Too much fluff in the roadmap

I too, am hoping for new content soon, but I have to defend Anet a bit here.

Take a look at the Icebrood Saga, and the lack of content in EoD: Do we really want to rush them again for content?

That the article is fluffed up is obvious and expected as well. Also remember a lot of people are new to the game. Them telling the (for us expected) festivals are returning is relevant for them. 

I prefer to give ArenaNet the time they need to ad quality content to a new season or to End of Dragons maps themselves (Who knows, maybe they are testing Griffon courses? One can hope lol)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Take a look at the Icebrood Saga, and the lack of content in EoD: Do we really want to rush them again for content?

I prefer to give ArenaNet the time they need to ad quality content to a new season or to End of Dragons maps themselves (Who knows, maybe they are testing Griffon courses? One can hope lol)

Often the same people demanding new contents fast are the same ones that critcizes contents as being "rushed". Makes total sense, right? And will be the same ones complaing about achievements being taking too long and being too grindy. They just want Fast, Unrushed and short contents...so, they can ask for more of the same a couple of months later.

No more Griffon courses!!! Just because I say so and sucks at them. Maybe Seige Turtle races that requires 2 players and has to destroy barriers and jump over obstacles with turtle skills to proceed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I prefer that they take a long time to launch Living World, as long as it comes out with quality.

In theory, yes.

In reality, however, they have to strike a balance between speed and quality to keep the players engaged. The player base is like a tide; it comes and goes. It usually takes 2 months for a new chapter to come out, and under 2 days to finish it (achievements aside). It might not be a lot of time for the developers but it is for the player. Those who've done all they could or wanted tend leave afterwards because there's nothing else to do (some only log in for the dailies). This usually correlates to a loss of profit as well, as a player that doesn't game, doesn't spend money either.

New content renews that interest, so the devs can't afford to go through long periods of "drought".

Edited by IvoryOwl.3275
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I mean, look at who did the OP…. 🤷

• Like 3

The roadmap is awful. Also no rework of LFG system neither before steam neither after is terrible. So idk what they dedicate the time to. Appart of making a few maps and some random conversations for story. Cos neither we have raids, fractals, pvp maps/modes and so on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

The roadmap is awful. Also no rework of LFG system neither before steam neither after is terrible. So idk what they dedicate the time to. Appart of making a few maps and some random conversations for story. Cos neither we have raids, fractals, pvp maps/modes and so on...

Well the lfg system is fine you just describe what you want and wait for it to be filled.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well the lfg system is fine you just describe what you want and wait for it to be filled.

The LFG has too many tabs like 85% are useless, its hard to use it, if you wanna see whats happening in tyria u need like 10 minutes scrolling all tabs and waiting their respective delays. For not talking about interface information. Worst LFG ive seen in an MMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/11/2022 at 3:29 AM, Valisha.8650 said:

I wouldn't call EoD-related living world season a "fluff".

That's exactly the point. You wouldn't. But to hard core players who play end game instanced content, the living world is just that. Everyone plays this game differently. Sometimes I think there are as many end games as there are players, and that's fine. The OP states that this everything they don't care about is fluff. And there are people out there who don't care about the living world.

I'm not one of them, I enjoy the living world, but the fact that any single person would or wouldn't call stuff fluff is exactly the point. The OP is saying the roadmap is all fluff, but it's not to those people who play a different game than she does.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I don’t understand.

EOD-related living world isn’t in the roadmap. 

It isnt. Neither raids, fractals, pvp maps/modes, neither important rework needed for LFG or other stuff. Neither other new content. Just a wvw beta after 300 ages, and living world s1 return, okay... at this pace until 2.030 we dont get something meaningful. 

I really dont understand or either they dont have barely devs, or they just dont use their time properly. Cos the pace of development cant be more slow or directly abandonning most of the content and not reworking anything important.

And people calling about "rushing content", what content? IBS was abandonned, EoD isnt the best polished xpac or with proper content (and it was delayed). Now we are not getting lws6 or any of the other stuff. Do they have 10 ppl working at the game?

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

54 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

at this pace until 2.030 we dont get something meaningful.

Just because it's not on the immediate roadmap until the end of 2022, doesn't mean they're not working on new contents. Maybe they're just not ready to announce anything yet. Hopefully, there's new contents planned for early next year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Just because it's not on the immediate roadmap until the end of 2022, doesn't mean they're not working on new contents. Maybe they're just not ready to announce anything yet. Hopefully, there's new contents planned for early next year.

Yea like march at the earliest.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I dont mind festivals being on the roadmap, i think its cool. I think lws1 return is cool too, but that was already content made that is just being polished a bit and reroll back. 

But the excuses of we are in the pre-develop of an expansion and stuff like that doesnt work for me. Cos in Gw1 expansions bringed dungeons/fractals etc.. new pvp modes or maps for existing ones, new type of fresh content. So our expansions just brings 4 new maps with some events, and some story that you do in 1 week. 

Its hard to be commited to a game that doesnt provide anyway to get you engaged, cos the content they make is fast eat and leave. And they mostly abanddon all other content, or either take years to make something.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 4

Players look for fresh new engaging things.

I don't think anyone (bar a few) wanted a new (and one upcoming) expansion without any wow factor. HoT maps and gliding were a wow thing. PoF mounts were a wow thing. It is up to the individual interpretation whether EoD had any wow factor. Ditto for whatever is next.

If there is a lack of fresh content, that just means they aren't investing a sufficient % of their profits into game development.

There is no way to know unless we know the headcounts for the relevant departments. We knew previously that there were 3 teams working concurrently (at a staggered stage of progress) on episodes. Were these teams downsized or reassigned? If yes, then we have the answer for the future of gw2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I mean... yes, there's fluff, but everyone realistically knew up front that Anet would not be delivering new content (apart from the LW1 strike mission) for the remainder of 2022.

There's 2 festivals lasting a total of 7-8 weeks; there's ongoing balance patches, events, etc.

The only thing I am hoping Anet are doing is making sure they are 100% ready to deliver NEW content very early in 2023; Living World Season 6 had better start late January, after Wintersday goes away. Sure, they're going to cram in Lunar New Year sometime February, but do not let S6 drag on and not arrive until end of Q1 2023 - then they're just stretching the player base's patience very thin.

• Like 1

Gw1 has festivals every year too bro. They are cool (even tho i prefer the pvp minigames of the original). But thats not content lol. With the amount of money gw2 is making this year and half past year, im really amazed at the low effort put into pushing quality new content out and marketing. 

So we have to hope on xpac no? that is just gonna be another 4 maps and story to do in 1-2 weeks

PD: And again, any new or returning player that joins the game and opens the LFG will just not play anymore. And we still have 0 news if we getting a rework for it.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Gw1 has festivals every year too bro. They are cool (even tho i prefer the pvp minigames of the original). But thats not content lol. With the amount of money gw2 is making this year and half past year, im really amazed at the low effort put into pushing quality new content out and marketing. 

So we have to hope on xpac no? that is just gonna be another 4 maps and story to do in 1-2 weeks

PD: And again, any new or returning player that joins the game and opens the LFG will just not play anymore. And we still have 0 news if we getting a rework for it.

Consinder that they have not even given a hint that lfg is a problem we aint getting a rework for it no matter how many threads you jump into and complain about it.

And if you think living world season 1 episodes are just some polish and then push out.

It must be new content to you since if you played it you would know how much they have to change to make it into the episode format.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2