ITS TIME FOR A 2ND LEGENDARY RING OBTAINABLE VIA PVP OR WVW

Hello,

There once was only one avenue for everyone to obtain a legendary amulet, and that was via PvP.  Along came EOD and non-PvP'ers rejoiced, because after years they were now able to obtain a legendary amulet without the need to engage in PvP.  I believe it is now time for a 2nd legendary ring obtainable via PvP or WvW for non-raiders.

I am an older player who is unable to devote the large blocks of time for gaming that a typical raid run requires; however, my schedule does permit for shorter intervals of gaming that PvP and WvW allows for (even if the end-goal then requires a commitment of several months, or years... ouch!).  Finally, I refuse to 'purchase' the raid legendary.   For these reasons, though I was able to obtain Transcendence and Conflux, it is proving nae impossible for me to obtain Coalescence

I applaud Anet for the decision to provide a means by which non-PvP'ers could complete their set of legendary trinkets, and would hope the same consideration could be given to those of us who are non-Raiders (whether by choice or circumstance).  Thanks!

Edited by suedetooth.3150
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

This is considered a bad option by some of us as Conflux is one of the most expensive items in the game, and making 2x Conflux is such a massive drain on your WvW resources that it literally forces you to play the other modes for anything else. I ended up having to do more than 80% of my armor in PvP because of this.

The PvE trinkets don't have this problem because they each have their own journey, only sharing a few resources. It'd be nice if a second ring was introduced to WvW ins a similar manner, or if one was added to PvP so you could at least do it alongside Conflux, the amulet and one of the backpieces.

More diversity in obtaining items is good for the game. Honestly, the amulet should've been a ring to begin with, as any cosmetic enrichments you slot in it don't even show up in PvP.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

You can craft two Conflux. 

This. I also recently found out that this was possible but there it is. Between PvE (Vision, Aurora and Prismatic Champion's Regalia) and WvW (Warbringer, Conflux, Conflux) you can get a full set of legendary trinkets without having to step foot in a single raid.

6 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I agree with this as well. Maybe they could make it obtainable with strike CMs?

Honestly, although I have PvE leggy armor and coalescence, I'd rather have a collection similar Vison/Aurora that brings with collections and various achievements that take place across Living World Season 6 (if it's called that?) and the maps of Cantha. I want some kind of story component to the quest tbh. I think getting a certain item from an EoD strike on normal mode may be fine, but honestly I don't really want to farm strike missions (I'm sure I'm not the only one).

I'd also like the ring to be the "finale" for the PvE stacking graphical set. If you have Aurora, Vision, Coalescence, and the new PvE ring, "the balls" go away and we get something like a "Spirit of Dragon" -- something like the Otter Enrichment. Maybe a bit brighter aura (I think the current 3 set color fits nice with the aurene amulet already) and a nice subtle weapon draw flash animation and then a saltspray dragon (or a few small ones?) that pops out once and a while like the otter. We can keep it in line with lore and just say they "hatched" from our universe balls/eggs... lol. Call the ring "Culmination," "Conjunction" or something like that. I think this would be something that pve completionists would even go for even if they decided to complete their trinket collection with the WvW ring already.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Honestly, although I have PvE leggy armor and coalescence, I'd rather have a collection similar Vison/Aurora that brings with collections and various achievements that take place across Living World Season 6 (if it's called that?) and the maps of Cantha. I want some kind of story component to the quest tbh. I think getting a certain item from an EoD strike on normal mode may be fine, but honestly I don't really want to farm strike missions (I'm sure I'm not the only one).

I'd also like the ring to be the "finale" for the PvE stacking graphical set. If you have Aurora, Vision, Coalescence, and the new PvE ring, "the balls" go away and we get something like a "Spirit of Dragon" -- something like the Otter Enrichment. Maybe a bit brighter aura (I think the current 3 set color fits nice with the aurene amulet already) and a nice subtle weapon draw flash animation and then a saltspray dragon (or a few small ones?) that pops out once and a while like the otter. We can keep it in line with lore and just say they "hatched" from our universe balls/eggs... lol. Call the ring "Culmination," "Conjunction" or something like that. I think this would be something that pve completionists would even go for even if they decided to complete their trinket collection with the WvW ring already.

Or it could be a Skritt themed ring with random effects that's called "Under Construction".

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

If anyone should be complaining it's the PVE people who have no ring at all or the raiders who can't get a second one, while PVP and WvW players can easily get 2.

You're kind of done dirty for getting your second via wvw as having 2 doesn't give you 2 of the glowing ball.

• Confused 1

I'd broaden the ask to just adding more of all trinkets to each game mode.  At a minimum, making it so that if you play at least two of the four main game types (WvW, PvP, Open World, Instanced) that you can get a full set.  The current system feels really arbitrary, and the PvP amulet in particularly feel pretty out of place, especially after the PvE one was added.

It would also make the various cosmetics more of a thing to go after if there was more of a range of options/combinations.  They apply to all characters, so they feel pretty lacking in variety with basically everyone just having a different number of floating balls hovering around their heads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

48 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'd broaden the ask to just adding more of all trinkets to each game mode.  At a minimum, making it so that if you play at least two of the four main game types (WvW, PvP, Open World, Instanced) that you can get a full set.  The current system feels really arbitrary, and the PvP amulet in particularly feel pretty out of place, especially after the PvE one was added.

It would also make the various cosmetics more of a thing to go after if there was more of a range of options/combinations.  They apply to all characters, so they feel pretty lacking in variety with basically everyone just having a different number of floating balls hovering around their heads.

And you can already do this except for 1 combination and that is spvp and pve.

So logicaly there should be added a spvp ring to make it equal I guess

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

And you can already do this except for 1 combination and that is spvp and pve.

So logicaly there should be added a spvp ring to make it equal I guess

I might be missing something, but I think this is false?  If you just play the competitive two, then you can't get accessories at all, and you have to duplicate a ring.  If you play instanced and WvW you can't get an amulet.  Any combination without WvW you miss a ring...

I think there might have been an argument way back in the day (pre-armoury, pre-Champions Regalia, and without duplicate Conflux being an option) for saying you can't get all trinkets without playing all modes,  but in the current setup the distribution doesn't do that, and is really unbalanced and lacking in options (both for gameplay choice and aesthetic).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I might be missing something, but I think this is false?  If you just play the competitive two, then you can't get accessories at all, and you have to duplicate a ring.  If you play instanced and WvW you can't get an amulet.  Any combination without WvW you miss a ring...

I think there might have been an argument way back in the day (pre-armoury, pre-Champions Regalia, and without duplicate Conflux being an option) for saying you can't get all trinkets without playing all modes,  but in the current setup the distribution doesn't do that, and is really unbalanced and lacking in options (both for gameplay choice and aesthetic).

Right totaly blanked on the accessories so yea it is still as viable to say play all modes to get all slot trinkets as it ever was then.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

It was rare enough that my wvw friends said there was none, good to know. Still think WvW players are being done dirty earning another legendary with a visual upgrade that rarely shows.

Raiders (and everyone else who doesn't do WvW a lot) get either one or zero rings.  Currently the only people actually get both rings are people who do both a lot of WvW and raids, and WvWers are second by being able to at least equip two rings of the same effect.

This definitely doesn't feel balanced for almost anyone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Raiders (and everyone else who doesn't do WvW a lot) get either one or zero rings.  Currently the only people actually get both rings are people who do both a lot of WvW and raids, and WvWers are second by being able to at least equip two rings of the same effect.

Most people that have coalescence have both. I personally have both and don't think it's that bad but i found a good group to run with when i was working on it. Your group makes or breaks wvw and the best ones are the guilds that try to do well but don't take themselves too seriously. 

I do understand some pve players are allergic to wvw and don't blame them. At the very least both pve and pvp/competitive players should have access to 2 visual upgrades and 2 rings imo. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

WvW'ers only get two rings.

Pve can get two accessories, one ring, and amulet.

Pvp gets an amulet.

So yeah not balanced at all, but certainly not in wvw favor.

At this point we should have legendary trinkets available in all slots in every area of the game. Gear we already have, and weapons maybe too, but that feels like it would be asking for too much for them to do...

Instead they're working on more legendary fluff skins...

• Like 2