You removed tradeoffs from the other classes so give mirage back its second dodge, and daredevil swipe back to 1200 range

Crab Fear.8623

Yes give me the following on drd : 

- 1.2k unblockable steal with immob ; 

- 25 stacks of confusion with impact strike ; 

- 2015 initiative and channeled vigor ; 

- Total initiative recharge on a successful heartseeker ; 

- 4 dodges and stealth on dodge by default on daredevil trait line. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Just like The Prestige, then. Which means you wouldn't be able to activate it in the midst of other actions.

They can set a rule for the mirage cloak dodge skill to not activate if hard cc. 

The nature of Cloak is different from dodge, what dodge can you do other than that at the same time as another non instant skill?

It's nit some insurmountable issue that can't be rectified.

Bur going back to the old way is not acceptable.

2 dodges, no dodge on cc...it was already completely and analytically reasoned why this was bad design from the start....mirage even had 1 second dodges back then, and you could set to break stuns and get channels lol....it's not healthy.

I know they can change the nature of the skill because you can't channel exterior object while using it.

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

They can set a rule for the mirage cloak dodge skill to not activate if hard cc.

Except they can't, which is what I've been saying the whole time (unless, again, they rewrite very old stuff, which is dangerous). Some dev actually confirmed this, years ago, in the GW2 reddit, when the subject was brought up. Then maybe they changed their mind since then, they could start rewriting those things with the new leadership, who knows, but that's the reason why mesmer is able to dodge even during CC; they were aware of the issue, but they had to roll with it due to technical reasons.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Except they can't, which is what I've been saying the whole time (unless, again, they rewrite very old stuff, which is dangerous). Some dev actually confirmed this, years ago, in the GW2 reddit, when the subject was brought up.

If you are going to use a dev as an authority, please link the quote or it has no value.

Based on the changes to using channel, after release, I'm under the impression they can make it work.

But also under the impression mirages don't want it to.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

If you are going to use a dev as an authority, please link the quote or it has no value.

No 😎

Jokes aside, I'm not gonna dig up some a reddit comment from years ago (and god knows which developer that was, I think it was Ben P but there's like 4 of them if they didn't multiply since then) just to get internet points on the forum. That's what the dev said back then, you may like it or not but it won't change a thing.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You're unironically bad if you can't see the value of interrupting a block -stab be damned- so that the team can secure an otherwise impossible kill.

Except, you can just save your steal for after the block ends, and secure the kill anyway. Not to mention, not even a lot of block out there rn, its mostly exactly chronobunker ... where there are like 5 other skills that are way more important to interrupt.

5 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Except, you can just save your steal for after the block ends, and secure the kill anyway. Not to mention, not even a lot of block out there rn, its mostly exactly chronobunker ... where there are like 5 other skills that are way more important to interrupt.

Yeah, we live in a world where vindicators and catalysts and virtuosos don't block, or guardians with their healing skill, yeah, no blocks. Chronobunker doesn't have anything important to interrupt anyway other than the shield block... and maybe well of precog if you're fast enough. Anything else is either instacast or goes on 2.6s cd, so they won't care all that much about being rupted.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Except they can't, which is what I've been saying the whole time (unless, again, they rewrite very old stuff, which is dangerous). Some dev actually confirmed this, years ago, in the GW2 reddit, when the subject was brought up. Then maybe they changed their mind since then, they could start rewriting those things with the new leadership, who knows, but that's the reason why mesmer is able to dodge even during CC; they were aware of the issue, but they had to roll with it due to technical reasons.

Dunno if this is accurate or not, but... I'm way past having a good faith attitude with this company(which means I am going to take this as fact). I wonder how they even deliver (or will deliver) reworks at this point. Is there really nobody working there who understands the old code anymore?

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Dunno if this is accurate or not, but... I'm way past having a good faith attitude with this company(which means I am going to take this as fact). I wonder how they even deliver (or will deliver) reworks at this point. Is there really nobody working there who understands the old code anymore?

If I was a betting boy I'd say desert distortion gets removed and\or distortion on signet cast gets removed. Hopefully both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, we live in a world where vindicators and catalysts and virtuosos don't block, or guardians with their healing skill, yeah, no blocks. Chronobunker doesn't have anything important to interrupt anyway other than the shield block... and maybe well of precog if you're fast enough. Anything else is either instacast or goes on 2.6s cd, so they won't care all that much about being rupted.

The blocks Cata has only block one attack each. So you can just steal into them if you want to get rid of that block. Well I guess there is Fortified Earth, since people are on that now, but I'd rather interrupt a million other things. Vindicator is just not very common. Virtuoso even less so. None of the good Guardian builds are on Shelter. 

Chronobunker very much so has plenty to interupt. Literally all of it's wells? Gravity Well is a pretty big one, or the heal well.

8 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

The blocks Cata has only block one attack each. So you can just steal into them if you want to get rid of that block. Well I guess there is Fortified Earth, since people are on that now, but I'd rather interrupt a million other things. Vindicator is just not very common. Virtuoso even less so. None of the good Guardian builds are on Shelter. 

Chronobunker very much so has plenty to interupt. Literally all of it's wells? Gravity Well is a pretty big one, or the heal well.

Rupting fortified earth is big big value -stop blocking, remove the stab, no 2.5k barrier, full cd- and vindicators are all over the place.
As for grav well, with improved alac it goes on 2.6s cd so... if you think you have to use steal when headshot does the same... your call, I guess....

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

On 10/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Yea, by not working when stunned, launched, pushed, ect. then it will be balanced

If they did this,  not only could mirage have their second dodge back but they could have some damage back too. The power of retroactively fixing mistakes whenever you want is too strong for people to pass up though. 

On 11/3/2022 at 10:17 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I would rather interrupt someone with no aegis from 1200 away than get in range of most of their skills to turn off blocks that in most cases prevent the user from acting and can be waited out anyway. 

debatable.

i like having the ability to get people out of their blocks, while i rarely miss the 1200 range.  Why do you need 600 range more, when your literally the god of stealth and repositioning.

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

debatable.

i like having the ability to get people out of their blocks, while i rarely miss the 1200 range.  Why do you need 600 range more, when your literally the god of stealth and repositioning.

because 

On 11/3/2022 at 5:17 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

blocks

can be waited out anyway. 

Stealth and repositioning aren't as useful as surprise appearances and being able to catch people deciding to run without burning skills to get within 1200 distance, especially in conquest, to me. the situations where I would -really, really- want to interrupt a block and not the skill that comes after are very very limited. 

Like, almost limited exclusively to shelter.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

he is so delusional he things interrupting 3s block as daredevil is a waste of swipe.
he and people like him were the reason why thief could singlehandedly decide games outcome for so long 😄

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:55 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

it's not. But Swipe is, and Bountiful Theft rips stability + aegis before everything else, creating the strongest interrupt tools in the game; instacast ranged daze, bypassing LoS, that also removes stability and aegis.

Mantra being a 1200 range instant cast aoe daze wich adds 15s or so to any CD w trait would compete w thiefs steal if mirage had not a potato sustain. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:44 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

debatable.

Cuz it allows you to get faster and easier kills and not to be as predictable as you are when you need to be at 600 range to use steal.