How to buy legendary armors

Hottie.8274

54 minutes ago, Hottie.8274 said:

Do people sell those off the Trading post? (but still legal)

All legendary items are account bound except for Gen1 and Gen 3 weapons, which are tradeable. Meaning to obtain them, you'll have to craft them yourself, in addition to doing any quest or grinding for the necessary items.

Follow the links on this page for all legendary items: Legendary.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

All legendary items are account bound except for Gen1 and Gen 3 weapons, which are tradeable. Meaning to obtain them, you'll have to craft them yourself, in addition to doing any quest or grinding for the necessary items.

Follow the links on this page for all legendary items: Legendary.

The Thread is about armor, not weapons i guess.
And there are options to legaly trade account bound items too, not all of them but some at least.

About the armor, yes you can "buy" it.
You do it by getting carried through the different raid wings, having a grp doing it for you.

Be careful though: There is a chance of getting scammed using such a service and you are not allowed to buy the service with real money or anything outside of gw2 mats (see Anet's TOS).
Don't get banned or scammed!

In Addition: those services are extremely overpriced (imho) and the price for a full set of one armor type values around 2.500-3.000g.

Personal advice: get your hands on a nice and friendly guild and do it yourself 😀

Greetings
Cypher

Edited by theCypher.9406
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

You cannot just buy legendary armors. There currently are 3 sets of legendary armor available. These are among the ultimate end-game rewards and take a lot of effort to obtain.

There is a legendary armor set bound to raiding, one for WvW and one for PvP.

In my opinion, the WvW one is by far the easiest to get, but it is long and grindy. If you can hang around in WvW, and be active (in any way you desire) this one is obtainable.

All legendary armors are quite expensive to craft, besides their specific requirements.

Infusions: Cheapest are WvW infusions, which need a few laurels and badges of honor. They have all stats to chose from so get some stats that fit your build.

My advice:

Familiarize yourself with this games gearing system first before throwing gold at it.  You seem very new and willing to waste a lot of gold.

Now obviously this is your choice and you are free to spend your gold as you want, but chances are high you will not get very far with just randomly spending gold without knowing what you are doing.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 5

21 hours ago, Hottie.8274 said:

is it worth 30 to 50g

If you like it, then it's worth it.

It's a cosmetic item mostly, it just happens to have som stat bonus and (i believe) agony resistance.

But it seems to me you don't really understand how the gear system works in this game.

Having legendary gear won't make you stronger over having ascended.

Your power comes from stats on your gear. Exotic is second best, and ascended is best.

Legendary only gives you a free stat change option, and you can put infusions and runes/sigils in them without destroying them.

Legendary is only a quality of life improvement.

Zojja's Axe, which you crafted is an ascended weapon.

All ascended weapons are account bount, meaning all your characters can use them.

And you can change stats on it with a recipe (though, some of them can be pricey or require rare materials).

Be wary that changing the stats will DESTROY the item, and give you a new one. So don't throw any precursors (which are required to make legendary out of) in the Mystic Forge. You won't be able to get them back.

You can craft yourself a set of ascended armor, farm LS3 currency and buy ascended trinkets and bakcpack from those maps (bloodstone fen is best cause you can reset the stats on those for cheap), and whatever weapons you use, and you'll have the best possible gear in the game stat wise. You just then have to use the stats that suit your character build.

If you plan on getting legendary armor though, it's a LOOOOOONG process.

Legendary anything is meant to be something to do long term, not something you start now and you'll be done in a week.

I mean, if you have € to throw at gem to gold conversion, you can definitely buy Gen1 legendaries from the trading post.

But you'll have to work for your armor and trinkets, those can't be sold.

You can buy gold again, then spend on the materials, but obtaining a precursor and gifts needed to make a legendary usually takes a long achievement chain, grinding of LI/Skirmish tickets/Shards depending on which  mode legendary you're going for (you can get a PvE raid legendary armor, WvW armor and PvP armor).

So, for now, craft yourself a set of ascended stuff with the stats for your build (Zojja's is berserker's, that's a stat for power builds).

Then slowly work your way toward the armor/trinkets.

As for infusions - if you just want a stat boost, you can buy WvW infusions in any of the borderlands laurel vendor. They cost laurels and badges, so you'll have to do some WvW at least, but they're very cheap.

For cosmetic infusions - some are SUPER expensive, but you know, you can buy them off the Trading Post. They also have a stat boost, but it's the same as WvW infusions.

Agony infusions - only required for fractals. You can get agony+stat infusions, but those are also expensive.

I'd leave infusions for now, they don't provide a super significant boost anyway, you probably won't notice the difference, and are mostly good to haves, not required to haves.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Exotic is second best, and ascended is best.

I disagree with this - for MOST things in the game (token exception is end-game content - T4 fractals and raids), exotic gear will be just fine. That being said, I do agree with you that OP isn't very well versed with the in game gearing system but that will be learned given time. We all started there, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, DebraKadabra.5278 said:

I disagree with this - for MOST things in the game (token exception is end-game content - T4 fractals and raids), exotic gear will be just fine. That being said, I do agree with you that OP isn't very well versed with the in game gearing system but that will be learned given time. We all started there, too.

I didn't say it won't be fine, i said it's second best stat wise, just pure numbers, that's just facts lol. Exotic has the second best stats in the game, followed by ascended.

I wasn't making comments that it's inferior to ascended for playing the game, hell i use exotic on most of my characters that i got from WvW armor boxes. I agree it's perfectly fine for even endgame content. But numerically, Ascended is better.

Anyway, it's OPs wish to go above exotic, so i tried to explain how it works. 😄

• Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, theCypher.9406 said:

And there are options to legaly trade account bound items too, not all of them but some at least.

You can not transfer account bound items between accounts and as a result you can not trade account bound items with other players.

About the armor, yes you can "buy" it.
You do it by getting carried through the different raid wings, having a grp doing it for you.

Yes, you can pay raid groups to carry you through raids. But you still have to play yourself and need a little bit of skill or you would not be able to complete the raid armor collections. So, you can not just "buy" (pay gold and do nothing else) raid armor legally. And paying others to play with your account would be a violation of the TOS.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

My advice:

Familiarize yourself with this games gearing system first before throwing gold at it.  You seem very new and willing to waste a lot of gold.

Yes, that's good advice.

• Like 1

The Thread is about armor, not weapons i guess.

And that's why Silent was talking about legendary items, not just weapons.

On 9/14/2022 at 3:57 AM, Hottie.8274 said:

so I crafted a single Zajja's Axe. What would you recommend to put in the infusion slot? I have gold and gems.

How about an infusion? 😄 Preferably one that makes sense with your build and utilizes its attributes.

P.S. on Legendary Armor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1

You can't directly buy legendary armor and trinkets, only gen1 and gen3 weapons.

For armor, you can buy almost all mats with gold, but some of them are account bound and obtainable only by playing certain game modes (raids, pvp, wvw) for a certain amount of time. Please do not feed raid sellers, this game's LFG is already terminally ill as it is.

For trinkets it's similar to armor, each game mode has their own, except for accessories and one amulet that require a ton of achievements.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hottie.8274 said:

Anyone know how to go about legally buying a legendary armor set?

You already asked this a few days ago.  And you got several responses that it is not possible to buy legendary armor. Why do you think you get different answers if you ask the same question again a few days later?

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I also saw your recent thread about dying in pve and I think it's worth noting that if you're regularly dying in pve content, beelining into legendary gear won't change that. The stats are the same as ascended gear -and if you're consistently dying in exotics, ascended themselves rarely will make a meaningful difference (of course in some rare "edge-cases" it might, but overally wouldn't count on it).

It's probably better to ask for help in areas that you find difficult gameplay-wise.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

You already asked this a few days ago.  And you got several responses that it is not possible to buy legendary armor. Why do you think you get different answers if you ask the same question again a few days later?

Sorry - tottally forgot about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 9/15/2022 at 7:40 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

You can craft yourself a set of ascended armor, farm LS3 currency and buy ascended trinkets and bakcpack from those maps (bloodstone fen is best cause you can reset the stats on those for cheap), and whatever weapons you use, and you'll have the best possible gear in the game stat wise.

Is there a guide or video you'd recommend on LS3. I'm working through LS4. Just bunch of magic shards idk what they do.

• Sad 1