This game mode is beyond dead

Bast.7253

5 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Since I like to play unranked, I see a lot ranked stuff there recently. Including wintrading and match manipulation. In unranked. This is weird.

Weird... maybe they're just practicing for tournaments and ranked season to get good at it 😉

11 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Since I like to play unranked, I see a lot ranked stuff there recently. Including wintrading and match manipulation. In unranked. This is weird.

I've also noticed some strangely suspicious behavior in unranked lately. I don't know if I'd call it win trading, but it's definitely purposeful throw-griefing. Like an unusual amount of stupid sh** going on in unranked.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I've also noticed some strangely suspicious behavior in unranked lately. I don't know if I'd call it win trading, but it's definitely purposeful throw-griefing. Like an unusual amount of stupid sh** going on in unranked.

Premade to protect against throw griefing.

It's not win trading, there's no rewards.

The stupid sh** is people having fun but not necessarily trying all that hard to win, occasionally encountering people practicing for MaT because that's the only place they can practice. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

57 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Premade to protect against throw griefing.

It's not win trading, there's no rewards.

The stupid sh** is people having fun but not necessarily trying all that hard to win, occasionally encountering people practicing for MaT because that's the only place they can practice. 

I mean, how is it practice though? The vast majority of people they'll encounter in unranked will be significantly below the people they face in AT's. 

Then again I tried maybe 3 AT's and couldn't stomach them as they were all spec stacking, on discord, and complete stomps. Pretty sure one game in foefire was 600+ to 20. I don't even know how we got 20 points. lol 

You'd think with the same people playing this game mode and being on the leaderboards for YEARS there wouldn't really be anything to practice. It's not like you're going to run into new players as the majority of new players probably step foot in these unranked matches and log out to reinstall whatever they were playing before. 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Sad coz this mode has one of the best if not the best PvP and combat mechanics. Thanks to the former employees. I really do hope the mode makes a comeback. 

Hard to believe, since devs seem to listen the most to ppl that profit the most of game being in this state

• Thanks 2

There isn't any confirmation about a GW3 yet. It's a project with no label that is being made with unreal engine.

Could be anything.

~ edit

Well actually, it says this about it: "Perhaps long overdue, ArenaNet recently posted a few job listings hiring for a new “unannounced project.” While using the Unreal Engine 5 is definitely not a surprise, the said project is further described as “an established online fantasy IP.”

This ^ makes me think that it is a GW3.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 3

On 11/8/2022 at 7:44 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Sad coz this mode has one of the best if not the best PvP and combat mechanics. Thanks to the former employees. I really do hope the mode makes a comeback. 

Not going to happen with the current leadership.

GW3 will be a mobile + PC cross platform Genshin clone.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1