Downstate is a PVE feature, remove it from PVP

Crab Fear.8623

Downstate is a pve mechanic. If you die - you die. Remove it from pvp.

Rotating is a pve mechanic. If you q for pvp - go fight and not run around. Remove it from pvp.

Differend builds is a pve mechanic. Everyone should be exactly the same. Remove it from pvp.

And now:

On 11/13/2022 at 6:26 AM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

3 braincells is all it takes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:26 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

It has no balanced place in the game mode, any monkey with 3 braincells could determine this, and I am truly shocked Anet hasn't.

It makes the game more toxic because your teammates can literally grief you by dying.

Example: You lose a 2vs1 because your teammate "helping" you rallies them both by coming in and instantly dying while you're mid 2vs1 for 3m+.

It has no place in a pug vs pug pvp game.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NotFound.7813 said:

And? Downed skills form part of class identity still lmao

You are downed about to die, no.

This shouldnt be a thing at all.

If the pro-downstate crowd can't concede this, we know they ask to keep it because it is unfair, and imbalanced.

Keep downstate, but only throw dirt, and bandage?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Downstate is a pve mechanic. If you die - you die. Remove it from pvp.

Rotating is a pve mechanic. If you q for pvp - go fight and not run around. Remove it from pvp.

Differend builds is a pve mechanic. Everyone should be exactly the same. Remove it from pvp.

And now:

You are confusing tactics, builds...with mechanics.

Yes, 3 brain cells...

On 11/12/2022 at 10:26 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

It has no balanced place in the game mode, any monkey with 3 braincells could determine this, and I am truly shocked Anet hasn't.

I apparently only have 2 brain cells.  🙂

To be honest I don't really get the hate for downstate.  I think in this burst insta-port meta it slows it down a little.  In a team fight you can't just instant stealth away and be utter glass when you nuke someone.  You've got to engage to make sure the down gets dead.   It allows for some exciting clutch hero plays.   It lets you bait poor bastards into trying to revive their friends so that you can then nuke the whole group of them together.    I mean maybe the specific mechanics can be changed a bit, but in general the idea adds a dimension to the game that I don't dislike.    It is a bit of a drag to slowly bleed out.  So perhaps a, "you can't kill me, I kill myself" suicide button would be beneficial.   🙂

2 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I apparently only have 2 brain cells.  🙂

To be honest I don't really get the hate for downstate.  I think in this burst insta-port meta it slows it down a little.  In a team fight you can't just instant stealth away and be utter glass when you nuke someone.  You've got to engage to make sure the down gets dead.   It allows for some exciting clutch hero plays.   It lets you bait poor bastards into trying to revive their friends so that you can then nuke the whole group of them together.    I mean maybe the specific mechanics can be changed a bit, but in general the idea adds a dimension to the game that I don't dislike.    It is a bit of a drag to slowly bleed out.  So perhaps a, "you can't kill me, I kill myself" suicide button would be beneficial.   🙂

I would be more okay with it if downstate was homogenized, simply to satisfy the purpose of what pro-downstaters are promoting.

Also, the skills shouldn't benefit from traits.

One downstate skillbar for all.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

You are downed about to die, no.

This shouldnt be a thing at all.

If the pro-downstate crowd can't concede this, we know they ask to keep it because it is unfair, and imbalanced.

Keep downstate, but only throw dirt, and bandage?

Why not standarizing wep skills for all classes? 

#makeGw2Balancedagain

You want to keep your unique wep skills cuz it makes your main class OP and you want it to remain that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

NO! This gonna delete elementalist.

they call that "pick a random reason cause they don't like your posts"

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:32 AM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I would be more okay with it if downstate was homogenized, simply to satisfy the purpose of what pro-downstaters are promoting.

Also, the skills shouldn't benefit from traits.

One downstate skillbar for all.

some are absolutely useless i.e. rev, some classes' down state are overly OP i.e. necro, especially mechanist's downstate is just off the scale, 2 interrupts and a mech continuously dishing out massive damage. I remember that time at skyhammer we had 3 people downstated a mechanist on mid, the mech then downstated all of us in a single shot, and dishing out massive damage to kill one of us off to get the rally and finished us off.

what Anet should change down state to
Skill 1: Throw Rock, flat pdps, cannot interact with any trait.
Skill 2: Tip, an interrupt.
Skill 3: Bandage
all pets and summons should go into passive mode while the master is in downstate

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 2

I dont mind downstate, but maybe the class identity for downstate be removed for a generic, all class inclusive downstate.

Several professions (Ranger especially) have what I think are unfair design mechanics.

Also, if you go into downstate, your minions/ summons/ mech should disappear. Its weird they can double dip into the damage pool.

• Like 2

I support the idea of not having a down state. That encourages different roles in the team. In lower leagues and Unranked matches nobody plays support. Because we all know there's that stupid rally and revive by other players.  It also forces you to think more creative, with no downstate. I'm looking at you Necro, Warrior, Guardian, Ranger specs that can do a big burst of damage and can literally flip the duel in their favor. And that shouldn't be possible at all! At the very least, down state should be equal across all specs, no favoritism, and should not include CC skills. At best, you should be able to crawl to a safer spot and bleed out while you hope for a team revive. Rally shouldn't even be a thing in PVP. I may be preaching to the quire but Rally is a major PVP imbalance. Say the players in the other team don't come all at once but one after another, and I down them all but the last one, catches me with all my skills on CD and half HP. In the meantime the downed players, which I couldn't finish off because I was busy fighting back the players coming to get me, can still peel my HP. So the last player comes in, gets a cheesy kill and all other players get back up with half the hitpoints. Where is the balance in that??? None, whatsoever.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:54 AM, pukish.5784 said:

Downstate is the most exciting thing in GW2. If your decision making is not fast, and make mistakes,

Elementalist:

*just lays the same  firefield on your downed body everytime and you inevitably melt*  

Downstate is endurable... but its far from the most exciting thing in gw2.....

some professions will jsut clear a downstate with ease... and others struggle....  some peoples downstate is hella op... and some people just lay there and throw rocks.... 

Edited by Sahne.6950