Essence of luck needs a purpose.

I know this was discussed many times but here we go again. Since the essence of luck was introduced on the 3'rd of September 2013 a lot of players  are stuck getting them and having no use for them. I maxed my luck in like half a year so since 2014  I am just consuming them for no reason just not to delete them.

The addition of crafting them into exotics was nice but the only use a veteran player has from them is during Chantan new year festival where you can turn them into bags of junk. Making you flood your inventory with them and keeping them for a full year if you want to do that again.

Either bring a merchant that is available in game all year around or increase the cap to like 400 and make it need exponentially more luck from level to level just so it does not feel like we are just deleting them for no reason whatsoever. 

I would say currently at least 30 or 40 % of the player base does not have a purpose for them and its bad. Give them a purpose! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

I know this was discussed many times but here we go again. Since the essence of luck was introduced on the 3'rd of September 2013 a lot of players  are stuck getting them and having no use for them. I maxed my luck in like half a year so since 2014  I am just consuming them for no reason just not to delete them.

The addition of crafting them into exotics was nice but the only use a veteran player has from them is during Chantan new year festival where you can turn them into bags of junk. Making you flood your inventory with them and keeping them for a full year if you want to do that again.

Either bring a merchant that is available in game all year around or increase the cap to like 400 and make it need exponentially more luck from level to level just so it does not feel like we are just deleting them for no reason whatsoever. 

I would say currently at least 30 or 40 % of the player base does not have a purpose for them and its bad. Give them a purpose! 

Please use the forums search.  https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search/?q=essense of luck&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=11&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_in=titles

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

is that a real stat?  ive got thousands of hours  on my main char and i'm only at 207%

7.5k hours on my alt, I salvage all blues and greens so that is all gear that would give essence of luck. I even salvage ectos when my main account needs the dust. Even with that it is only at 246%.

• Like 6

Just now, Khisanth.2948 said:

7.5k hours on my alt, I salvage all blues and greens so that is all gear that would give essence of luck. I even salvage ectos when my main account needs the dust. Even with that it is only at 246%.

yeah thats what i thought, i suspect its more likely that <= 5% have maxed out MF.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

10 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

About 4.5% of the accounts on gw2efficiency have maxed it out, or have enough essences to do it, so yes, your number looks more realistic.

Yeah, even at 10%, you'll be over-estimating by a lot. All the big guilds I'm in, very very few had maxed out their luck.

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

The new legendary weapons use them.  Need 250 exotic ones to craft a Gift of Research.

More uses would be welcome.

I craft lots of Gen 3 but are still swamped with stacks of exotics. Have an entire Bank Tab dedicated for storing them. Definitely need more ways to dispose of them.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

guess OP made the mistake of buying stuff from Auction to convert to MF and has ended up as an outlier.  Eventually game will catch up OP and the cap will be extended again as before.

I don't reckon it will. They didn't properly plan things out (as is the case with so many things) when adding MF which is why it affects so few things. They've admitted they don't want the hassle of rebalancing things like luck, so i'd imagine they won't touch ot ever again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Personally I've had my luck maxed out for almost 2 years, and I don't really think this is an issue. I still salvage all the loot I get, I just drop the luck in my bank and refine it every now and then and store it on my artificer (currently on 30 stacks, though before last LNY it was around 100).

I use quite a bit on Aurene Legendaries (10 stacks, with 6 to go), but the rest I always just spend during Lunar New Year.

I don't agree with raising the MF cap, especially when so few have already reached 300 - and it's capped at 750% anyhow.

If you don't think it's worth it to keep the luck - then just don't. You can delete it if you don't need it, just like Bloodstone Dust or whatever else material.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yeah, even at 10%, you'll be over-estimating by a lot. All the big guilds I'm in, very very few had maxed out their luck.

I craft lots of Gen 3 but are still swamped with stacks of exotics. Have an entire Bank Tab dedicated to storing them. Definitely need more ways to dispose of them.

Absolutely.  I have a stack saved up for future use when I get around to crafting one.  They're plentiful.