damage is out of control

Eddie.9143

2 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

title. fights dont last, skill doesnt matter, whoever lands first burst wins

Depends on the build m8. The Damage is indeed on the higher side right now, but gw2 is all about completly avoiding this damage with active abilitys, dodging, yada yada.

If you want longlasting snoozefests, just pick a pepega invuln build.

Dont play a glasscannon expecting to be a tank.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Depends on the build m8. The Damage is indeed on the higher side right now, but gw2 is all about completly avoiding this damage with active abilitys, dodging, yada yada.

Yeah except ele, which is pretty much immune to dying with scepter doing all of your hp 50 times in one second.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I thought GW2 is supposed to be about team play and focusing targets together rather than chaining i-frames between own burst.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I thought GW2 is supposed to be about team play and focusing targets together rather than chaining i-frames between own burst.

Thats so 2014, lol.

sadly spamming invulns/block/evades is what alot of the classes have devolved to.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Thats so 2014, lol.

sadly spamming invulns/block/evades is what alot of the classes have devolved to.

Personaly for me, whole "modern sPvP" in GW2 is huge step back compared to GW1, where every class had its identity and role on roster. Now everyone is trying to do the same just with different animations. There is close to 0 focus on teamplay for majority of time. I guess it would be completly unthinkable to have someone on team dedicated to perma cripple melees and immobilze them to disable/make and do some interrupting as well them easy for each group focus (hello GW1 Ranger) in 2022,  because game isn't promoting that with such huge focus on boring 1v1 in team based game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

title. fights dont last, skill doesnt matter, whoever lands first burst wins

I'm playing the glassiest s**t out there on pretty much all professions... and my fights do last against decent opponents. I juke their burst, they juke/facetank/outsustain mine, and we repeat this several times before the dance is over. But then a newbie runs into our fight, gets instagibbed and complains on the forum.

L2P issue. 

Also the damage is indeed higher lately, but that's a good thing. As long as bruiser/bunker builds cannot get oneshot, we're fine.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is evidence for the case study that global damage nerfs dont work. People will just accept whatever damage they can now take before turning to ash as the new norm and consider it too fast. 

On 1/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Glass vs Glass should be a who failed to juke first match.

Quickdraw Glass is what keeps my heart beating in PvP, without the adrenaline I'll die Anet PLS 

On 1/6/2023 at 3:37 AM, Morwath.9817 said:

The dev team saw you post this, kept eye contact with you the whole time they were developing virtuoso, put it in the game, then walked backwards out of the room, maintaining eye contact the whole time.

Then they came back and gave it distortion. Still maintaining eye contact. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This is evidence for the case study that global damage nerfs dont work. People will just accept whatever damage they can now take before turning to ash as the new norm and consider it too fast. 

Quickdraw Glass is what keeps my heart beating in PvP, without the adrenaline I'll die Anet PLS 

The dev team saw you post this, kept eye contact with you the whole time they were developing virtuoso, put it in the game, then walked backwards out of the room, maintaining eye contact the whole time.

Then they came back and gave it distortion. Still maintaining eye contact. 

Glass vs Glass is a rollercoaster ride of exhilaration.

• Like 1

PvP is actually fun for once.

It strikes a good balance where things actually die, but you don't explode unless you misplay, get outnumbered by multiple glassy builds  or play glass yourself. 

If damage goes back down to feb 2020 levels, it's time for another 2 year+ haitus from the game. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 3:14 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

I'm playing power chrono mesmer, and I'm a glass cannon. I admit that, but I'm not doing glass cannon damage. It's not fair because I have to ramp up clones in order to do damage. Can someone explain how this is even remotely viable in pvp? I'm only good when I'm paired with decent players who know how to peel.

4 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I'm playing power chrono mesmer, and I'm a glass cannon. I admit that, but I'm not doing glass cannon damage. It's not fair because I have to ramp up clones in order to do damage. Can someone explain how this is even remotely viable in pvp? I'm only good when I'm paired with decent players who know how to peel.

You need the right build and distance for mesmer ( closer make self shatter work).

Vulnerability is the key!

Damage balance is fine. I main a necro in pvp for years now and trust me - if anyone knows day 1 when damage went overboard after a patch it's a necro.

Currently the balance looks fine. There are professions and builds that will melt you in seconds but they have counterplay. Such as projectile hate. If things were truly bad then there would be no spellbreakers in meta for one thing. Yet here they are and doing well.

It's funny, I've been mostly been messing around in wows pvp lately and all over their forums is same complaint about damage being to high and I'm thinking it doesn't seem to bad to me, maybe because I was still bit used to gw2, come back check out gw2 and 2nd conquest get ccd with fear and eat 1 ghastly claw and my devinity rune wearing rev with 20k hp is literally pretty much gone. Imo that is to much damage. A poster above stated a skill can do 12k tops lmao, that's OK to u guys? Do one 12k skill and another 8k skill and u literally double tapped a 20k hp player, a 20k hp player that only has 20k hp cuz they are wearing a defensive amulet giving them more than default hp. Anyway u guys are the players so if u think the above is ok than have at'er lol.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1