Support Vindicator Needs a HOT FIX

XXX.8196

As someone who was hardcore using Support Vindicator in Small-scale, I am not biased therefore I want to point the obvious that Support Vindicator needs changed and it needs changed quick so people don't take full advantage of it. 

Support Vindicator was given 2 dodges, therefore you dodge non stop. Using double energy sigil, so you get endurance back on weapon swap (a full dodge), your f2 giving you another dodge, tree song giving endurance when cleansing, etc.. The endurance traits needs to be changed/reworked to prevent a full on Dodge Spam only class. 

A rotation could look something like this, Dodge, Dodge, Tree song, dodge, weapon swap, dodge, f2, dodge, tree song, dodge, tree song, dodge, weapon swap, dodge, it's just dodge spam/weapon swap/tree song, and that's it. I understand the barrier and heal was halfed, but you are almost keeping full dodge uptime and barrier uptime, so the endurance needs to be addressed or revert it back to it's original form pre patch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I pulled out my cele Vindi last night to see what all the talk was about.  During the first 2 fights, I didn't even know what the buttons I was pushing did.  After our group of 8 or so wiped the zerg that second time, I finally looked at the descriptions...

Same here.  Not cele though.  And zero prior experience on the spec.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

/mirage hobbles over with a cane to see what all the hoopla is about

/sees vindicator jumparkouring/hopskipping/sumavaultingsaulting everywhere

/mutters and goes back to their coffin

I also remember the old days of the Daredevil ping pong of death dodging thru enemy zergs and killing peeps from one end to the other. Will have to set one of these up to see to see how they might be adjusted or killed if not. Need to do some testing. Was working on the changes on the War Berserker elite first since it seemed to have changes that would impact game play and timing. Sounds like one of those that it looks good on paper changes but when combined.....

17 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

But gais we need more low intensity face roll specs to play, please stop asking for nerwfs and ask for more underdunder specs to play!

To be fair, I think this was more a result of just overlooking something rather than purposeful low apm design and playing favorites with the professions.

• Like 1

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

To be fair, I think this was more a result of just overlooking something rather than purposeful low apm design and playing favorites with the professions.

Oh I'm sure it's them overlooking some things in regards to the change, bound to happen when they try to chain too many things together on one specific thing. But I'm gonna make fun of the situation in the meantime. 🤭

43 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Oh I'm sure it's them overlooking some things in regards to the change, bound to happen when they try to chain too many things together on one specific thing. But I'm gonna make fun of the situation in the meantime. 🤭

We ran 4 in a 30 person group, had 1 scrapper….  Similar other comp, and we were grinding down guild groups of 45-50…. It’s clearly broken.  We would lose maybe 4-5 each engage.  

Everyone was talking about how broken it was. If everyone runs it, fights will last effectively indefinitely with run backs.  

Even with the low brow play we have before this, this just makes it gross.

• Like 1

Sounding like it's everyone create a Vindi weekend event in the making. Flash mob anyone? Question is what will make sense here if it is over-tuned? Nerfing the sigil isn't a good answer. Haven't looked for posts where the negative feedback was coming from on the single dodge. Is it over-tuned on all three GM traits or just some? Anyone run into it in sPvP since that might be where the negative feedback came from that triggered the adjustment?

36 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

We ran 4 in a 30 person group, had 1 scrapper….  Similar other comp, and we were grinding down guild groups of 45-50…. It’s clearly broken.  We would lose maybe 4-5 each engage.  

Everyone was talking about how broken it was. If everyone runs it, fights will last effectively indefinitely with run backs.  

Even with the low brow play we have before this, this just makes it gross.

Will be interesting to see how fast they bother with a hot fix, and how many groups catch up and abuse it by tonight.

Considering they make such a big deal over needing time to make balance changes, "everything is down a pipeline we can't just change stuff instantly!" Plus it's wvw, not a priority, wouldn't be surprised if it's around until their "next" balance patch in nov. 🤭

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Will be interesting to see how fast they bother with a hot fix, and how many groups catch up and abuse it by tonight.

Considering they make such a big deal over needing time to make balance changes, "everything is down a pipeline we can't just change stuff instantly!" Plus it's wvw, not a priority, wouldn't be surprised if it's around until their "next" balance patch in nov. 🤭

With a post two weeks before that says something to the effect of ‘we heard your concerns and are going to buff Vindicator and take dodge completely away fro mirage.’

😏😉