Daily quests as a expansion owner. [Merged]

MrGrim.2193

41 minutes ago, MrGrim.2193 said:

It sure is nice that because I decided to support the game I can't complete all my dailies today unless I dip into pvp/wvw. 
because I don't have access to any of these other places yet 😄
https://i.imgur.com/T2R4YPK.png

You can pick what ever of these daily and you will get your Gold. You only need to complete 3.

Mix one PvP, WvW and/or PvE and you will be done. It shouldn't be a problem if you aren't hard set to newer do any other game mode then PvE.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MrGrim.2193 said:

It sure is nice that because I decided to support the game I can't complete all my dailies today unless I dip into pvp/wvw. 

Assuming you haven't been there yet in game which is what is confusing people I think. You are right I don't think the system is dynamic in a way that it knows what people have unlocked and what areas they have been able to access yet. If this is the case and I am not assuming wrong what you could try and hit a hub city like Lion's Arch and see if you can get someone to port you to those areas if you have any teleport to a friend. But not sure that's your best bang for the buck here. PvP or trying some WvW might be your best beat.

• Like 1

Several WvW dailies are really "PvE with a chance of getting ganked." The veteran creature, guard slayer, monument, land claimer, camp capturer and big spender. For the big spender, go to obsidian sanctum and buy racial gear from the skritt. You'll get your daily plus unlock skins, and there are no enemies whatsoever there.

Be sure to select a desired reward track first.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrGrim.2193 said:

The dailies will not be available to you, and will not show up, unless you already have access to them. In other words, you have unlocked HoT/PoF. You'll have to explore the maps to unlocked the waypoints.

Easiest way is to teleport to friends to get there. Alternatively, joining guilds with guildhalls in those areas (Gilded Hollow or  Lost Precipice into Verdant Brinks;  Windswept Haven  into Vabbi and onto the Desolations), you'll be able to get to one of those maps easily.

In addition, for farming dailies, GH and LP guildhalls can be harvested for the Heart of Mguuma. And WH guildhall for any Crystal Desert's. Check Daily/easy dailies for a list of the easiest locations for doing some of the regional dailies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrGrim.2193 said:

So why don't you go to PvP/WvW?

WvW ones in particular can take as little as 10 seconds to complete, depends on how fast you can get to a vendor and buy something with badges of honor...

Others also sometimes take less than PvE, and you get potions of WvW rewards that will actually be useful one day when you decide on making a legendary, and you won't be complaining that you have to do WvW for Gift of Battle, you'll just chug your 80 potions and finish it instantly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

The dailies will not be available to you, and will not show up, unless you already have access to them. In other words, you have unlocked HoT/PoF. You'll have to explore the maps to unlocked the waypoints.

Easiest way is to teleport to friends to get there. Alternatively, joining guilds with guildhalls in those areas (Gilded Hollow or  Lost Precipice into Verdant Brinks;  Windswept Haven  into Vabbi and onto the Desolations), you'll be able to get to one of those maps easily.

In addition, for farming dailies, GH and LP guildhalls can be harvested for the Heart of Mguuma. And WH guildhall for any Crystal Desert's. Check Daily/easy dailies for a list of the easiest locations for doing some of the regional dailies.

would this also be the case if a level skip was used?

ie: just got the game, skip to 80, so now all the expac content is listed in the daily, whereas if i had lvl 20, it would be restricted to core tyria?

i never understood how that works.

25 minutes ago, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

ie: just got the game, skip to 80, so now all the expac content is listed in the daily, whereas if i had lvl 20, it would be restricted to core tyria?

I suppose you used a level 80 booster and got your character to level 80 and had exotic gear chest that you could equip?

In that case you have fast forward the in game level system which explains things at different level (stages) when those unlocks. PvP and WWvW have each their own panel that can use to go directly to each starting area without having to open Lion's Arch WP and use Asura Gates which exist there too to govto both game modes including Raid area.

You csn find those panels in the top left bar on screen. It is useful to know that you csn go to either and return back on PvE World where you left, that way you can use all NPC vendors that exist at lobby to PvP or at the main spawn for WvW as you have Black Lion NPC to get your Gold ot items you bought.

It is a free version of Lounges or VIP passes you can by in Gem Store.  The only difference is that there are no craft stations or NPCs there.

I would suggest you look up GW2 wiki, if want to know more about each game mode, how to get there and what to do.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

It is unfortunate that your dailies update to include new expansion maps as soon as you buy the expansion rather than after you visit the specific maps.

That said, it is worthwhile to join guilds to have access to halls associated with each expansion. As mentioned previously, daily veteran creature killer, big spender, and monuments in wvw are very quick and easy....and many (most?) wvw players will not attack someone clearly waiting at a vet creature spawn point. My guild will kick players for violating this unwritten rule of etiquette.

17 minutes ago, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

How many achievements in each category you see will depends on the highest level character in your account (Level 1 = 1,  L11 = 3, L31 = 4) . Depending on what you have for expansions, the available achievements will change.

Look at Daily list. The different color triangle indicates which ones will show up for you. Those with no restrictions, they'll be available to all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Or buy a Badge of Tribute from  Davis the Survivor at any guild halls.

Well if people are giving advice on what to buy, I usually go for a WvW Infusion when it's Big Spender.

I do play WvW so I do benefit from the extra percentage defence or offence against WvW NPCs, I don't play Fractals, I'd take it I'd be right in saying that if you don't do fractals, a WvW infusion gives just as much benefit as the fractal ones? If you don't do fractals or WvW, there are no Guards to do more damage to or take less damage from, and there is also no Agony, so a WvW Infusion should be every bit as beneficial as an agony resist one?

On the original topic though, I do think it would be best if it was the expansion or core. Like, if you have PoF and get Desert Vista Viewer, if you don't it might be Kryta Vista Viewer. How abiout if everyone just sees Desert or Kryta Vista Viewer?

1 minute ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Well if people are giving advice on what to buy, I usually go for a WvW Infusion when it's Big Spender.

We're just suggesting the cheap, fast and easy dailes for new players. Hence, Badge of Tributes.

Fractal vs WvW Infusions - main attributes such as power+ works the same. Agony Resistance limited to Fractals, just as the secondary WvW attributes are only relevant to WvW.

Since it is possible now to have achievements set up of 'do 1 of these 2 and it counts', it would be great if ANet changed the dailies so that in cases where the daily includes a non core area, you could choose to either do the expansion area or the core area to count as 1 of those 3 (if you did both, it wouldn't count for anything more)

There are certainly times I'd much rather do something in the far silverwastes vs HoT for the extra map rewards.  And sometimes it is just useful to know something in core is the daily, which right now I can't determine unless I go to the wiki to see what the dailies are.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...so you can complete 3 dailies, but you just don't want to, because they're not all in core maps 😄

no you might want to re read what i wrote. 

7 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

What's preventing you from going to the ones in open world...other than you choose not to?

The fact that i haven't bin there. don't have the map unlocked. haven't done the story yet past zhaitan. 

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Assuming you haven't been there yet in game which is what is confusing people I think. You are right I don't think the system is dynamic in a way that it knows what people have unlocked and what areas they have been able to access yet. If this is the case and I am not assuming wrong what you could try and hit a hub city like Lion's Arch and see if you can get someone to port you to those areas if you have any teleport to a friend. But not sure that's your best bang for the buck here. PvP or trying some WvW might be your best beat.

Yeah i haven't bin there yet. also don't really want to go to places of the expansions yet before i get there story wise. maybe that's weird of me idk. 

6 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Several WvW dailies are really "PvE with a chance of getting ganked." The veteran creature, guard slayer, monument, land claimer, camp capturer and big spender. For the big spender, go to obsidian sanctum and buy racial gear from the skritt. You'll get your daily plus unlock skins, and there are no enemies whatsoever there.

Be sure to select a desired reward track first.

hmm ill keep it in mind next time this happens. and have a better look at what exactly some of the wvw dailies entail. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

What's preventing you from going to the ones in open world...other than you choose not to?

You need story (and thus spoilers) to access everything from Path of Fire and beyond. Visiting Heart of Maguuma for dailies will also have major spoilers. Some people don't like spoilers.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Teleport to friend no spoilers to either expansion area.

The NPCs constantly talk about whats going on, though. And its kind of hard to ignore stuff like evil [redacted] or [redacted] going on a rampage through Elona.

Also, a fresh lv80 likely doesn't have a Teleport to Friend item.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You need story (and thus spoilers) to access everything from Path of Fire and beyond. Visiting Heart of Maguuma for dailies will also have major spoilers. Some people don't like spoilers.

That's a valid point, I don't love spoilers either so I could see that.  Unfortunately that leaves OP with dabbling in WvW or PvP.  Since they have been on the forums since 2019, and while they be a returning player, that shouldn't be a huge shock.

• Like 1