The iterative process ruins this game potential

Artyport.2084

2 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

It was 100% not completed once before the first nerf, or did you not play EoD on release? Raiders who were trying to hardcore do it failed. Only after the first nerf did it start to be defeated. 

Not true. I did complete the meta before the nerf. I got lucky sure, but it was doable. And it was not with a raid squad as far as I know. I assume it was more luck with rng and decent dps. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Yes but with the content shift they also changed their target audience

Core was aimed on very casual players with at least season 2 and then HoT and raids we had the hardcore-gaming audience as target.  Especially the change on open world content was way to hard for just open world.

They knew it and with the next LW they pulled it back.

With PoF PvP and WvW was from the new elites/class design the focus while PvE was kept as it was.

LW S4 was the same

But then LWS5 was suddenly a never seen grindfest in GW2 they dropped the causal not on difficulty but on grind this time also they cut heavily back on cost by splitting the maps. This was Gw2s "Shadowlands" at the same time wows Shadowlands was running.

The new expansion haven't played through yet so I can't say anything about it.

But there basically 3 points to take with:

:

A)The imitate promise to not make content obsolete while you can't say it is to 100% broken it also not kept

B)The repeated changes certainly alienated players which also means players left.

C)With each new target audience an new vision of the game came a long with it including new design philosophies on specs and classes, which in result made an awful balance (and other problems on top of it)

The audience Anet has targeted has never changed, its always been casual/ Horizontal/GW Gamestyle fans (collecting and diverse content).  For e.g Raids was always an outlier for a tiny minority a mistake that Anet learned from, which is what we want - flexibility to learn and iterate. There is also a difference between out of favour and obsolete.  No content is obsolete in GW2 although the general population may have low interest, which is very different.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

6 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

It was 100% not completed once before the first nerf, or did you not play EoD on release? Raiders who were trying to hardcore do it failed. Only after the first nerf did it start to be defeated. 

Didn't Teapot and his community do it before the nerf? o,0 Within the first couple days even. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

He failed yes, and did it yes after the first nerf, but who on Earth watched/watches Teapot and wants to actually enjoy the game? 

I see, well I had not even started playing GW2 when EoD dropped. I was busy in Endwalker on ff. Although I am not sure what you are trying to imply, that ppl who watch his stream hate the game? Teapot himself is pretty positive on the game too so I am not sure. I pay 0 attn to his chat so idk if it's full of doomers or what 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

He failed yes, and did it yes after the first nerf, but who on Earth watched/watches Teapot and wants to actually enjoy the game? 

If you think they did it after the nerf, point out which nerf was it and in which patch it came in. Nobody needs to watch anyone, this is not about that at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

i will say I dont think ill be popping down 60 dollars a year for mini expansions . if they want to get money and go that route then slap a 5 dollar a month sub fee on it and be done. Because thats what it will come down to in cost anyway

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

i will say I dont think ill be popping down 60 dollars a year for mini expansions . if they want to get money and go that route then slap a 5 dollar a month sub fee on it and be done. Because thats what it will come down to in cost anyway

How are you coming up with these numbers? Because they seem completely baseless, based on what we currently know.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

So, save your $5 each month and then buy it.  Don't force a sub model on those of us who don't want one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

What about this almost 11 year old game suggests that it's not thriving?

I have also played since beta.

The fact this game continues on and is one of the more popular and recognized mmos available suggests that its doing quite well in the "thriving" department.

Now, only if they could help out with the fact that Deadeye, thematically a stealth like sniper class, is neither stealthy or very good with a rifle...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Maybe the fact that the last year of content, which consisted of nothing new, and just re-releasing old content, according to the claim they've just made required from them using 100% of the resources they have, with nothing left for anything else?

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

48 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Maybe the fact that the last year of content, which consisted of nothing new, and just re-releasing old content, according to the claim they've just made required from them using 100% of the resources they have, with nothing left for anything else?

What old content?  You mean LS1?  That had to be re-created from scratch? 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

There's an important distinction to be made between "surviving" and "thriving". By all means, people can make the case the game is still thriving, but I'd expect a higher threshold than "there's still content being released and people are still playing".

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There's an important distinction to be made between "surviving" and "thriving". By all means, people can make the case the game is still thriving, but I'd expect a higher threshold than "there's still content being released and people are still playing".

Similarly people can make the case the game isn't triving, but I'd expect a higher threshold than "personaly I don't like so much what they're releasing now" or "why do I need to pay to get more content instead of getting unlimited free entertainment?".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Its 10 years old mmo game that is going well and doesnt have a huge IP and giant studio behind like warcraft, final fantasy, star wars, tes. I think thriving is completely fitting here. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 2/15/2023 at 11:50 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Cars do change over time

My 2005 Ranger has yet to become a 2020 or newer F150, despite the several sacrifices I've made in its name.  Its interior hasnt yet changed material or color either.

My Firebrand though, his mantras are on their 4th and 5th versions since release, and my 1999 Paladin has changed its maker 6 times. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

My 2005 Ranger has yet to become a 2020 or newer F150, despite the several sacrifices I've made in its name.  Its interior hasnt yet changed material or color either.

My Firebrand though, his mantras are on their 4th and 5th versions since release.

Convenient avoidance of context is convenient. Here's the start of the post I've quoted which should give you a solid hint about what was the point of this comment chain: "Very true. But cars and shoes aren't a continued investment. They're both a one time purchase." (and the rest of that post talks about the same thing)
Did you repeatedly pay for firebrand reworks/balance patches? No? Then I'm not sure why you're responding the way you are. 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 12:02 PM, Aelin.9317 said:

Didn't Teapot and his community do it before the nerf? o,0 Within the first couple days even. 

It was beaten by a number of people before its first nerf, yeah.   It wasnt ever 'easy' before that, because you can and did sometimes just lose to her attack patterns, and it was never what I would call a well-designed fight, but it was beatable. 

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not sure why you're responding the way you are.

Because every point comparing MMO's to any object is a nonsense take on its face and I'm going to have fun with people saying nonsense takes. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Because every point comparing MMO's to any object is a nonsense take on its face and I'm going to have fun with people saying nonsense takes. 

Ok. Regardless of you disagreeing with comparisons (kind of understandable), you still completely missed the context/point of the responses there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1