World Restructuring Beta #6 Begins Tomorrow

Stonemist.4680

• ArenaNet Staff

Greetings from the Mists!

The sixth Beta event for WvW World Restructuring begins tomorrow at the WvW weekly reset. Participation in this beta event will allow you to earn achievements and unlock War Machine weapon skins. The Call of War bonus will be active during this event.

To participate, you must select your preferred WvW guild through the guild menu prior to midnight tonight. 

This Event ends at the next WvW weekly reset on December 9th.

Edited by Stonemist.4680
Correcting data point.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• ArenaNet Staff

Selecting a Team won't have any impact unless you have not played WvW recently. Even then, it won't apply until after the beta begins and any selection made prior to that will be discarded. We found this issue yesterday be decided not to delay the beta for it. Work is being done to prevent it from being a problem going forward.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, LART.3748 said:

Edge of the Mist map is very lonelly, why you dont restructurate for GvG rewarded battles? think about it 😃 and thx for the updates !  we apreciate your hard work! ❤️ 

EOTM ZERG FIGHTS and GvG are the super secret meta environment. +2

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonemist.4680 said:

Selecting a Team won't have any impact unless you have not played WvW recently. Even then, it won't apply until after the beta begins and any selection made prior to that will be discarded. We found this issue yesterday be decided not to delay the beta for it. Work is being done to prevent it from being a problem going forward.

Thank you for the response

Do you think this is the way to make the announcement of WvW beta? last time you even sent a mail ingame to avoid people from having issues, or to plan a bit. For today there is no official announcement, not even on announcement forums, not even a pinned post in WvW forum. And on top of that just the day before.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted so late. I can't even get the "commitment" bonus for the beta (7 ticks remaining, I'll need 9 at best).

Btw this bonus should be reverted to what it was at release : play 3 weeks with your world (or alliance, after restructuring) and get it permanently until you switch again.

In the current form, it's paradoxically an anti-incentive (the exact opposite of what you tried to do) to play wvw for all people like me who don't play it exclusively and hop in it for a weekend or a few hours when they feel like it. I think of going wvw and then I remember that I don't have it, so playing wvw would feel like unoptimized the whole time, or even like missing out ... so I just procrastinate to another week, when I might or might not be in wvw mood, not to mention that it'll probably be the same again (no wood, no buff). I literally stayed out of wvw for months at a time simply due to this bad mechanic. At this point I mostly play it only when I plan it a week (or at least a few days) early and purposely get a wood chest in anticipation. And I only plan a week early when call of the mists is announced. You can figure it, I don't play that much wvw in the end (yet I'm mithril on 2 separate accounts so it's not like I'm a pveboy who hates the mode !!).
Let's be clear, I don't *aim* to play wvw just for rewards. But the way "commitment" is designed and its psychological effect end up making it that way. And making me play wvw a LOT less than I would otherwise.

... to think I originally carefully obtained the "3 weeks in a row" permanent pip so that I could later play wvw at will. And it was then promptly replaced with the current version 😞

5 minutes ago, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

Posted so late. I can't even get the "commitment" bonus for the beta (7 ticks remaining, I'll need 9 at best).

Btw this bonus should be reverted to what it was at release : play 3 weeks with your world (or alliance, after restructuring) and get it permanently until you switch again.

In the current form, it's paradoxically an anti-incentive (the exact opposite of what you tried to do) to play wvw for all people like me who don't play it exclusively and hop in it for a weekend or a few hours when they feel like it. I think of going wvw and then I remember that I don't have it, so playing wvw would feel like unoptimized the whole time, or even like missing out ... so I just procrastinate to another week, when I might or might not be in wvw mood, not to mention that it'll probably be the same again (no wood, no buff). I literally stayed out of wvw for months at a time simply due to this bad mechanic. At this point I mostly play it only when I plan it a week (or at least a few days) early and purposely get a wood chest in anticipation. And I only plan a week early when call of the mists is announced. You can figure it, I don't play that much wvw in the end (yet I'm mithril on 2 separate accounts so it's not like I'm a pveboy who hates the mode !!).
Let's be clear, I don't *aim* to play wvw just for rewards. But the way "commitment" is designed and its psychological effect end up making it that way. And making me play wvw a LOT less than I would otherwise.

... to think I originally carefully obtained the "3 weeks in a row" permanent pip so that I could later play wvw at will. And it was then promptly replaced with the current version 😞

Are you referring to the extra "Commitment" pip you get from completing the Wood division the previous week?  I'm confused what your post has to do with World Restructuring.

• Like 1

Yes I'm refering to that.

I has no DIRECT link to world restructuring. The 2 indirect links that made me talk about that are (1) the world restructuring beta that is announced right here is announced late so I can't get wood done in time, which is frustrating. (2) If (and that's a big IF) Anet decided to revert that pip to its original design, it would indeed impact world restructuring, as "playing with your current alliance" would have to replace "playing on your current world" for the 3 weeks requirement.

Edited by Eowin Of Rohan.2619
wording

2 minutes ago, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

(1) the world restructuring beta that is announced right here is announced late so I can't get wood done in time, which is frustrating.

AFAIK the alliance beta kicks off at the same time as reset again (as it always has).

If you couldn't complete the Wood tier this week then that's not a problem introduced by having the beta. You weren't going to complete in either way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eowin Of Rohan.2619 said:

(1) the world restructuring beta that is announced right here is announced late so I can't get wood done in time, which is frustrating. (2) If (and that's a big IF) Anet decided to revert that pip to its original design, it would indeed impact world restructuring, as "playing with your current alliance" would have to replace "playing on your current world" for the 3 weeks requirement.

I still don't understand what beta has to do with completing wood division.  The beta starts at reset and you need to finish before reset whether there's a beta or not.

And why are you worrying about the original 3 week thing when it's not a factor at all?  It's like worrying about the danger a falling object poses to the life of a baby whose mother isn't even pregnant or married yet (folk tale reference).  Let's concern ourselves with actual things.

• Like 1