Five-Person-Content Legendary Armor

39 minutes ago, Xerac.1542 said:

Done. I don't care if you get your legendary armor. I am interested in the new posts that would spawn from this and all the new "builds" people create with an unlimited amount of stats. 

You think people who can't be bothered with getting another (ascended or even exotic) set or participate in any harder content would suddenly start theorycrafting their brains out creating significant amount of new builds that other people -participating more content of the game and having a bit of a better understanding of the game- weren't able to do by now? Somehow I doubt that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You think people who can't be bothered with getting another (ascended or even exotic) set or participate in any harder content would suddenly start theorycrafting their brains out creating significant amount of new builds that other people -participating more content of the game and having a bit of a better understanding of the game- weren't able to do by now? Somehow I doubt that.

Somehow I doubt that you read what I wrote carefully enough. I will put the important part of my post in bold and underlined down below:

"builds"

Like some fancy af heal willbender with mace/sword and full apothecary gear and 4/6 vampirism runes and 2/6 Lich runes. 

But to make it clear. I really appreciate the people who put together the builds on meta sites. Top DPS, boonsupport with perfectet boonduration and also LI and unkillable OW builds to simply enjoy whacking away at some mobs designed for multiple players. 

Personally, I like to try them out but since I completed my armor I never started theorycrafting myself. The stuff I could come up with would never be as god as the stuff other people come up with. Rarely do I change armorstats, because there just is no need to do so for me. Berserker/viper/harrier and you are set for maybe 85% of content.  

Anyways, if people want it that badly, give it to them. Mabey it will rid us of some of these posts and we can go back to why skyscale is way to hard to get and how this game only appeals to the raider fantasy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Xerac.1542 said:

Somehow I doubt that you read what I wrote carefully enough. I will put the important part of my post in bold and underlined down below:

"builds"

Like some fancy af heal willbender with mace/sword and full apothecary gear and 4/6 vampirism runes and 2/6 Lich runes. 

But to make it clear. I really appreciate the people who put together the builds on meta sites. Top DPS, boonsupport with perfectet boonduration and also LI and unkillable OW builds to simply enjoy whacking away at some mobs designed for multiple players. 

Personally, I like to try them out but since I completed my armor I never started theorycrafting myself. The stuff I could come up with would never be as god as the stuff other people come up with. Rarely do I change armorstats, because there just is no need to do so for me. Berserker/viper/harrier and you are set for maybe 85% of content. 

I don't know why you think that's something I missed? What you wrote is this: "and all the new "builds" people create". Notice that I wasn't talking about some "meta builds" here either, I was literally talking about "making new builds'. If people want to theory craft new interesting builds they can already do that rather easly with -as it was also already mentioned in my post- ascended or -more importantly!- even exotic gear. If getting stat selectable exotics is somehow supposed to be prohibiting people from creating new interesting builds then tbh I'd question whether those players even play much of the game in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know why you think that's something I missed? What you wrote is this: "and all the new "builds" people create". Notice that I wasn't talking about some "meta builds" here either, I was literally talking about "making new builds'. If people want to theory craft new interesting builds they can already do that rather easly with -as it was also already mentioned in my post- ascended or -more importantly!- even exotic gear. If getting stat selectable exotics is somehow supposed to be prohibiting people from creating new interesting builds then tbh I'd question whether those players even play much of the game in the first place.

Guess my sarcasm did not convey good enough through text. 

That would be my fault I guess. 

Of course they won't. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

And since when have legendary items in this game ever been about a challenge?

They never have, that's just something some people project onto them as that's how they're used to it from other games. According to Devs Guild Chat on the revised legendary journey legendaries are supposed to be a reward to show of  your dedication to the related content in question.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean "nah"? You said you want an armor skin that matches the backpiece. This is not solved by adding whatever armor rarity, that's solved by adding an armor skin set in the game and that fulfills your wish of "having matching skin". So let me ask again: what do you mean "nah"?

So, to clarify (Since somehow this is necessary? Sometimes I thin you're just arguing for the sake of arguing),  I want an animated, flashy skin that has glowing particles that match the legendary backpiece both in drawn, combat ready stance and in passive, standby stance.  This isn't just a simple "Just give them a skin" I want it to animate just like the backpack does.

Generally, skins that complex are either found in BLC for a random chance via keys, sold piecemeal on the Gemstore, or require a legendary grind (Clovers, gifts, collections, etc).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

So, to clarify (Since somehow this is necessary? Sometimes I thin you're just arguing for the sake of arguing),  I want an animated, flashy skin that has glowing particles that match the legendary backpiece both in drawn, combat ready stance and in passive, standby stance.  This isn't just a simple "Just give them a skin" I want it to animate just like the backpack does.

Generally, skins that complex are either found in BLC for a random chance via keys, sold piecemeal on the Gemstore, or require a legendary grind (Clovers, gifts, collections, etc).

Yup, clarification helped quite a lot, seeing how whenever people talk about armor matching x, they seem to be mostly talking about theme or material. I don't see anything in this comment chain that would somehow point at you talking about animated armor, but think about it whatever you want.
With that being said, according to what we've been told about animated armors, the chances for what you want shrink down substantially.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

Nah.  If it required something like fractal god, all CM titles, and all individual fractal levels  finished, it'd actually take about as long as raid armor before currencies specific to the armor are considered.

That is an excellent idea. I'd love for my unstable fractal essence to get used.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I think it would be to have that floaty cloud effect the weapons have. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, clarification helped quite a lot, seeing how whenever people talk about armor matching x, they seem to be mostly talking about theme or material. I don't see anything in this comment chain that would somehow point at you talking about animated armor, but think about it whatever you want.
With that being said, according to what we've been told about animated armors, the chances for what you want shrink down substantially.

I still don't get how in a thread  talking about 5 man content for legendary armor you didn't infer that my desire for armor from fractals (Hey that's 5 man content!) that matches ad infinitum would also be  legendary.  I mean, I did directly say the following:

I'd be down for legendary armor you could  get via fractals.  Maybe once they have 25 unique fractals and  add CMs to each of them we could have that.

look, I just want an armor set that matches my ad infinitum.

Just feels a bit odd that you'd come after me about skins here when I'm pretty certain anyone else could infer I what I meant rather easily (especially given the topic of the thread).

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I still don't get how in a thread  talking about 5 man content for legendary armor you didn't infer that my desire for armor from fractals (Hey that's 5 man content!) that matches ad infinitum would also be  legendary.  I mean, I did directly say the following:

Just feels a bit odd that you'd come after me about skins here when I'm pretty certain anyone else could infer I what I meant rather easily (especially given the topic of the thread).

You never said animated until a post ago.
ANet said animated armors are a no-go, because they had to do so many hacks to get the current one in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I still don't get how in a thread  talking about 5 man content for legendary armor you didn't infer that my desire for armor from fractals (Hey that's 5 man content!) that matches ad infinitum would also be  legendary.

The legendary armors from WvW and PvP unfortunately don’t match Warbringer and Ascension. I doubt that a legendary armor from fractals would match ad infinitum. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I'm not "coming after you"(??), I'm simply explaining to you how I understood "matching armor". Go through this full comment chain and let me know how my understanding of it (being matching theme or material) was somehow unreasonable.

Now you're -again- pointing out the "legendary" bit, but maybe understand that out of 3 legendary armors only one is animated, so it's not somehow automatically implied that you wanted it to be animated. From what I saw, you didn't convey this information in any way, up until recently saying it should be somehow obvious you wanted an animated one, which is why for me it was obvious your request for "matching armor" was easly solved by simply adding a matching skin. Not sure what's so problematic here, maybe it's that you somehow think that "legendary armor" and "animated armor" mean the same thing?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I mean you ain't wrong, and that's 1 man content leggy armour

Right... Until people defend what you want to get, which within those 22 weeks simply will inevitably keep happening here and there.

...so wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Defend camps? Just go to another camp. It's easily farmable stuff

I didn't know there's only one enemy on the map and only one camp camp can be defended at the same time. I forgot that enemy players naturally always do whatever I want them to do so whatever you imagined just happens by default and in result you have a perfect 22 weeks of farming with no contact with another player.

...right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not "coming after you"(??), I'm simply explaining to you how I understood "matching armor". Go through this full comment chain and let me know how my understanding of it (being matching theme or material) was somehow unreasonable.
Now you're -again- pointing out the "legendary" bit, but maybe understand that out of 3 legendary armors only one is animated, so it's not somehow automatically implied that you wanted it to be animated. From what I saw, you didn't convey this information in any way, up until recently saying it should be somehow obvious you wanted an animated one, which is why for me it was obvious your request for "matching armor" was easly solved by simply adding a matching skin. Not sure what's so problematic here, maybe it's that you somehow think that "legendary armor" and "animated armor" mean the same thing?

So, there are a lot of other posts in here that are problematic that you could have responded to, but you decided t o misunderstand my post about legendary fractal armor t hat matches ad infinitum in a thread about 5 man content providing a path towards legendary armor.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Almost like the whole thread is about legendary armor. 🤔  By the way, while yes, the PvE armor has the most animations (And even adds armor.  Kitten medium armor battle dress), PVP and WvW ones have animations too, just not nearly as complex (Unless you don't count the random particle effects that grow when weapons are drawn as effects).  Granted, that's also on the ascended variant, so I suppose if you want to be really pedantic and such, you could say that PvE armor are the only sets that have a unique animation.

As for me not conveying the fact that they're supposed to be animated and such, that doesn't matter.  This is failing on you being able to infer based on thread topic

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I didn't know there's only one enemy on the map and only one camp camp can be defended at the same time. I forgot that enemy players naturally always do whatever I want them to do so whatever you imagined just happens by default and in result you have a perfect 22 weeks of farming with no contact with another player.

...right.

Unless the enemy servers are stacked and have a com tag running 24/7, it's as simple as seeing an enemy at a camp you're trying to get and going to another camp.  You rinse and repeat that on the off hours for wvw on the map that you're on.  If you can't, there are 3 other wvw maps to go to that have 9 camps each. You can even cap some of the ruins if you're so inclined.  Otherwise, if you've got a tag to follow, just follow them and it's basically an open world karma train if your server's zerg is big enough.

You'd be surprised how many times this has worked.  Generally speaking, solo players at camps are in one of two situations; they're the same as you, just wanting the credit and no pvp, so they'll flee at the sight of you or they're roamers who will pursue you and defend the camp they just capped.  In my time in WvW, I've met more players that would flee from conflict in camps than I've met who'd defend camps unless it's prime time for their server.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I havent Read through all of the Comments, but my thought on this Topic has some long time in it.

Basicly we should do maybe do something like this.

Legendary Open world Armor 

Takes a Gift of exploration, for ppl that love Open world/Core, it takes long but if you into this content, its restricted by the time and efford of doing all the maps 100%

How to bring dungeons into legendary armor stuff and make dungeons more frequently used by the players? Make a Gift that requires you to combine all 8 Dungeon gifts into 2 Own gift + maybe Obsis and Spirit shard bought item,  with these possible Options we would bring ppl to do what they like, Core open world dungeons

but lets not stop here, possible gift for Expansions that take Metas, exploration, Farming the expansion maps and bring a bit of Lw in it so this is also getting more alive even the abit more dead maps like Dragon stand(not saying its completly dead theres just less ppl running it these days)

Fractals, precursor or unevolved legy version in the theme of Normal fractal weapons, take all Fractal currencys to craft(Maybe exept Cm tokes so ppl dont be forced to run cms but cms can make stuff easyer) and then skin wise a evolved version in Golden Fractal weapon theme, would be great if People despite there likings could get to full legendary, i my self am a Raider and core Tyria lover, i have all my legendary armors, but at this time Ascendeds are almost obtainable everywhere, why not make ppl grind there favorite Content abit more and let them get legendary

Ofc balancing this, is not the easyest ofc Raid armor is faster obtainable than WvW legendary, but this doesnt stop WvW players from crafting WvW armor cause thry get it by doing what they love, i hope you all understand my Points and have your own ideas :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

29 minutes ago, ShaciTheClone.7034 said:

I havent Read through all of the Comments, but my thought on this Topic has some long time in it.

Basicly we should do maybe do something like this.

Legendary Open world Armor 

Takes a Gift of exploration, for ppl that love Open world/Core, it takes long but if you into this content, its restricted by the time and efford of doing all the maps 100%

How to bring dungeons into legendary armor stuff and make dungeons more frequently used by the players? Make a Gift that requires you to combine all 8 Dungeon gifts into 2 Own gift + maybe Obsis and Spirit shard bought item,  with these possible Options we would bring ppl to do what they like, Core open world dungeons

but lets not stop here, possible gift for Expansions that take Metas, exploration, Farming the expansion maps and bring a bit of Lw in it so this is also getting more alive even the abit more dead maps like Dragon stand(not saying its completly dead theres just less ppl running it these days)

Fractals, precursor or unevolved legy version in the theme of Normal fractal weapons, take all Fractal currencys to craft(Maybe exept Cm tokes so ppl dont be forced to run cms but cms can make stuff easyer) and then skin wise a evolved version in Golden Fractal weapon theme, would be great if People despite there likings could get to full legendary, i my self am a Raider and core Tyria lover, i have all my legendary armors, but at this time Ascendeds are almost obtainable everywhere, why not make ppl grind there favorite Content abit more and let them get legendary

Ofc balancing this, is not the easyest ofc Raid armor is faster obtainable than WvW legendary, but this doesnt stop WvW players from crafting WvW armor cause thry get it by doing what they love, i hope you all understand my Points and have your own ideas 🙂

Since gift of exploration is 9 hours speed running lets say its 25h of normal play.

Is that long for 2 gifts really?

• Confused 1

On 3/9/2023 at 10:34 PM, Andifulated.3482 said:

So, there are a lot of other posts in here that are problematic that you could have responded to, but you decided t o misunderstand my post about legendary fractal armor t hat matches ad infinitum in a thread about 5 man content providing a path towards legendary armor.

I responded to more posts than just to yours, not sure what point you're trying to make here, but even if I didn't, I have no obligation to respond to everything and everyone. Really, this seems to be nothing more than some weirdly pointless whataboutism that doesn't address anything written in this thread.

Almost like the whole thread is about legendary armor. 🤔  By the way, while yes, the PvE armor has the most animations (And even adds armor.  Kitten medium armor battle dress), PVP and WvW ones have animations too, just not nearly as complex (Unless you don't count the random particle effects that grow when weapons are drawn as effects).  Granted, that's also on the ascended variant, so I suppose if you want to be really pedantic and such, you could say that PvE armor are the only sets that have a unique animation.

Yeah, someone "wants legendary armor". You said you "want armor matching x backpiece". Armor skin can match backpiece without being legendary. Up until recent responses you didn't say anything about animated armor -and again, after that I already responded to that.

As for me not conveying the fact that they're supposed to be animated and such, that doesn't matter.  This is failing on you being able to infer based on thread topic

Nope, someone not conveing their thoughts is not the receiver's fault.

Unless the enemy servers are stacked and have a com tag running 24/7, it's as simple as seeing an enemy at a camp you're trying to get and going to another camp.  You rinse and repeat that on the off hours for wvw on the map that you're on.  If you can't, there are 3 other wvw maps to go to that have 9 camps each. You can even cap some of the ruins if you're so inclined.  Otherwise, if you've got a tag to follow, just follow them and it's basically an open world karma train if your server's zerg is big enough.

You'd be surprised how many times this has worked.  Generally speaking, solo players at camps are in one of two situations; they're the same as you, just wanting the credit and no pvp, so they'll flee at the sight of you or they're roamers who will pursue you and defend the camp they just capped.  In my time in WvW, I've met more players that would flee from conflict in camps than I've met who'd defend camps unless it's prime time for their server.

There doesn't need to be a commander in order for smaller objectives to be defended. Someone can be able to aboid combat here and there, no doubt about it, but if they want to min max time of acquisition (so the time which was mentioned in the posts above), they're bound to run into other players defending whatever they want to take -yes, even multiple objectives at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

On 3/7/2023 at 5:50 PM, Stx.4857 said:

So then it basically just comes down to what the confusion brigade all parrot.  The reason for not adding more options is… “no, go raid”.  

Did anyone expect anything different of this thread though? Its always like this with raiders. Always repeating how great of an experience raiding is, but clinging to every straw that forces players into this most fun and amazing experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Did anyone expect anything different of this thread though? Its always like this with raiders. Always repeating how great of an experience raiding is, but clinging to every straw that forces players into this most fun and amazing experience.

Raids are great, if you can tolerate raiders

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5