This game has a huge focus on fashion, but no way to save appearance templates?

Aodlop.1907

World of Warcraft has a way for you to save outfits and looks so you can re-use them later with a simple click.

It also has a built-in preview of every skin available to your class, as well as indications on how to get them.

Now, I'm not here to say that World of Warcraft is a better game or anything like that, but these little QoL features really enhance the experience for those who enjoying customizing the appearance of their characters.

WoW keeps stealing GW2 features. Can't we return the favour for once?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I believe this is one of those things that's been asked for many times and I think should have been implemented a long time ago. A "Saved Styles" list within the wardrobe tab that shows all of your saved appearances with dyes for a given weight class, with the option to mass apply and consuming X amount of transmutation charges. Don't know if it'll ever happen at this point though.

• Like 8

SWTOR has a similar system where you can save, I think, up to 16 look templates and rotate between them with a simple click. This one I would like.

GW2 does have a wardrobe tab as part of your bank, but it's not as versatile as the one you describe; it would be nice but this one would not be high on my priority list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

as well as indications on how to get them

ANet has the minigame: Play the Wiki for that :s

2 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

built-in preview of every skin available to your class

That should be handled like dyes or outfits here. You can see whats missing and preview them in game. Weapon and Armor however not.

When it comes to templates, even GW1 was better :s

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

That should be handled like dyes or outfits here. You can see whats missing and preview them in game. Weapon and Armor however not.

You can preview weapon and armour skins you don't own, but you need to use the wardrobe tab at the bank, not the one in the hero panel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I believe this is one of those things that's been asked for many times and I think should have been implemented a long time ago. A "Saved Styles" list within the wardrobe tab that shows all of your saved appearances with dyes for a given weight class, with the option to mass apply and consuming X amount of transmutation charges. Don't know if it'll ever happen at this point though.

We can't even have different visibility toggles or glider/mount skins associated with each template because they're equipment templates and not fashion templates.  It'd really be nice if they redesigned this to separate those systems, but knowing ANet they'd just make it an excuse to make their convoluted template system even more expensive.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure it is though...

The way that particular bullet point is worded, I'd understand it as a rule against putting the exact same topic in multiple categories - make a thread about "Kale deserves a bigger model!" and post it under General Discussions, Lore, and Bug Reporting.

I get the rules are made vague on (not merely malicious) purpose, but I won't go around reporting Kharmin for non-constructive posts just because it's objectively justified. (S)he's demonstrated many times that the ideas (s)he brings to the table are for the most part worth considering, and random bans "help" exactly nobody.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

The way that particular bullet point is worded, I'd understand it as a rule against putting the exact same topic in multiple categories - make a thread about "Kale deserves a bigger model!" and post it under General Discussions, Lore, and Bug Reporting.

So you think it would be ok to do as soon as you change few words in the title or opening post? Because then it's not exactly the same. It's still about the same thing and logically that seems to be the main point here.

Also to create an exact copy of a thread with it's OP, it would probably need to come from the same person -and in this case why would it be mentioned to "please use the “Search” feature" right in the same point sentence? Doesn't make much sense if it's really about what you think it is, does it?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Per forum moderator:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123925-poll-the-quest-for-the-skyscale-the-long-and-grindy-road/page/2/#comment-1794494

Edit: And yes I know this applies to me as well bet felt maybe some here needed a reminder of what the moderator posted a while back.  🙂

That would be ironic, getting a suspension for constantly spamming "SEARCH THE FORUMS, MAKING DUPLICATE THREADS IS AGAINST THE COC"

Also, i have to laugh at implying that doing the same thing over and over again with no change in results is insanity when that's exactly what our resident "please search the forums" poster does.

On topic: OP, that would be nice, but it's not going to happen unless they can monetize it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you think it would be ok to do as soon as you change few words in the title or opening post? Because then it's not exactly the same. It's still about the same thing and logically that seems to be the main point here.

Certainly not, that's why I can understand why the rules have to be vague to a certain extent, and a measure of trust put into moderators as acting in good faith for the health of both the conversation in question and the forum as a whole.
Makes me wonder if an official Discord server wouldn't greatly complement the more static nature of forums.

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Also to create an exact copy of a thread with it's OP, it would probably need to come from the same person -and in this case why would it be mentioned to "please use the “Search” feature" right in the same point sentence? Doesn't make much sense if it's really about what you think it is, does it?

Yeah, good point, disregarded that part.
Sounds like an unfortunate attempt to merge Duplicates and Cross-posting into a single rule even though they're two very different things, but You're right, wouldn't put my hand in the fire for that one.

• Confused 1

On 11/27/2022 at 11:28 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

They couldn't even implement a proper equipment template system, so forget about saving looks.

Honestly. If they implemented something like this I'd expect it to be even more heavily monetized than the existing system simply because fashion is the endgame here. Would not be interested in this in the form Anet would unfortunately create

• Like 1
  • Confused 1