WVW achievement for BETA STILL BROKEN [Merged]

come on ... its still bugged  .. the counter wont even budge .. 

seriously maybe just fixed and get us the wvw alliance launched .. thanks for being nice and thoughtful to reward us with that beta cheevo ... but dun stress and load urself with these .... save that little time and get us the real alliance ... instead of a festival alliance 

cheers keep up the good work and iron out the alliance pls 

The achievement needs to be fixed to show progress, give us tiers, make it repeatable...ect...Anet bugs 101.  Sure it will get fixed in a patch "soon".  From some of what I have heard the "objectives" need to be towers or higher, nothing official I don't think.

yep, the achievement is still bugged after the patch. can confirm myself since i just did way more captures than just the 5 i would need for the achievement.

It is weird anyways: It´s an achievement, that needs 5 captures/defends to progress, but it has just one objective to complete, so you couldn´t even track progress with it. Just the way the achievement is displayed already implies that it isn´t implemented properly.

• Thanks 2

Nothing in this beta is new for the players (no alliance interface), same bawked matchmaking as in the last one.
The participation reward just doesn't exist from the beginning, and when that gets fixed it still doesn't work.

Amazing... smh

Edited by Solstice.5790

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Someone posted a screenshot of a completed achievement.  Does it work for some players? 

Sort of...

I got it last night on an alt-account (Heroic Edition) on US after running around in a Zerg for around two hours mostly on the same map. That account didn't participate in the beta before. However I can't use the weapon choice token at all (that account doesn't have a level 80 character yet).

On my main account (all expansions & LW) on EU, that maxed out diamond chests before the fix, I ran around in another Zerg hopping between maps for about three hours doing dailies and other stuff, but didn't get it.

So far my suspicion is that you have to do the beta achievement either on a specific map or all parts on the same map to trigger it, assuming that there isn't a bug that affects which server you are playing on.

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847

a different player from our squad a few hours ago just completed it today. In the timeframe he completed it, i was always with him, so we both theoretically did the exact same progress, despite him getting achievement and skin, while i didn´t. 

From what is written in other threads, the players that DID get rewarded the achievement seem to fall into either one or both of the following categories: 

1. they did not play any WvW before the world restructuring beta started AND until the Hotfix for the achievement was released (first login AFTER that patch)
2. these playes do NOT have all non-repeatable achievements related to capturing or defending objectives completed.

I myself fall into the category, that has done both, played WvW before the patch AND completed all non-repeatable achievements related to objectives, and did NOT get the achievement. 

So from what i´ve expierienced so far, it is related to non-repeatable achievements for objectives, and you are locked out if you already have completed those AND/OR if you played before the hotfix dropped. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Custodio.6134 said:

From what is written in other threads, the players that DID get rewarded the achievement seem to fall into either one or both of the following categories: 

1. they did not play any WvW before the world restructuring beta started AND until the Hotfix for the achievement was released (first login AFTER that patch)
2. these playes do NOT have all non-repeatable achievements related to capturing or defending objectives completed.

I myself fall into the category, that has done both, played WvW before the patch AND completed all non-repeatable achievements related to objectives, and did NOT get the achievement. 

Probably both. I don't have all the non-repetable achives completed and this one achive is not completing for me.

• Like 1