Plush Mount skins

Mia.6043

The plush griffon skin was introduced in 2020 and the plush raptor in 2021 so maybe we'll get another one this Wintersday.

3 hours ago, Crini.3985 said:

Hmm skimmer plush would be something weird but yeah, we need the full set of plushies

It would be weird, but maybe they could do another type of toy, maybe a wooden one like the toy soldiers and ventari.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Crini.3985 said:

Hmm skimmer plush would be something weird but yeah, we need the full set of plushies

It would be a giant fluffy pancake maybe and I would love it! 
I am sure they're making more plush/toy mounts. They've been making a lot of novelty items lately, seems like it would be something they'd be making now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

I hope not.

Plush skins is a crime against coherent visual design and style of the game.

Well the original plush griffons have been in the game since the first Wintersday. The mounts could have the same explaination: they're golems with an unusual cover.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Couldn't care less about plushy mounts. But if they do decide to complete the set, then complete all the sets, like the Lithosol, Aurene Prismatic, Bioluminescent, Alloyed, Darkmist, Geode, Kintsugi, Luminous, Oceanic, Primeval and Sand skins. And not just with Canthan base designs but the old base designs. With the release of EoD they seem to have switched largely to Canthan design mounts, so I get the feeling those will be the ones we get from now on. It fits ANet's tendency to move on and leave something unfinished behind.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well the original plush griffons have been in the game since the first Wintersday. The mounts could have the same explaination: they're golems with an unusual cover.

Exactly, assume they're watchwork with plushy outers.  I love hopping around the griffon during the festival.  It's a charming mount, and thematically correct for Wintersday.  Personally not as fond of the raptor but I do appreciate that other players enjoy them.  

• Like 4

I'd like to expand this idea to:

Complete all the sets.  I enjoy having complete sets of stuff, and it allows me to have a character with consistent theming (as in the armors, weapons, and mounts are all the same theme).

Would just be a nice thing to have in the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Other than the 5-packs Anet has never said the similar mount skins are sets, or that they're planning to make matching skins for all the mounts so I'm not expecting complete sets for all of them, but there's some I am hoping for. I'd really like a primeval warclaw, skyscale and turtle (especially the warclaw) and if they made more shiverpeaks mounts I'd certainly consider them. Oh, and a branded turtle too.

But there's no guartentee any of those will happen. I think the only way to have a complete set of 'themed' mounts is to go for a fairly basic theme like 'fire' or 'stripes'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, Hindenburg.3415 said:

I hope not.

Plush skins is a crime against coherent visual design and style of the game.

Could you explain your position please.  The plush version of the griffon has been part of the game since shortly after it started.  Magic exists in this world, so plush mounts are entirely possible.  I don't see the inconsistancy, what are you seeing that I am not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plush_Griffon

They're enemies in Tixx's Infinirarium, the mount is just a bigger version of the same thing. Like the other animated toys they're asuran golems made of unusual materials (according to Tixx locally sourced from each of the major cities).

Thanks for that.  I didn't know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Other than the 5-packs Anet has never said the similar mount skins are sets, or that they're planning to make matching skins for all the mounts so I'm not expecting complete sets for all of them, but there's some I am hoping for. I'd really like a primeval warclaw, skyscale and turtle (especially the warclaw) and if they made more shiverpeaks mounts I'd certainly consider them. Oh, and a branded turtle too.

But there's no guartentee any of those will happen. I think the only way to have a complete set of 'themed' mounts is to go for a fairly basic theme like 'fire' or 'stripes'.

Anet didn't need to say it because it is obvious. The similar naming of similar themed mounts is pretty clear. And throughout the years, with all the adoption license sets they've released, they've added more mounts of similar themes and introduced new themed skins. And they're still doing it, as evidenced by the new Aurene's Prismatic Noble skin for the skyscale, the Luminous turtle skin, the Darkmist Vulpine, etc. I don't see how this hasn't been obvious for years now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Viria.1680 said:

The cuckoo is cute, but I was hoping for a bunny. What's more, since they're going to cycle through the mounts before revisiting any it means there's no chance of a plush bunny for *years* if at all.

bnuuy 😞

Like you, I would rather have a stuffed springer.  I'm kind of surprised by the choice.  Nothing wrong with it, it's just not what I was wanting.