be explored to locate the areas where they can be done. Especially for a new player, not knowing the area, you tend to go slowly. It is not easy to say, choose 3 of the following,  if you're still exploring Core Tyria maps: Desert Highlands Bounty, Shiverpeak Lumberer, Tribulation Caverns JP and Cursed Shore event completer (Tomorrow's choices, btw). New players are often intimidated by WvW and PvP, so will often ignore those choices. I have a few guildmates who have played for a number of years and have never tried PvP. And some are reluctant to enter WvW because of the PvP/PvE hybrid aspect.

Unlocking expansions and having your choices suddenly change can be upsetting as it forces you to do a brand new set of dailies.

The choices should only include regions/maps that you have completed a significant portion of and/or have done the story.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Tip for player: You have 5 guild slots, join 1 guild with guild hall in the Dessert and 1 guild with guild hall in the Heart of Maguuma, this way gathering dailies in Dessert/Heart of Maguuma are done very fast and easy.

Tip for guilds: Don't all move your Guild Hall to EoD, it can be a distinguishing feature to have one in Maguuma or the Desert.

2nd Tip for player: Mix your PvE dailies with WvW dailes, it will be much faster and if you don't forget to activate the "Gif of Battle"-path (but do warclaw-path first), you will have them when you need them 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Tip for player: You have 5 guild slots, join 1 guild with guild hall in the Dessert and 1 guild with guild hall in the Heart of Maguuma, this way gathering dailies in Dessert/Heart of Maguuma are done very fast.

Tip for guilds: Don't all move your Guild Hall to EoD, it can be a distinuishing feature to have one in Maguuma or the Desert.

To add, join as many guild as you can, preferably of different farming levels. I belong to 5 guilds: 2 with guild halls at Isle of Reflection (EoD), 1 at Lost Precipice (Heart of Maguuma), 1 at Windswept Haven  (Crystal Dessert) and my personal private guild hall at Gilded Hollow (HoM).

So, any farming in those areas can be completed very very fast. In addition, the halls at one of the IoR, LP and WH are all at T4 (synthesizer). The 2nd IoR is at T3 and my hall is at T2. The T3 were intentionally left so by the guild leader and my hall will always remain T2. With the different levels, I'm able to farm 3 halls daily.

Another tip: farm full home instance daily especially if the farming dailies are at either Maguuma, Kryta, Shiverpeak or Ascalon. They can be completed very fast as well. Check the link below for locations.

Check Daily/easy dailies for a list of the easiest locations for doing some of the regional dailies.

Just ask on mapchat or wait for someone to offer at any of those locations. There's always someone willing to share.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Totally agree with you. Some of the comments implied that OP choose not to do it although he is able to.

Just having the region unlocked doesn't mean that the player is ready for it.

I think you just misunderstood those comments or straight up ignored when people spelled it out in their posts anyways, but pve are not the only dailies available. There are also easy wvw/pvp dailies if someone's goal is to get that "daily completionist". So yes, he might not have unlocked expansion zones yet, but he still has access to 8 other achievements.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think you just misunderstood those comments or straight up ignored when people spelled it out in their posts anyways, but pve are not the only dailies available. There are also easy wvw/pvp dailies if someone's goal is to get that "daily completionist". So yes, he might not have unlocked expansion zones yet, but he still has access to 8 other achievements. Using tp to a friend is also an easy option without playing story out of order.

Actually read what he said and try to understand what he meant. And comment on that. Any other comments, especially criticism of OP's point with your personal interpretation is totally irrelevant.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Actually read what he said and try to understand what he meant. And comment on that. Any other comments, especially criticism of OP's point with your personal interpretation is totally irrelevant.

So he knowingly excludes 8 out of 12 daily achievements and that's the game's fault? Oh well.

Can I now also cut any amount of content I want and claim I should be able to get whatever I want for any limited amount of game I'm willing to play? I don't think I should. And so I don't think he should. But sure, opinions are opinions, maybe anet will agree, I sure don't 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So he knowingly excludes 8 out of 12 daily achievements and that's the game's fault? Oh well.

Can I now also cut any amount of content I want and claim I should be able to get whatever I want for any limited amount of game I'm willing to play? I don't think I should. And so I don't think he should. But sure, opinions are opinions, maybe anet will agree, I sure don't 🤷‍♂️

Your first comment:

...so you can complete 3 dailies, but you just don't want to, because they're not all in core maps

Straight up criticism and accusation instead of offering any suggestions. You didn't even try to understand what Op is trying to say.

Any arguments you make after, to try to justify your comments, is totally irrelevant And yes, sometimes ignoring irrelevancies is the best action to take.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Your first comment:

Straight up criticism and accusation instead of offering any suggestions. You didn't even try to understand what Op is trying to say.

Any arguments you make after, to try to justify your comments, is totally irrelevant And yes, sometimes ignoring irrelevancies is the best action to take.

And how is "...so you can complete 3 dailies, but you just don't want to, because they're not all in core maps" as a response to "I can't complete all my dailies today unless I dip into pvp/wvw" somehow not true? It's in line with what I said above: "So he knowingly excludes 8 out of 12 daily achievements and that's the game's fault?".

What about that is false or missing anything? The suggestion IS to complete other dailies. It is not some made up justification, it's a fact and was a fact since the first response.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

They pop up on purchase of the content. I think. When I only had the old core game account (from back then when we had to pay for it - so eligible for dailiy login rewards and all the stuff) I did not get them. When I bought PoF+HoT those achievements popped up though I did want to play in order of release - and had not yet unlocked the access to those maps.

Only thing you can do is to fill the remaining dailies with PvP/WvW. I think it would be too hard for them to do a different check. This probably would have to be account wide (since daily achievements are not on a per-character base) and check all chars if they have unlocked those maps. (Could to a check by achivement maybe.) I guess this is a "I'd rather have them spent their resources on something else" thing. There would not be any loss for other players if they implemented  something - but I don't think it would be that easy.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And how is "...so you can complete 3 dailies, but you just don't want to, because they're not all in core maps" as a response to "I can't complete all my dailies today unless I dip into pvp/wvw" somehow not true? It's in line with what I said above: "So he knowingly excludes 8 out of 12 daily achievements and that's the game's fault?".

What about that is false or missing anything? The suggestion IS to complete other dailies. It is not some made up justification, it's a fact and was a fact since the first response.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

39 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Don't pretend you have anything to say when you don't. No amount of you running away from facts you dislike will change the fact my post was directly connected to what he said. You missed it, I explained it to you, now dodge all you want if that somehow makes you feel better, w/e.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't like to block anyone because other people's comments can seem disjointed . With you, you always ignore what others have to say. Come up with more useless and irrelevant arguments, which others will ignore. Then accuse them of  running away. You do not choose to discuss but rather to argue.

Always the same with you regardless of with whom you have a debate with.  So, henceforth, I will ignore all your comments or any of your quotes of my comments.

Perhaps, a moderator can delete some of these useless comments (including this one). 

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

I don't like to block anyone because other people's comments can seem disjointed . With you, you always ignore what others have to say. Come up with more useless and irrelevant arguments, which others will ignore. Then accuse them of  running away. You do not choose to discuss but rather to argue.

Always the same with you regardless of with whom you have a debate with.  So, henceforth, I will ignore all your comments or any of your quotes of my comments.

Perhaps, a moderator can delete some of these useless comments (including this one). 

I am responding to your posts while you're the one ignoring what I said, by weirdly repeating "your explanations don't matter and are better ignored" (and yes, these are explanations. No new points were made here, as I said: you misunderstood something, got it explained to you and then subsequently started doing... this 🤦‍♂️).

Perhaps you could just stop omitting explanations you dislike just because they don't fit your previously drawn wrong conclusions.

Once again: there's nothing "irrelevant" or "useless" about what I wrote in my previous posts, they're just true -and as much as you're free to think they're not for whatever reason, your choice to respond with this... nothingness just shows you know you didn't understand what I initially wrote and now struggle with admitting it for whatever reason. Suddenly starting some weird rant about "blocking or not blocking people" as if it's supposed to be some sort of meaningful threat when you already avoid what I wrote anyways is also pretty bizarre. You do you.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I see OP has played since at least 2019 and has had the expansions since then according to an old post.  With recent comments we can deduce that they are a returning player.  So OP has access to all locations, but will need to play the game to get there.  Until then, yes they will have to run PvP or WvW some days to complete their dailies. 

Hopefully they continue the game and get to all the waypoints and content and not have to post about how they don't have access yet support the game.  Good luck, have fun!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Greetings All,

I recently purchased Guild Wars 2 Collection and expansions added to my account.
Currently, storywise, I am playing LWS2 and I would like to progress organically in the correct order.
However, the moment I purchased all expansions, I realized, my daily PVE missions are coming from expansion maps in which I am not able to travel at the moment since I did not yet start those maps and related story missions.

I am either not able to complete daily missions or I have to go WvW/PVP which I do not really feel comfortable doing so.
I am a little frustrated to be "penalized" by purchasing all expansions, so in case developers are looking at this, for their inforarmation, this is frustrating, daily missions should be aligned with personal progress not with purchased expansions.

Thank you!

• Confused 1

I understand the frustration. But did you consider using something like a teleport to friend or joining a guild with a guildhall in the area?

That way you can go to the map for just the daily and then you can still follow the story. Or is it more of a "don't want to go to a map before it comes up in the story?"

Also, PvP and WvW has players that will help you. Like myself, I am not really a PvP of WvW player but I do go there for dailies.  I do WvW mostly, cause there is almost always someone tagged up I can just follow and get what I need if PvE has something I don't wanna do.

And yes, the way it's implemented is not the "best" way but they can't adjust that for every sinlge player. That would take a ton of work.

Edited by SandraSolace.7682

53 minutes ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

And yes, the way it's implemented is not the "best" way but they can't adjust that for every sinlge player. That would take a ton of work.

It doesn't have to be catered to individuals. Dailies can be implemented according to the Living Worlds/Expansions sequence. That is in the order of LW S1, S2, HoT, S3, PoF, S4, IBS, EoD.

Since Dailies are mainly focused on Core Tyria, HoT & PoF, it'll only trigger the Dailies according to these 3 checkpoints, i.e. you'll only get Core Tyria until you start HoT and will only get PoF if you start any story for PoF and/or beyond. That shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Edited by Silent.6137

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

It doesn't have to be catered to individuals. Dailies can be implemented according to the Living Worlds/Expansions sequence. That is in the order of LW S1, S2, HoT, S3, PoF, S4, IBS, EoD.

Since Dailies are mainly focused on Core Tyria, HoT & PoF, it'll only trigger the Dailies according to these 3 checkpoints, i.e. you'll only get Core Tyria until you start HoT and will only get PoF if you start any story for PoF and/or beyond. That shouldn't be that hard to implement.

or just make them separate like EoD

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, at least if you are after the achievement points since there is a cap in how many you can get long term.

Your complaint is not a new one and I agree it’s ill thought out.

For newer players, the daily 2g reward is huge. I know it was for me back then so anything that makes it more difficult than it is was a very big deal.

52 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

or just make them separate like EoD

All zones not part of Core, HoT or PoF have their own dailies. But they do not contribute towards the AP rewards or the daily 2g. Personally, I wouldn't want to be limited to specific zones only, if that is what you meant. The way it is, I still have a good reason to visit some of those areas which I will not otherwise. Although I had reached my cap and 2g is no longer of any significant amount, it is still good to do them as part of my daily routines.