Elementalist.

Chewy Komeiji.2576

Going to guess it's been weeks or months since any of you actually set foot in WvW.

Everyone and their aunt is rolling an Ele if they didn't have one already, just to stick Cele stats on it and then repeat the same DPS rotation without reacting to literally anything thrown at them, because they don't have to.

Both Catalyst and Tempest are completely busted right now, taking a group of three players of equal skill to their own to kill solo.

God forbid you find them in a group, because all of their ludicrously overtuned heals and boons are also AOE.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

And because what I play is oh so very important: Power Virt, Marauder/Dragon's mix, Eagle runes.

I can and have won 1v1, sometimes 1v2 against every other spec. Elementalist, I've only beaten when they've been Weaver... or running Berserker's. And there is a fundamental problem with balance, class design, or both for that to be happening.

Even if my skill were the issue, the fact that I can come out on top against literally anything else and the only problem is those two specs indicates one of two things: either those specs are overtuned, or literally everyone playing them is a super leet pro gamer.

Forgive me if I have doubts as to the likelihood of the latter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chewy Komeiji.2576 said:

Even if my skill were the issue, the fact that I can come out on top against literally anything else and the only problem is those two specs indicates one of two things: either those specs are overtuned, or literally everyone playing them is a super leet pro gamer.

Forgive me if I have doubts as to the likelihood of the latter.

Or you might be missing the obvious third thing - your build isnt particularly good against them.

Btw if you had beaten them, that means virtuosi is hideously OP since it beats everyone else by your logic of class beating another to be OP. So you got that going for you, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or you might be missing the obvious third thing - your build isnt particularly good against them.

Btw if you had beaten them, that means virtuosi is hideously OP since it beats everyone else by your logic of class beating another to be OP. So you got that going for you, I guess.

I don't think Dragon's Tooth just hitting me through Distortion a few minutes ago is an intended feature.

It's broken and needs to be fixed. Full stop.

And if I beat everyone else 100% of the time and so did every other Virt with a halfway decent build, yes, you'd be making the same argument I am. But then you'd have to use normal people logic and not insane troll logic to argue against me, and we can't have that, can we?

Edited by Chewy Komeiji.2576
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Chewy Komeiji.2576 said:

Going to guess it's been weeks or months since any of you actually set foot in WvW.

Everyone and their aunt is rolling an Ele if they didn't have one already, just to stick Cele stats on it and then repeat the same DPS rotation without reacting to literally anything thrown at them, because they don't have to.

Both Catalyst and Tempest are completely busted right now, taking a group of three players of equal skill to their own to kill solo.

God forbid you find them in a group, because all of their ludicrously overtuned heals and boons are also AOE.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't celestial or any specific spec/profession that is killing you.

-redacted mic drop comment because it was mean-

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Chewy Komeiji.2576 said:

I don't think Dragon's Tooth just hitting me through Distortion a few minutes ago is an intended feature.

It's broken and needs to be fixed. Full stop.

And if I beat everyone else 100% of the time and so did every other Virt with a halfway decent build, yes, you'd be making the same argument I am. But then you'd have to use normal people logic and not insane troll logic to argue against me, and we can't have that, can we?

I DIED SO NERF IT

I SHOULD ALWAYS WIN I AM THE VIDEO GAME BOY

btw, someone already made your thread so this is a duplicate.

see: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/125075-issue-ele-getting-attention-for-once-not-acceptable-nerf-asap

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Literally Piken Square have roaming groups of just multiple cele eles running around now.

Last week was Underworld with a Catalyst or Tempest in every group of three and most groups of one.

Definitely balanced. No reason the only roamers are thousands of eles and random condi trapper builds now.

No reason you barely even see thieves anymore.

None. I'm just imagining it. Making it up.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't celestial or any specific spec/profession that is killing you.

What is killing you is being bad at the game

Nice video, I really enjoyed 3:03 how Virtuoso just rammed 6 condies from 1 skill, truly balanced.
Actually kinda funny to see Virtuoso to complain about Ele, as if they're not busted in WvW.

• Like 2

Adding concentration and expertise to celestial was a giant mistake, and even more of a giant dumb mistake by not adjusting the values to include those, making this stat set way over budget compared to everything else. There's obviously some classes that take advantage of all stats, and elementalist is the top of the list, since the beginning of the game.

3 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

What is killing you is being bad at the game

Or, you just showed how overloaded ele's are with defenses and mobility skills/traits, while still dishing out that amount of damage, (granted it actually requires more skill/knowledge/rotation than all the other classes, which you showed), but celestial, the biggest stat boost set in the game, just amplifies that immensely, even bad players can get a decent defensive boost out of it imagine what it does for a good player.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Or, you just showed how overloaded ele's are with defenses and mobility skills/traits, while still dishing out that amount of damage,

I had less than 1600 armour, you could sneeze on me and I'd die. If most of those players in the video had played more respectfully (meaning: not expecting me to just lean over and die, and taking their time/not just going for a quick gank) they would've won. Most of the rest of my comment is directed in general, not to you personally, but feel free to reply to any of it ofc.

As an ele if you're good it's because you're broken and if you're bad it's because you're broken. Elementalist is simultaneously "unplayable!! too difficult!! how does anyone do this???" and also "So easy/easy mode, broken unbalanced". It's almost as if it's just like all of the other classes,  except we do twice as many things to get half the result while soulbeast + necro + engi + guardian just get to exist in endless loop of free wins.

Like obviously ele is as overtuned as everything else is, but this is the kind of criticism that imo no one gets to make until they've demonstrated that they can do it themselves first. Easy to complain about but who else is doing it? I can guarentee you there aren't "swarms of cele eles dominating the borderlands" like people would have you believe in this thread. There are next to no eles in WvW and when you do see one they're either montage fodder/terrible or running much more than just celestial because they're unkillable bunkers who do little damage or only condi damage.

People forget that traits are so much more important than stats. Take a full cele catalyst, put one on arcane/fire/catalyst and the other on air/fire/catalyst. The arcane build will be the one people call "nearly unkillable broken bunker" while the air build will be the one people sneeze at and it dies instantly unless the catalyst does nearly everything 90% perfectly in "rotations" (rotations don't actually exist on these builds) that are completely foreign to the average player.

Are bunker trait+stat combo players a problem? For sure. For every class. Ele is very challenging to a lot of newer players, so you can see why you'll run into more bunker eles because it's basically training wheels.

Scoff at them like you would a full cele lifeforce core necro and move on with your day like I do. I don't bother fighting anything that tanky, and if they're faster than you then they're probably not on some boring bunker build after all

• Like 1

Just now, Gehenna.3625 said:

Which only a few classes have.

2 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

You just need two simple tricks to beat an ele:

boon strip or boon corruption.

You just need one simple trick to beat a thief while playing ele.

Reveals

Spoiler

good luck xD

also are we just going to forget about every other profession/spec that is equally kittenous in the boon department. it's pretty much all of them.

but you know

it's an ele problem clearly

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

You just need one simple trick to beat a thief while playing ele.

Reveals

Reveal hidden contents

good luck xD

also are we just going to forget about every other profession/spec that is equally kittenous in the boon department. it's pretty much all of them.

but you know

it's an ele problem clearly

Well, I play a class that doesn't have boon stripping (DH) and I really like this class, so I play it, but I don't really have an answer for thieves or catalysts. Thieves because they have way too much access to stealth and mobility and well, recently I don't have an answer for catalysts cause I can hold out for a little bit but no matter what I try I just can't seem to do much or any damage to them.

But I just don't even get a chance to damage them it feels like. So maybe it's just because I'm not a very good player, but with most other classes I feel like I at least have a chance. Catalysts not so much. So if you have any tips of how to penetrate their defenses without having boon stripping/corruption, I'd like to learn.

17 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

I had less than 1600 armour, you could sneeze on me and I'd die. If most of those players in the video had played more respectfully (meaning: not expecting me to just lean over and die, and taking their time/not just going for a quick gank) they would've won. 

I mean that goes for any class running zerk mara assassin etc, but do they have the same amount of defenses to rotate/compensate? taking no damage is better than taking some over time. Ele's have a good number of defenses including immunes to rotate and be able to sustain without even needing toughness. This builds into them sustaining well to the point that the opponent needs to get lucky with their burst or read your moves with a fine tooth comb to see the opening for it.

Not that I'm complaining about the player, if you have the skill and you play it well to perform that well, good on you, ele's are a very high skillbase class. I do think they have access to a little bit too much of everything all at once, but I haven't really thought about nerfing them for anything specifically, just point out some stuff like the cc's, just the extra boost they get off celestial, which also helps a lot of other specs overperform.

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well, I play a class that doesn't have boon stripping (DH) and I really like this class, so I play it, but I don't really have an answer for thieves or catalysts. Thieves because they have way too much access to stealth and mobility and well, recently I don't have an answer for catalysts cause I can hold out for a little bit but no matter what I try I just can't seem to do much or any damage to them.

But I just don't even get a chance to damage them it feels like. So maybe it's just because I'm not a very good player, but with most other classes I feel like I at least have a chance. Catalysts not so much. So if you have any tips of how to penetrate their defenses without having boon stripping/corruption, I'd like to learn.

Play as an "willbill" willbender and be a better d/d ele from 2012. Not all classes are good at small group fights or roaming i am not even sure if the game is balanced around the ideal of smaller groups for wvw. Your best bet vs an catalyst is going to be stacking hard cc not just 1. Ele runs out of steam fast out side of its rotation and if you simply with into there rotation you going to be ground down (the good eles can change there rotation but only some what the bad ele cant).

I widely disagree with the maker of this but i must make one point if you see a thf you comply missed the point of why ppl play thf.