New Profession Suggestion

kawaiiboy.2685

I love martial artist classes ^.^ 

BDO I mained mystic alongside my tamer. FFXIV I love monk! Also tried the WoW version but I really found that game to not be my cup of tea despite giving it a few attempts now. 

In general punching things in cool ways is just satisfying :3 If they could get fluid combos it would be great! I am very curious to see in general what new things will come for this game, hopefully when they do arrive I am caught up.

• Like 1

You're going to need to do better than that.  What roles would it fill, what armor type, what weapons would it use, what would be its unique class mechanic, describe what its utilities, its healing, its elites skills, its traits.

Don't just come here and say "copy this other game's class", give Anet and the rest of us a reason why it could work in GW2's paradigm.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

50 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You're going to need to do better than that.  What roles would it fill, what armor type, what weapons would it use, what would be its unique class mechanic, describe what its utilities, its healing, its elites skills, its traits.

Don't just come here and say "copy this other game's class", give Anet and the rest of us a reason why it could work in GW2's paradigm.

Exactly, and it would be nice if we have something unique, instead of just copy paste

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, kawaiiboy.2685 said:

Martial Artist or Striker Class like in BDO 

New elite specialization is boring cause it only gives new weapon skills and 5 new skills on the left.

Be careful what you wish for.  Anet is likely to implement your martial artist with boring weapon skills and 5 new skills on the left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Then you would have to introduce one for each armor.  Each with boring weapon skills.  Otherwise you have some angry heavy armor players that they didn't get fists of fury.

They wouldn't need to introduce three new professions with one for each armour type. The only profession they have added so far was the Revenant.  Wears heavy armour. They never added a medium or light armour profession, every profession that wears medium or light has been in since launch.

So if they ever add a 10th profession to the game, they won't need to make two more of different armour weights.

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

They wouldn't need to introduce three new professions with one for each armour type. The only profession they have added so far was the Revenant.  Wears heavy armour. They never added a medium or light armour profession, every profession that wears medium or light has been in since launch.

So if they ever add a 10th profession to the game, they won't need to make two more of different armour weights.

Part of the expressed reasoning behind introducing Rev was the imbalance between the armor weights. Three each for medium and light but only two heavy. Adding more of one weight now would reintroduce that imbalance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Part of the expressed reasoning behind introducing Rev was the imbalance between the armor weights. Three each for medium and light but only two heavy. Adding more of one weight now would reintroduce that imbalance. 

Exactly, thank you for clarifying my post.  They would need to add one of each armor class to keep it even.  

• Like 1

I believe 9 professions is perfectly fine. The only thing i'd really like to see is a couple of new weapons. I understand that adding an entirely new weapon 10 years after release isn't that realistic (r.i.p. scythe), but i'd love to see the addition of spear and Trident for elite specializations. Both weapons suit alot of different professions/playstyles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

I believe 9 professions is perfectly fine. The only thing i'd really like to see is a couple of new weapons. I understand that adding an entirely new weapon 10 years after release isn't that realistic (r.i.p. scythe), but i'd love to see the addition of spear and Trident for elite specializations. Both weapons suit alot of different professions/playstyles.

ironic, is people were saying 8 professions was perfectly fine as well.  I am sure people will say the same thing once 10 professions become a thing. 

• Confused 1

I'd be content if there was a proffession about beating up people without relying on weapons.

Or at least make it so every class has some mediocre moves if unarmed. Not like it matters for the story issues because Anet just gives you a "Disarmed" weapon when they need you to not carry one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't need to give them ideas. That is arenanet's job

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Armor; none. Walks around bearing all. Clothes are a weakness your enemy can exploit, a true martial artist does not allow his enemy an opportunity to grab his collar, for he has no collar.

Role: Chad. Everyone knows punching is more kitten than using a weapon. You want health? I’ll punch you to full health. You want alacrity? I’ll beat you until your skills recharge faster. You want quickness? Nothing is quicker than a person running from this fist. 

Unique class mechanic: Punch.

Weapons used: none. Just punch.

Utilities: Punch, with special effects.

Healing: Punch, but nicely. 

Traits: Punch, but with more emphasis on the Punch part.

I hope I’ve satisfied your questions and you can see why this spec is absolutely essential. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

5 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Exactly, thank you for clarifying my post.  They would need to add one of each armor class to keep it even.  

Though, F2P and Heroic still have only two Heavys. I didn't think equipment needed to be even as to how many professions can and can't use it. If you look at weapons, 8 of the 9 professions can use a Sword, only 3 can use a Shortbow, Longbow or Rifle.

1 hour ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

Though, F2P and Heroic still have only two Heavys. I didn't think equipment needed to be even as to how many professions can and can't use it. If you look at weapons, 8 of the 9 professions can use a Sword, only 3 can use a Shortbow, Longbow or Rifle.

Ooh didn't think about that.  If they ever added another profession though it would likely be as part of an expansion, so would just be more inaccessible for f2p.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, kawaiiboy.2685 said:

Martial Artist or Striker Class like in BDO 

New elite specialization is boring cause it only gives new weapon skills and 5 new skills on the right.

Elite specs actually provide a lot for a game with horizontal progression. While most MMOs stack 5-10 more levels with each expansion, giving one, maybe two skills and maybe a Skill version X, or whatever each class gets an entire new way to play. 2-5 new skills from the new weapon, 4 utility skills, a heal, a elite skill, 12 new traits, Elite spec mechanic skills which can range from 1-30 new skills.

At minimum an elite spec is adding 9 new skills and at most (currently with weaver) 48 I believe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lily.1935 said:

Elite specs actually provide a lot for a game with horizontal progression. While most MMOs stack 5-10 more levels with each expansion, giving one, maybe two skills and maybe a Skill version X, or whatever each class gets an entire new way to play. 2-5 new skills from the new weapon, 4 utility skills, a heal, a elite skill, 12 new traits, Elite spec mechanic skills which can range from 1-30 new skills.

At minimum an elite spec is adding 9 new skills and at most (currently with weaver) 48 I believe.

But elite specs will never provide a truly unique class, rather just a variation of the base profession. To me, they just feel like different builds for the same class, not like separate classes.
Weaver is just like any other Elementalist, with the same 4 attunements, swapping between them. Yes it does have some different skills, and it doesn't play exactly the same like other Elementalists, but still, it's a variation of the Elementalist, not a completely separate class.
Revenants are the same as well, you have 2 different legends to pick, which give you 5 more preset abilities each, and abilities use up a resource. 
You get the point.

So I'm not so sure why this community seems to be so against them adding some brand new professions. If you are not interested in them, they you could just not play them. I get it that Anet have probably decided that they're only gonna release more elite specs, but imo they really should consider making brand new professions as well.

9 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Then there was no point to you starting this thread.  Cause Anet's not going to copy a random BDO class, especially without a good reason.

That's what you said but not Anet. I'm just here to remind Anet to make a new profession like striker for variety. I know what class you weakling players want another easy life class like mechanist.

Edited by kawaiiboy.2685
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Sinmir.6504 said:

You may not think that an equal number of classes for each armor weight matters, but ANet does.

Personally I would rather see an elite spec than an entirely new class. Or perhaps a new weapon type for fist loads added.