Level 80 boost cannot be removed from shared slot?! ​🤬

RLD.7439

While I too dislike the current implementation, I would not be surprised if this is just how the boosts were designed and to change them now would be troublesome. The wiki states that even boosts purchased from the BLTC require an empty shared inventory slot -- "L80 Boosts acquired via Black Lion Instant Level 80 Tickets require an existing empty Shared Inventory Slot for use."

However the existence of this ticket does allow for them to give the expansion boosts in the form of a ticket with an empty shared inventory slot. It would still require you to vacate a shared inventory slot to work, but it would allow you to decide when - perhaps a reasonable compromise?

That said, leveling in GW2 is not terribly difficult so using it on an existing level 80 is not the end of the world. (And despite knowing that I still have my two unused expansion boosts. I tell myself I should just use them to free up the slot, but I never do).

Edited by Glacial.9516
  • Like 1

It's annoying, but it may be done that way to reduce user error. I recall another MMO that had similar kind of tokens and every so often you'd hear about someone deleting the character it was on or deleting it without using it. By sticking it to a shared inventory slot until used, I believe there's no way you can accidentally delete it or misplace it.

I wish there was another way though, cause the couple times I've gotten them from a special edition or whatever, I've rushed a bit using them to get at the inventory slot. With one, I kinda regret it, don't really like the character and now it feels like a waste if I delete and remake them. The leveling itself wouldn't be a big loss, but losing the easy full celestial gear set would miff me a bit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

It was always advertised as "you get a lvl80 booster in a shared and when you use it, you can keep the slot"

No it wasn't. Look at the Ultimate Edition EoD buy page. It literally just says 'shared inventory slot' completely separate from the boost and there is no mention of the slot being occupied.

OP really has a point like it or not. OP bought these items with his own plans for usage and that is his good right. He should not have to waste the boost just to use the shared inventory slot he paid for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 9/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

No, you don't understand, what he means is that the reason why you get a shared slot is because it's made to work with shared slot, if it wasn't, you probably wouldn't get a shared slot at all.

It was always advertised as "you get a lvl80 booster in a shared and when you use it, you can keep the slot"

I would claim that it is wrong to claim that Shared Inventory where for free and Level 80 Booster where the reason for it as both Level 80 Booster and Shared Inventory slot is being bundled this way with a purchase of expansions.

The normal delivery of everything else from Gem Store is by in game mail system, so it would not be necessary to use this way of delivery if it wasn't to make new player aware of Gem Store items like this.

It is a way to make players that have bought this bundle to look in Gem Store for either item and also try out how each might work and then use it as a part of microtransaction - MTX- in games like this.

This isn't uncommon for MMOs and also let players learn if it is of any use to buy any more in the future, so not a bad way to direct new player to look in Gem Store in the future for both.

Level 80 Booster cost 2000 Gems when it is on sale in GS - although you wont get gear and other things from a Level 80 Ticket - and Shared Inventory slot cost from 700 Gems - less bought as 3 or 5 package purchase.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

On 9/3/2022 at 4:08 PM, RLD.7439 said:

I don't believe for a moment that they couldn't be mutually exclusive. The Ultimate Edition could quite well come with one and not the other.

Their scam here, is to get you to consume the boost ASAP.

It's shady design and on purpose. Otherwise they would have changed it a long time ago.

Look at it this way, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have just dropped it your inventory like all the other items. If you wanted to use it on another character, fine, drop it in your shared slot and use it, simple as that.

This is all my opinion based on common sense and doing what's best for the customer. 🙂

Uh.... what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

I would claim that it is wrong to claim that Shared Inventory where for free and Level 80 Booster where the reason for it as both Level 80 Booster and Shared Inventory slot is being bundled this way with a purchase of expansions.

The normal delivery of everything else from Gem Store is by in game mail system, so it would not be necessary to use this way of delivery if it wasn't to make new player aware of Gem Store items like this.

It is a way to make players that have bought this bundle to look in Gem Store for either item and also try out how each might work and then use it as a part of microtransaction - MTX- in games like this.

This isn't uncommon for MMOs and also let players learn if it is of any use to buy any more in the future, so not a bad way to direct new player to look in Gem Store in the future for both.

Level 80 Booster cost 2000 Gems when it is on sale in GS - although you wont get gear and other things from a Level 80 Ticket - and Shared Inventory slot cost from 700 Gems - less bought as 3 or 5 package purchase.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

I don't understand what is your point there.

The lvl80 boost is in an expansion because some people may want to try the expansion right away, and the shared inventory slot is there because the boost will slot in it, the one on the gemstore work the same, when you use it, it slots into the shared slot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

No it wasn't. Look at the Ultimate Edition EoD buy page. It literally just says 'shared inventory slot' completely separate from the boost and there is no mention of the slot being occupied.

OP really has a point like it or not. OP bought these items with his own plans for usage and that is his good right. He should not have to waste the boost just to use the shared inventory slot he paid for.

I didn't check this one, but it was advertised like this for HoT and also maybe PoF. 

Maybe they changed the list a bit because previously it would be incomplete, the shared slot wasn't mentioned

Someone designed it this way with intention, and I'm sure you and I have similar guesses on why. And they aren't gonna change that.

More importantly. Use it (and undo it) for each of your chars (3 armour weights. I quite like the light armour one) to get the 3 skin unlocks, and to unlock the SW and the maguuma map just before it for your convenience before you fully consume the boost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...