Only community GW2 managed to build

3 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Guilds are not the same as community

That depends entirely what you put into a guild and what you expect out of it.

My guess is in your case: not a lot.

Which leads me to wonder what you care about communities in the first place, you don't seem interested to be part of one.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

That depends entirely what you put into a guild and what you expect out of it.

My guess is in your case: not a lot.

Which leads me to wonder what you care about communities in the first place, you don't seem interested to be part of one.

I'm just using educated comparison, this been like my 10th+ MMO

For example, when I used alliance wide shout "My cleric need help with level 50 epic quest" in DAOC,

I got over 50 people coming to help (that was about 1h long thing, as those old MMOs didn't have WPs

so lots of running and riding)
Here, when someone in guild chat asks help with whatever, usually noone responds even when there's 50+

people online)
Then again, its entirely possible that I'm in wrong guilds here since beta 🙂

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

What was it you said?

"Guilds are not the same as community."

Maybe work towards finding a community instead of just another guild to join. So yes, if all you've been doing since beta is cyling through guilds without trying to find communities, then you have been in the "wrong" guilds since beta.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nikola.3841 said:

For example, when I used alliance wide shout "My cleric need help with level 50 epic quest" in DAOC,

I got over 50 people coming to help (that was about 1h long thing, as those old MMOs didn't have WPs

Here, when someone in guild chat asks help with whatever, usually noone responds even when there's 50+

people online)

It's not only possible it's likely.  I've played a lot of MMOs too, and in every one of them where I was active in a guild, we had a really strong community.  So strong, in fact, that there are people that I met in MMOs from around the world that are on my personal Face Book page and have been for years.  We never had to worry about Raid Sellers, because we could fill a raid from our own ranks.  Hell, I was part of a guild that didn't do anything but raid, across multiple MMOs.  It would be "welp, x MMO released a new raid, time to move over there and hit it".  But if you're in a guild that's ignoring people asking for help, I'd say you're in the wrong guild, with the caveat of "if you didn't go help them, you're a part of the problem with that guild".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

people online)

The number of MMOs you played is irrelevant. What you have been told here is true. You get out of it what you put into it. If you think the only communities that exist in GW2 is raid selling, you aren't putting much effort into being part of any others. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The number of MMOs you played is irrelevant. What you have been told here is true. You get out of it what you put into it. If you think the only communities that exist in GW2 is raid selling, you aren't putting much effort into being part of any others. 

That's what you get with multi guild system

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

But I'm the same guy I was in DAOC and Warhammer Online, just a bit older. Yet, my facebook and discord is full of guildmates from those games, just recently I met a guy from DAOC in some MMO discord (by pure chance) and he remembers me after 15 years. Here, despite playing from day 1, I barely know anyone (despite playing it longer than DAOC and Warhammer put together)

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

But I'm the same guy I was in DAOC and Warhammer Online, just a bit older. Yet, my facebook and discord is full of guildmates from those games, just recently I met a guy from DAOC in some MMO discord (by pure chance) and he remembers me after 15 years. Here, despite playing from day 1, I barely know anyone (despite playing it longer than DAOC and Warhammer put together)

But you are not the same guy. None of us are. DAoC released in 2001, you were literally 22 years younger then (as was I) or at the least 12 years younger if we talk GW2 launch. Your obligations, interactions, personality was I guarantee you vastly different to today. As was your spare time.

That is compounded on top of the shift and reach of both games (DAoC versus GW2). The former being a niche game, even if for its time successful, versus the later. Thus shuffling far more players of different types together, thus creating less common ground to bond over unless actively trying to.

The same goes for Warhammer Online, which again was niche at best after the original surge of players with a far more focused game experience. There was RvR and PvE dungeons as end game, that was it (with RvR being the dominating aspect I would say, at least it was for me even with me finishing my Lost Vale Swordmaster set being the top 3rd or 4th Swordmaster on my server back then).

You are comparing apples to oranges here. GW2 is far more sandbox, or PvE heavy, than either of those games, and far larger at that. As such it can take far more effort to find communities one wants to be part of even with the same approach.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

That doesn't change what I said. Different game, different interaction. You only see the raid seller community. You just aren't looking hard enough. 

I mean, let's just call this thread what it REALLY is ...a thinly veiled complaint about all the raid selling. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't change what I said. Different game, different interaction. You only see the raid seller community. You just aren't looking hard enough. 

I mean, let's just call this thread what it REALLY is ...a thinly veiled complaint about all the raid selling. 

Not at all...I actually don't do raids at all.

What actually made me post it was trying for few hours to get TWO people to help enter

Zommoros Lair in Vabbi

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Not at all...I actually don't do raids at all.

What actually made me post it was trying for few hours to get TWO people to help enter

Zommoros Lair in Vabbi

So not only do you not know of communities outside of raid selling who group together to do content, you have no idea about the only community you think exists because you don't do raids. Somehow, people not rushing to your aid for dated content = raid selling being the only community in the game. Makes sense. 🙄

Again ... just a thinly veiled complain about your struggle to play the game with others. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So not only do you not know of communities outside of raid selling who group together to do content, you have almost no idea about the only community you think exists because you don't do raids. /gg

Again ... just a thinly veiled complain about your struggle to play the game with others. That's not a game issue you know. 

learn to read, lol...I said its community issue, not a game issue
Even your post is proving it...if I made it on DAOC vnboard forum, 

I'd usually get "hey, log into game and pm me and I'll help"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1