Care To Explain?

Bluefirewolf.8960

https://imgur.com/uXuZgXr

https://imgur.com/VJRTW4N

I'm pretty sure this alliance thing was to stop this from happening but look...red and green are working together.. and LOOK. THE SAME GUILD ON TWO DIFFRENT SERVERS. look ive played for 9 years going on 10. i dont complain really ever about gw2 i praise it as one of the best games i have ever played that i will never stop playing. but you are doing this. to stop this stuff from happening...and its not making a diffrence. its the same. thing. THE SAME THING. it hasnt changed. at all. servers are still working together. and now. its easier because they can just move guilds when they want. and get servers to work together. this is failing miserably. you say you listen, so please listen. look at the posts. look at the evidence. its not. working

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

9 hours ago, Bluefirewolf.8960 said:

LOOK. THE SAME GUILD ON TWO DIFFRENT SERVERS.

WHAT?! BUT THIS HAS NEVER EVER BEFORE HAPPENED IN THE ENTIRE LIFETIME OF GW2!!!

I guess everyone is too eager to return to last week, where no one ever complained about anything especially not Magumma or unbalanced matchups.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I guess everyone is too eager to return to last week, where no one ever complained about anything especially not Magumma or unbalanced matchups.

Dawdler, play nice. ikr, not a Mag thread that's worth noting. I know it was free ball in the air waiting to be spiked but...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bluefirewolf.8960 said:

https://imgur.com/uXuZgXr

https://imgur.com/VJRTW4N

I'm pretty sure this alliance thing was to stop this from happening but look...red and green are working together.. and LOOK. THE SAME GUILD ON TWO DIFFRENT SERVERS. look ive played for 9 years going on 10. i dont complain really ever about gw2 i praise it as one of the best games i have ever played that i will never stop playing. but you are doing this. to stop this stuff from happening...and its not making a diffrence. its the same. thing. THE SAME THING. it hasnt changed. at all. servers are still working together. and now. its easier because they can just move guilds when they want. and get servers to work together. this is failing miserably. you say you listen, so please listen. look at the posts. look at the evidence. its not. working

There is logic in place to keep guilds together but there are also bugs that split people and no logic that prevents people from choosing other WvW guilds as primary and then allowing them to rep their main guild after the sort. Add to that bugs and other unknown factors and randomness might be in the air. Keep sharing what you see since some might be bugs and other might be people finding exploits, we need details on both.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

57 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

12 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Dawdler, play nice. ikr, not a Mag thread that's worth noting. I know it was free ball in the air waiting to be spiked but...

\

ohhhhh so if its not mag doing there thing. then it shouldn't be mentioned? i think ill do what the other guy said and keep posting because if its only one group doing it they aren't gonna care plus all the game ever does it complain about mag.  oh no my mount bugged....it was mag..oh no my strike mission failed. it was mag. literally yall blame mag for everything. im here posting other groups other then mag so they can actually see its a serious problem or that other groups are doing it and its not just a bunch of kids. complaining about one singular group. as always. so check yo self

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Bluefirewolf.8960 said:

\

ohhhhh so if its not mag doing there thing. then it shouldn't be mentioned? i think ill do what the other guy said and keep posting because if its only one group doing it they aren't gonna care plus all the game ever does it complain about mag.  oh no my mount bugged....it was mag..oh no my strike mission failed. it was mag. literally yall blame mag for everything. im here posting other groups other then mag so they can actually see its a serious problem or that other groups are doing it and its not just a bunch of kids. complaining about one singular group. as always. so check yo self

🙂 So mind outlining your issue? Because right now I have no idea what you referred to?

I know Dawdler to be smart, witty, snarky and a cynic and quick to poke an issue with sarcasm even if it encourages others like me to say WTW how did you get there!? I was joking them on the normal Mag threads. So please share what is the issue you want to convey. Right now you seem to point out a bug that split a guild up. If that is not it, what is it?

• Confused 2

You are making mountains out of mole hills here.

In reality many members of any particular guild were just not on during the week leading up to the 2-3 day period they had to select a guild.  As such, they were placed on random worlds, or worlds linked to an incorrect guild.

The way the guild system works you can rep w/e guild you want.  For better, or for worse.  If people really wanted to collude to do something nefarious, wouldn't they just not rep the same guild so that you don't know? 

Being on the wrong server from your main guild, and repping said guild, is like asking to be killed by your own guild.

4 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

This reminds me of one in-game discussion where I mentioned "Alliance won't fix population balance. It only shifts the point of failure from individual servers to the guilds."

This is incorrect though. It absolutely will fix population imbalance. The point of failure shifts from population to skill. Obviously a server with more organized or coordinated guilds will outpace a pug server, but the populations will be equal.

These posts of people complaining about alliances having population imbalance fail to realize that the population is balanced over the course of the matchup, but not at any given point. People play at different times, causing there to be periods where one server has more people than the other. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Some of our guildies got put on the opposite team (their fault). Its been fun killing them and sieging their bodies. The discord coms are hilarious.

Same happened with several of the players in my main WvW guild. Although they did everything right, before the deadline, they were still put on a different team in the same match up. When we've run across them, sometimes we've waved at each other, or jumped up and down together, other times it's been a deathmatch, with the loser getting sieged and/or caked. It's been fun and yeah, the Discord chatter has been hilarious.

• Like 1

The Maguuma server in the video game Guild Wars 2 is full of furries for several reasons.

First, the server's ruling monarch, King Felix, is a furry himself. As the leader of the server, he has likely created a welcoming environment for other furries to flock to. This includes creating opportunities for furries to connect and form their own communities within the server.

Additionally, the fact that King Felix is married to Fastcar, also known as Fastchad, suggests that the server has a strong and thriving furry community. The presence of a happily married furry couple in positions of power likely encourages other furries to join the server and feel accepted and supported.

Furthermore, the server's unique location in the Maguuma Jungle likely attracts furries who are drawn to the lush, tropical environment. The jungle setting provides ample opportunity for furries to roleplay and express their love for nature and animals.

In conclusion, the Maguuma server in Guild Wars 2 is full of furries due to the supportive and accepting environment created by King Felix and Fastcar, as well as the server's unique location in the Maguuma Jungle. These factors have likely contributed to the growth of a thriving furry community within the server.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine a game that simulates a perpetual battlefield having 3 sides where 2 sides sometimes work together. We've all done it and been on the receiving end. Imagine espionage and subterfuge playing a role in a simulated war. Imagine groups having mismatched strengths and weaknesses over timezones or having weaker/stronger combatants.

Imagine coordinated, compd groups doing well and others struggling.

It's almost as if this simulated battlefield reflects exactly what it's intended to reflect.

The community really has to stop complaining about change. Spend 5 years complaining about the lack of change and then as soon as there are any changes, start complaining about that. Adapt to change, try something different.

This forum is almost exclusively people complaining. Just stop. If i were dev at this point I wouldnt be too excited to give the people new content if they just whinge when anything happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Floz.8904 said:

Imagine a game that simulates a perpetual battlefield having 3 sides where 2 sides sometimes work together. We've all done it and been on the receiving end. Imagine espionage and subterfuge playing a role in a simulated war. Imagine groups having mismatched strengths and weaknesses over timezones or having weaker/stronger combatants.

Imagine coordinated, compd groups doing well and others struggling.

It's almost as if this simulated battlefield reflects exactly what it's intended to reflect.

The community really has to stop complaining about change. Spend 5 years complaining about the lack of change and then as soon as there are any changes, start complaining about that. Adapt to change, try something different.

This forum is almost exclusively people complaining. Just stop. If i were dev at this point I wouldnt be too excited to give the people new content if they just whinge when anything happens.

Careful else you will be labelled as a white knight. These things exist, but the rest of us are too dumb to let ANet speak or not for themselves. Instead quite often we are idiots trying to figure out what went wrong and try and filter thru rant threads to figure out if there were bugs. If in doubt side with idiots, because the smarter role would be let them rant. But as seen in the past, if you don't counter reply sometimes that's taken as group think and ANet goes with everyone is good with it so do it! Welcome to the Guild of (WAIDT). Why Am I Doing This!  is backed by Pharma companies that provide high blood pressure meds and look to support peeps asking WTW, Why?

tl; dr/non snarky version:The WR system is one issue that players will abuse. So far, not sure it can't be. It will create even more imbalance between casual and non and between organized versus not. Servers have already sorted out between those but this system will allow an expansion of that. The most organized will rule top placements in their tier because they will handle coverage. Until Anet covers coverage that self-built Alliances that cover that will be in the best position to control placement.

Well it was obvious Alliances would incentivise multiserver gaming since the matchmaking takes into account your playing hours.

If you want to outnumber enemies, just gather 500 players with 2 accounts and split them into 2 different alliances, then play with 1 first 2 months, and another next 2 months. Proceed to have 500 man advantage each alliance linking, possibly even 1000 if you face the linking you just stopped playing at.

It is just a flawed system. Full statuses with single servers had some openings, but at least using them ment playing against other servers that used those flaws. So it was somewhat fair matchmaking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yah lately he is always using that remark to flame "blah blah blah... this has never happened in my 10 years/entire life of GW2... blah blah blah" Do you have to be so sarcastic all the time, Dawdler? As if you are the only person who played GW2 since launch 🙄

He used to be nice and funny. The recent events in WvW has finally broke him I guess. And don't bother with another sarcasm, save it for others. You just made it to my ignore list. Gratz!

Edited by MintyMin.2718