Boat Fountain in Lions Arch

I think it would be really cool to stick a lake or a body of water or an oversized fountain or a canal system in lions arch, between the bank, the crafting stations and the auction house where the jumping water fountains are, so that we can show off our skiff skins.  It doesn't have to be a fishing spot, but I think having a bunch of player boats on display would be really cool and add to the aquatic atmosphere of the town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Fix it, organize boat meet-ups!

My point is to implement an environment (fountain/lake/canal) that allows for people to display their skiffs where other players naturally congregate on the map i.e. the trading post/bank/crafting stations/mystic forge.  Not for me to organize some skiff meet up group where I host it way out in the middle of nowhere, where nobody will see it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

My point is to implement an environment (fountain/lake/canal) that allows for people to display their skiffs where other players naturally congregate on the map i.e. the trading post/bank/crafting stations/mystic forge.  Not for me to organize some skiff meet up group where I host it way out in the middle of nowhere, where nobody will see it.

My point is that if someone is interested in seeing skiffs, they can easly move slightly to the south where the harbor is. Suddenly putting bodies of water/boats next to bankers (and/or on the way between banker and tp) and in the space people relatively often use to socialize is simply a bad idea.

• Thanks 7

14 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I think it would be really cool to stick a lake or a body of water or an oversized fountain or a canal system in lions arch, between the bank, the crafting stations and the auction house where the jumping water fountains are, so that we can show off our skiff skins.  It doesn't have to be a fishing spot, but I think having a bunch of player boats on display would be really cool and add to the aquatic atmosphere of the town.

No thanks

Most people don't want to see skiffs in the middle of town.

There's plenty of space for skiff enjoyers to congregate in the harbour so is anything you're better off organising boat meetings if that's what you want to see more of.

• Like 3

No thank you.

There are already places you can show off your skiff. If no one goes there when you try it is a solid indication that no one wants to see your skiff. Arguing that the game should be changed so that people who dont want to see your skiff should be forced to do so anyway is ludicrous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why would anyone care about the skiff skin you bought from the gem store?  There's like what 8 or 9 of them now. I get that you like your skiff, but most people see them around and don't care that much. I buy a skiff skin if it fits a character I play a lot, but only for myself. There's not really that much to show off.

I mean your four color dye job?  I see skiffs all the time, and the only thing I care about is whether they're next to a fishing hole.

Edited by Vayne.8563
typo
  • Like 2

i cant believe nobody wants enhancements to existing places to show off their mounts. its like saying here's a new mount, and we definitely don't want to have a place to use it where people gather, and then everyone agreeing saying yes, i definitely don't want to use it or see other peoples mounts where i hang out. In game where rewards are centered around cosmetics and a lot of times socializing and afking in town... bizarre.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

21 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

i cant believe nobody wants enhancements to existing places

That's probably because they're not exactly enhancements to those places, which was already pointed out above. The problem with your idea is that you value "showing off my skiff skin" over "usability of the place".

5 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

says you, I like displaying my skiff and I do fish, so why not both?

What he said is literally doing both. At the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

you can still use the place if skiffs were there, and i have no interest in fishing in the center of LA, but if they wanted to add that then ok.  I don't get why you wouldn't want more improvements/enhancements to a location like being able to display a skiff where you otherwise normally wouldn't, it doesn't affect "the usability" of the location, whatever that means.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

you can still use the place if skiffs were there, and i have no interest in fishing in the center of LA, but if they wanted to add that then ok.  I don't get why you wouldn't want more improvements/enhancements to a location like being able to display a skiff where you otherwise normally wouldn't, it doesn't affect "the usability" of the location, whatever that means.

Because, as already was pointed out, your idea is not improving the location. Go to the map where people participate in fishing trains parties (like crystal oasis, for one) and follow them on your skiff to show it off.
Putting a lake/river in the middle of the town's square, which is also on the way between the bank and tp/crafting stations does affect the usability of the place.

And a small tip: repeatedly saying "I don't know why not" when people already told you "why not' won't suddenly change their mind since it doesn't address what they said and doesn't bring anything new to the topic.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's probably because they're not exactly enhancements to those places, which was already pointed out above. The problem with your idea is that you value "showing off my skiff skin" over "usability of the place".

What he said is literally doing both. At the same time.

its not improving the location? being able to use a mount i normally cannot use in that location is not improving the location...... lol ok....

you could also build a bridge if you're concerned with falling in the water, or multiple bridges or a tunnel or any number of things.

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

its not improving the location? being able to use a mount i normally cannot use in that location is not improving the location...... lol ok....

That's right, it is not. You can use skiff in LA, do it in the harbor.

Also edited in while you were already writing:

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And a small tip: repeatedly saying "I don't know why not" when people already told you "why not' won't suddenly change their mind since it doesn't address what they said and doesn't bring anything new to the topic.

Notice how once again you didn't address what I wrote in my previous post, but instead repeated the same -already answered- question for the xth time. Am I supposed to compile my previous posts and keep copy-pasting them back at you or what's the plan here? 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's right, it is not. You can use skiff in LA, do it in the harbor.

Also edited in while you were already writing:

Notice how once again you didn't address what I wrote in my previous post, but instead repeated the same -already answered- question for the xth time.

because they didn't provide an answer, all they said was "the game doesn't need that" that's not an answer or a reason. its just your opinions with no other reason than  you say no and you don't like it but no logical reason given. especially since you have no idea how they could design it or what features they could implement into the map for ease of access to the facilities that are there.

• Confused 5