Warning: Lunar Maned Skyscale bugged and won't be reimbursed

Lamp.9261

A warning to not buy Lunar Maned Skyscale until ArenaNet announces a fix. It has a rather glaring graphical bug and after some back and forth with ArenaNet, they decided to not reimburse the purchase in any way and told me to just wait for a fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah they explained that, my wish was to be reimbursed the gems I spent. At least some of them. Since I personally won't use this mount as long as it's glitched. It was a long shot, but worth a shot, having my Lunar boi rotting away in the wardrobe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I saw one other post about this issue, with this specific skin. I've updated drivers, tried with both DX9 and DX11, repaired game, closed all addons/other programs. CS didn't mention any other user end solutions, so I don't think that's it.

Edited by Lamp.9261
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

They did not say they were fixing it, they say wait for a fix and that can arrive 1 day after the game close down for all we know.

This.

We are dealing with (probably) the only industry where a company can knowingly falsely advertise a broken product, refuse to refund purchase price to customers unhappy with the delivered broken product, and be defended by their customers for this action.

Question (I am not at home) Is the item still in the store, presented as looking a certain way, while having the different, bugged, appearance in game?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 9
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They did not say they were fixing it, they say wait for a fix and that can arrive 1 day after the game close down for all we know.

Thanks for the correction.  I guess I misunderstood.  It's quite a loud glitch, so for some it must ruin immersion.  I did not buy it (maybe it was included with the bundled game).  Here's hoping they do fix it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, it's not a universal bug. I have used my Lunar Maned Skyscale about 2 hours ago and it was perfectly fine. The only problem I keep having with it is that it won't always spawn immediately when I summon it, so my character sits and rises in the air without moving, or the skyscale appears rigid with flat, outstretched wings. It's similar to the problem mounts had in the beginning, that it was low on the list on graphics/models to be loaded. But at least it still looks the way it's supposed to and the problem fixes itself in a few seconds. The graphics bug in this thread is far more annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Well, it's not a universal bug. I have used my Lunar Maned Skyscale about 2 hours ago and it was perfectly fine. The only problem I keep having with it is that it won't always spawn immediately when I summon it, so my character sits and rises in the air without moving, or the skyscale appears rigid with flat, outstretched wings. It's similar to the problem mounts had in the beginning, that it was low on the list on graphics/models to be loaded. But at least it still looks the way it's supposed to and the problem fixes itself in a few seconds. The graphics bug in this thread is far more annoying.

Yeah that bug is super annoying and happens with the latest Auspicious skin release too. I had to swap back to the default skin so currently it's a waste of gems.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Question (I am not at home) Is the item still in the store, presented as looking a certain way, while having the different, bugged, appearance in game?

Yep. Very good point, actually.

Edited by Lamp.9261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

They can't lock an item that's already been unlocked on the account, thus no refund. 

It is somewhat insane to me, a database administrator and engineer, that one would design a database that doesn't support this...

How and why would one do such a thing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

It is somewhat insane to me, a database administrator and engineer, that one would design a database that doesn't support this...

How and why would one do such a thing?

So that your game's support can refuse refunds with "we can't do that" maybe?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1