Mount in Home Instance

Natta.8905

4 hours ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

Honestly, nothing really happens in the home instance and they are pretty small. I don't see the point

This. A full instance takes about 5 minutes to clear nodes. And most of that time is due to the animation lock while collecting stuff

I'd much rather have an optional NPC, which for a fee  (about a few silvers a day?) would collect nodes, manage the garden and mail me my ressources (so I don't have to log in daily to cash in). That actually would save me the full 5 minutes, unlike mounts which would save only about 10-20% of the time spent moving from node to node in that personal instance.

You could still choose to save your gold and recolt stuff yourself if you prefer, or just like being in your personal instance ;
or prefer the conveniance of letting that NPC do that task and focus on adventure, for a small income loss

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

This. A full instance takes about 5 minutes to recolt. And most of that time is due to the animation lock while recolting stuff

I'd much rather have an optional NPC, which for a fee  (about a few silvers a day?) would collect nodes, manage the garden and mail me my ressources (so I don't have to log in daily to cash in). That actually would save me the full 5 minutes, unlike mounts which would save only about 10-20% of the time spent moving from node to node in that personal instance.

You could still choose to save your gold and recolt stuff yourself if you prefer, or just like being in your personal instance ;
or prefer the conveniance of letting that NPC do that task and focus on adventure, for a small income loss

Can't have that.  People would complain and call it pay to win.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Can't have that.  People would complain and call it pay to win.

Technically it's more pay to not play than pay to win. It's a strange mentality these days to want to skip doing things in game but still get the rewards. You don't get to not go to work but still get paid (indefinitely) either. People like that are completely missing the point or just not really into it, at which point one has to ask: why are they even here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A book shelf would be my first priority for the home instance.

But it would be nice if we could see our mounts all hanging out in there, ideally using whatever skins and dyes we have selected when we load in.

(That last part may not seem that important, but for example my main character has been using the bioluminescent skyscale skin dyed gold since the skyscale skin pack came out, a few weeks after I got the skyscale. The default grey one doesn't look like 'my' skyscale so it would be more like a random one which happens to be in my home instance.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Might help in big home instances like Applied Development Lab and Heroes Canton  to get around to the farther areas.  I can also see a niche use for the springer/skyscale in both the Hunter's Lodge and Dreamer's Terrace to get around the more vertical area faster.  I can't really see it working out in the Salma District because that's rather compact.

14 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I would love someone that gathers my resources.

Is it anymore pay to win than some of the expedition contracts that send mail of goods each day someone logs in?

I would expect Anet to charge gems for such a service, but if the price was reasonable, I'd pay for it.

Expedition contracts are not the same as home instance nodes. They're extra materials (and not even that much) that a team gathers for you in distant lands. It doesn't farm any nodes that you consequently won't be able to farm anymore because they already did. It's not skipping actions in the game, but a little extra you can get. And considering the gem price of expedition contracts, it will be a long, long time before you get enough materials to outweigh the price you paid for them. Pay to win? Not in the slightest. And even then it hardly brings in any revenue on a daily basis. The loot from expedition contracts is like a drop in an ocean. It barely registers to begin with.

Pretty much all home instance nodes have a really long payback period also.  I don't really see the distinction of something that mails some materials each day vs having to go in and harvest for a few materials.  I suppose the big difference is in the first case, you can not share it with other players.

In terms of is it worth the time or not, that is a fair point.  For a long time, I never bothered with home instance nodes because I didn't consider them worth the time, but when LWS3 started adding them for local map currencies, at some point it became worth it for me to gather them.  And then at some point, it became worth it to buy more nodes with gems/other stuff.

But I then do wonder how many players might actually be willing to buy those nodes with gems (providing Anet money) if the process was simple, but since they haven't got anything in their home instance yet, they don't consider it worth the investment to do so.  There is certainly some fixed time it takes to log into a character parked near your home instance, then and then go into it - if you only are harvesting 2 nodes, that time isn't worth it.  20 nodes, it probably it might me.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:53 AM, Taclism.2406 said:

This. A full instance takes about 5 minutes to clear nodes. And most of that time is due to the animation lock while collecting stuff

Honestly, we could use more gold sinks. Even if it's a few silver.

On 2/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Hemi.5267 said:

If we can have an expedition contract, why not a home instance contract eh? Let the same dudes gather and mail our stuff.

I say do it!

Maybe they can add it to the jade bot mastery:

Level 6: Yes sir, right away sir!   - send your jade bot away to raid your home instance. Your jade bot will be unavailable for 5 minutes.

Edit: for the confused people, yes, this was a joke.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Maybe they can add it to the jade bot mastery:

Level 6: Yes sir, right away sir!   - send your jade bot away to raid your home instance. Your jade bot will be unavailable for 5 minutes.

Edit: for the confused people, yes, this was a joke.

Darn.  And here I was hoping there'd actually be something useful to that mastery, finally.

• Like 1