ITS TIME FOR A 2ND LEGENDARY RING OBTAINABLE VIA PVP OR WVW

39 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

It was rare enough that my wvw friends said there was none, good to know. Still think WvW players are being done dirty earning another legendary with a visual upgrade that rarely shows.

I do WvW but I don't mind. I rarely use those effects now that they can be turned off. I find them distracting rather than cool. I just like the fact that I have the option of avoiding to have make Coalescence.

36 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

WvW'ers only get two rings.

Pve can get two accessories, one ring, and amulet.

Pvp gets an amulet.

So yeah not balanced at all, but certainly not in wvw favor.

At this point we should have legendary trinkets available in all slots in every area of the game. Gear we already have, and weapons maybe too, but that feels like it would be asking for too much for them to do...

Instead they're working on more legendary fluff skins...

Oh, I totally agree, as I mentioned in an earlier post.  It was just specifically in the context of the rings, WvW is actually better off than basically everyone else.

• Confused 5

9 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This is considered a bad option by some of us as Conflux is one of the most expensive items in the game, and making 2x Conflux is such a massive drain on your WvW resources that it literally forces you to play the other modes for anything else. I ended up having to do more than 80% of my armor in PvP because of this.

The PvE trinkets don't have this problem because they each have their own journey, only sharing a few resources. It'd be nice if a second ring was introduced to WvW ins a similar manner, or if one was added to PvP so you could at least do it alongside Conflux, the amulet and one of the backpieces.

More diversity in obtaining items is good for the game. Honestly, the amulet should've been a ring to begin with, as any cosmetic enrichments you slot in it don't even show up in PvP.

armor
pvp 1749g - 231g for Mystic Clovers  = 1518g
wvw 2134g (525g for MoB) - 231g for Mystic Clovers  = 1903g
raid 1561g

conflux 1198g (306g for MoB) - 198g for Mystic Clovers = 1000g
coalesence 934g

Once the passively acquired clovers are accounted for the price difference is much less massive. The value of the clovers are basically worthless if you are not making a legendary but in this case they are 100% relevant.

The item that dominates the total cost is the value of the Memory of Battle but Memory of Battle is exclusive to WvW. Getting them might be slow(judging from their price and rate being shackled to the skirmish tick rate) but it doesn't require doing anything besides playing WvW to get them.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

11 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

armor
pvp 1749g - 231g for Mystic Clovers  = 1518g
wvw 2134g (525g for MoB) - 231g for Mystic Clovers  = 1903g
raid 1561g

conflux 1198g (306g for MoB) - 198g for Mystic Clovers = 1000g
coalesence 934g

Once the passively acquired clovers are accounted for the price difference is much less massive. The value of the clovers are basically worthless if you are not making a legendary but in this case they are 100% relevant.

The item that dominates the total cost is the value of the Memory of Battle but Memory of Battle is exclusive to WvW. Getting them might be slow(judging from their price and rate being shackled to the skirmish tick rate) but it doesn't require doing anything besides playing WvW to get them.

Are you forgetting about the account-bound time-gated currencies like Skirmish Tickets..?

13 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Oh, I totally agree, as I mentioned in an earlier post.  It was just specifically in the context of the rings, WvW is actually better off than basically everyone else.

Hardly means wvw is better off. Wvw still needs to make two of them, pve has the option for a raid one.

On the flip side accessories you get in pve, 2 by living story, and doing that gets you halfway through for the new amulet, 0 for wvw. Wvw is forced to get 3 pieces in pve, pve is forced to get 1 piece in wvw, , pve is basically better off than everyone else. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Are you forgetting about the account-bound time-gated currencies like Skirmish Tickets..?

Are you forgetting how those are obtained? Also everything involves account bound time gated currencies. Do Legendary Insights just show up on your account on their own?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How about still requiring people to play more than one mode to get full legendary and if they choose not to then they're still fine playing however they want? 😄 

This is a nice idea .

We can create an OW set  , where 3 pieces are easy to come by and for the rest 3 that are time consuming , they can choose other modes

• Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup and it works like it does now, so glad you like it.

Yeah , the only thing that we are missing s the OW set and  and for the last 3 gears , we can choose either the Raid-WvW-PvP format.

Or we can make it 3 OW gear  easy to get + 1 for each mode . And people in the future will try to "fully complete" one set for the style .

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

Just now, Woof.8246 said:

Yeah , the only thing that we are missing

Not missing anything, we have access through pve, pvp and wvw. Don't try to start this again 🤦‍♂️

You've said you like the idea about needing to play more modes to get full legendary, that's what it is now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not missing anything, we have access through pve, pvp and wvw. Don't try to start this again 🤦‍♂️

You've said you like the idea about needing to play more modes to get full legendary, that's what it is now.

Chill a bit , we are expanding your idea that people should in various modes  to get legendary gears .

There is nothing wrong with with creating an OW set and forcing people o get the 3 last gear from other modes  (just like rings-trickets).

Chill...

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Chill a bit , we are expanding your idea that people should in various modes  to get legendary gears .

I am pretty chill, just pointing out the obivous: what you've said is a good idea is already a thing in the game. What you want now (as well as well before this thread) is the opposite of what you've just agreed with. Nothing about that is "expanding on my idea", stop being dishonest.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I am pretty chill, just pointing out the obivous: what you've said is a good idea is already a thing in the game. What you want now (as well as well before this thread) is the opposite of what you've just agreed with. Nothing about that is "expanding on my idea", stop being dishonest.

Ah...

I said an OW set .

An "100 OW set" . Not-discontinued content ,  like raid included .

My mistake there for the wording , for not including this whole sentence

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

Ah...

I said an OW set .

An "100 OW set" . Not-discontinued content ,  like raid included .

My mistake there for the wording , for not including this whole sentence

I don't understand what you're saying and again -you're not "expanding on the idea" you agreed with here. Oh well.

If you're actually fine with getting legendary parts across the modes, you can/should already do it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't understand what you're saying and again -you're not "expanding on the idea" you agreed with here. Oh well.

If you're actually fine with getting legendary parts across the modes, you can/should already do it.

Yeah , there could be 4 sets :  OW/Raid  -- PvP   -- WvW  -- "100% OW set" . Not-discontinued content ,  like raid included . , and people can choose to get gear from various gamemodes .

Expaning your idea , where you said  there is not a need to implant more rings to WvW and people should go in other modes

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/122405-its-time-for-a-2nd-legendary-ring-obtainable-via-pvp-or-wvw/?do=findComment&comment=1772407

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

The only reason you want another set is to avoid playing other modes. That was not what I said and that's not what you agreed with is a good idea. Again, stop being dishonest. Nobody said anything about discontinued content, what are you even responding to with these seemingly random words?

2 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Expaning your idea : Where there is not a need to implant more rings to WvW and people should go in other modes

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/122405-its-time-for-a-2nd-legendary-ring-obtainable-via-pvp-or-wvw/?do=findComment&comment=1772407

Again, this is not "expanding" on what I said, this is going the opposite direction of what I said.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, ruikarikun.9402 said:

It's time to lower the cost of it and legendary armor.

Absurd non logical overpriced insane.

Mystic coin cost has been cut by more than 50% in the past 8 months.  That’s a huge drop in the cost of most items.  By itself, drastically reduced the cost of clovers.

• Like 2