AED

Bast.7253

I wanted to write a lenghty explanation about the use of this heal skill, and how to play around it, but I realised halfway through, that 90% of the info should be common sense, so I'll just toss in my 2 cents:

- If the Engineer uses the skill preemtively/early, apply low pressure, while being on the defensive (kite los cc, whatever floats your boat). Damage down, but don't kill your enemy. In this case, AED times out, and you are up against an enemy, with 5k HP.
- If the Engineer uses it last moment, take note, and next time keep a hard cc/daze, or poison, for this occasion, to kill the Engi before the cast, or hinder its healing.

I really have nothing else to add. Good luck, and have fun, in the mists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've played with AED for quite a while before during my P/P build. It's extremely strong against conditions, not so much against conscious power users.

I do believe that there is a lot of positive to the skill and it should be checked somewhere, the duration does feel a little too high and gives a lot of free real estate to the user while it's active.

If it was of me, I'd lower the base duration to 4 seconds and the traited to 6 seconds.

The skill is strong but not stupid strong, with how the game works right now I think this is just an Infuse Light case where durations of the effects are the issue and not the function.

This is an exclusively PvP/WvW opinion.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:03 PM, Zuko.7132 said:

I think the skill is fine except for the 5 second duration. That’s too long of a period of time where you can’t counter pressure. Make it 3 seconds.

lol no. the whole gimmick of the skill is that the engi need FATAL damage for it to trigger. 

good players damage the engi to near death, then they stop damaging till it runs out and then proceeds to kill.

u can counter pressure fine, just dont kill. then kite for the last sec's and u have set the engi up for an easy kill

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pengu.7481 said:

lol no. the whole gimmick of the skill is that the engi need FATAL damage for it to trigger. 

good players damage the engi to near death, then they stop damaging till it runs out and then proceeds to kill.

u can counter pressure fine, just dont kill. then kite for the last sec's and u have set the engi up for an easy kill

That's the idea behind it but in many situations they have plenty sustain to make up for the fact that you didn't give them their full heal for at least a few times.

+ The fact condition users can't stow their damage.

8 seconds when traited is 8 seconds where opponents are unable to do anything but use CC's if they have any and having to blow those is already pretty big.

Now to imagine if CC's had their full damage again, that would be extremely obnoxious.

The effective time is clearly a lingering idea that never has been accounted for anything else in a while since it existed and should be now, they may also fix the casting feeling slower than intended but AED last time I played even against good players wasn't underperforming.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

This thread is a joke. The absolute definition of an 2LP problem. 

On the other hand, if we could get AED nerfed, that would be really funny. So I mean... skill too good, thats bad! It heals! A lots! REEEEEE! Please delete! Big thumbs up on OP!

You know it.

It's engi heal skill , it supposed to be that strong.

• Confused 4

Man what is it with all these people trying to get engi nerfed lately? And they all seem to be so insanely ill-informed as well. I know the nonehotbuild guy is a troll, but this guy isn't far from it. I guess all the necro and bladesworn shitters are salty their 1 finger build got nerfed recently huh xd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Man what is it with all these people trying to get engi nerfed lately? And they all seem to be so insanely ill-informed as well. I know the nonehotbuild guy is a troll, but this guy isn't far from it. I guess all the necro and bladesworn shitters are salty their 1 finger build got nerfed recently huh xd

Yeah, this is the most frustrating for me as well. At least read what a skill does on the wiki before complaining about nerfing it, please. So many people call for nerfs and then later on you notice while they discuss it that they have no clue what the skill in question even does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, pbalint.1607 said:

It heals 12k, which is not full health.

Why do you not read the wiki first?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A.E.D.

A comparable skill for untamed is perilous gift:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perilous_Gift

You *cannot die* for 3s, meaning you can tank any amount of damage, then you heal for 1/3 of your max hp, which is at least 6k, but can go as high as 10k if you have 30k max hp.

It also gives you stability or superspeed (you can choose by unleashing yourself or your pet)

If perilous gift is balanced, then so is A.E.D

12k heal 24 CD is not op enough?

Is there have 30k HP untamed?

• Confused 4

On 11/4/2022 at 2:39 PM, pbalint.1607 said:

You are changing the subject: earlier you said, it was *full heal*...

Also, it's not OP, since it's tied to a condition and does not protect you from being bursted down in teamfights.

Condi builds usually have high hp

The ting is, AED too good, and engi have too many skill/trait  overpowered , it AED work on some squishy like elementalist won't work as well as engineer.

• Confused 3

The fact that you write that elementalist is squishy immediately tells me you just want to camp fire/lightning, cause you want to DPS all the time!

Elementalist (but all classes, really) is supposed to change attunements based on the situation: go earth/water with protection/reflection when you are focused and dps when someone else is.

You have a serious L2P issue there, mate...

On 11/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Can easily bypassed if not attacking. Then it only heals slowly. There are other things that are worse. The ones that heal on every hit taken - for the time of the buff.

Can anything catch this?

A noob holo walk around  .... fight off point ...11111111111... ez gg 

AED is completely broken.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, pbalint.1607 said:

The fact that you write that elementalist is squishy immediately tells me you just want to camp fire/lightning, cause you want to DPS all the time!

Elementalist (but all classes, really) is supposed to change attunements based on the situation: go earth/water with protection/reflection when you are focused and dps when someone else is.

You have a serious L2P issue there, mate...

You most take Earth Shield to be a  elementalist.

A build most have 100% Reflect time to counter engi.

There has nothing wrong, whole meta was been shave by a zero sill class.

• Confused 1

On 11/9/2022 at 1:56 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

You most take Earth Shield to be a  elementalist.

A build most have 100% Reflect time to counter engi.

There has nothing wrong, whole meta was been shave by a zero sill class.

Actually your right None... it's been proven that engi's are completely unbeatable unless you have 100% reflect up time.   It is actually the only time one has ever been beaten.   Your eye for spotting the real problems in this game and your unwavering lack of bias across all classes, never ceases to inspire me with its objective outlook.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Haha 3

On 11/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Can easily bypassed if not attacking. Then it only heals slowly. There are other things that are worse. The ones that heal on every hit taken - for the time of the buff.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Not all of skill can stop, something well/Elementals pet,  AED will be ez to trigger.

AED will be a no risk, high reward healing skill for engi when a right match up . 

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:40 PM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Not all of skill can stop, something well/Elementals pet,  AED will be ez to trigger.

AED will be a no risk, high reward healing skill for engi when a right match up . 

I feel like if your build is so automatic you literally can't stop outputting damage for the AED window,  you  deserve to trigger it and reset that fight. 

We'll call it the autocombo tax.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts" or "Discussing Moderation Decisions or Policy"
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

November 29, balance patch have zero touch AED, the most OP heal skill.
For this, I think people have short-term memory on it.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

AED, the most OP heal skill.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_of_Promise

I claim that this is the strongest one actually 😄

just look at this BS.... PvE basehealing = 4800....  PvP basehealing?  7000!!! WHY NOT! ohhh and 1k regen ontop.... 8k basehealing! yeah why not! oh thats not enough? HERE TAKE 3 STACKS OF POISON ONTOP!  what? still not satisfied! fk it! it also crits you for 3k... with Carrionamulet.....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

AED in a vacuum isn't that bad compared to the other essentially invulnerability granting skills. AED is horrible when you're doing continous insanely high burst damage and have 8 seconds to do it unabated while outspeeding your opponent. It punishes you for fighting back with healing the majority of the engineer's life and stunning you and it punishes you for not fighting back by receiving the onslaught while giving time for CCs to reset in the interim. Its like POF mirage torment and confusion conundrum again. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by Dr Meta.3158
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Can anything catch this?

So... you watched this video here and decided that the holo was only hitting 1?  Also that he was having an easy time of getting chased all over the map?    That's what you got out of it?

Did you not notice that he can't get into the middle of team fights,   when he side nodes he has to run away when a second shows up.  He's constantly running from the dead eye as soon as it targets him.   His AED is usually only giving him the minimal heal.   At 6 min, when he's getting pounded it pops 12 k and instantly vanishes... the only thing that saves him is his rocket boots and running away.   If he hadn't poored all his utilities into defence he would have died there regardless of AED.

Essentially all of his utilities are defensive... a shield, rocket boots, and slick shoes.  Even then He has one stun break so a good stun there and he'd be done.   The rifle he's using is now nerfed.

Do you find that the tradeoffs he has to make to run this build are really non-existent?   Can't you see the play style and very situational purpose that this build is used for?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Can anything catch this?

You know what NHBT... if you think this build is "easy" "GG" to play.  Take a video of yourself being effective at combat and using it.  I mean you can't possibly die right, cause AED is so powerful.  What could go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1