Tired Of Being Pulled

Sparetent.9756

43 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Necromancer Profession are not the only Professions with pulls. I do not understand your question

I'm asking what you expect is supposed to happen if pulls have been complained about since Day 1. Not have pulls at all?

7 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Pulling has been complained since day 1 of WvW. Anet solution; Ignore.

You know what's getting complained about a lot too? Rangers pew pewing from beyond 1,5k range while sitting in a (more or less) safe position. So maybe you should be glad that anet isn't listening to every single complaint. Otherwise pretty much every single combat mechanic would have been removed by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Asurastafarian.9708 said:

I'm fine with pulls except when I get pulled completely over the castle wall by a Mesmer yet I'm standing on the other side of the wall halfway down the stairs. While it is funny, it doesn't make sense.. But then again it may be unfair that I can use Barrage from said spot.

I've had that as well. Pulled up the stairs, and over the side. I wonder if the engine is doing a straight distance from x (them) to y (me) ignoring the wall, but the pull effect has to account for the polygon(s).  

Or,

say the wall is height w, the distance the player is from the ground is g (where g<w), the distance the player is from the top of the wall is t (where t<w), and the width of the wall is z. Thus, w = g+t.

Maybe the calculation is using g+z rather than t+z+w.

12 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I've had that as well. Pulled up the stairs, and over the side. I wonder if the engine is doing a straight distance from x (them) to y (me) ignoring the wall, but the pull effect has to account for the polygon(s).  

Or,

say the wall is height w, the distance the player is from the ground is g (where g<w), the distance the player is from the top of the wall is t (where t<w), and the width of the wall is z. Thus, w = g+t.

Maybe the calculation is using g+z rather than t+z+w.

Either way it's wonky as kitten. I've also been pulled over and off the south west corner of Bay cata spot by Reaper Greatsword 5 (not Spectral Grasp).

A big issue with these area pulls is that they're cast on the ground against the wall and no aoe indicator is visible on the wall above, you only have audio queues for some of them.

• Confused 1

Pulling tower rangers/nadespammers/deadeyes is some of the best content wvw has to offer alongside pulling boonball guilds off cliffs... I personally think it's more annoying to be fighting outside an objective and have some slacker on the enemy team just max range pew pew away with zero risk.

Real advice is just to use the many stability and stunbreak options other people have presented.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

take a look at this video by a Thief Profession player; i believe pulling an enemy Profession player from the 3rd floor at SMC.

how is it possible that Thief Profession is able to pull beyond 1200 range from the 3 floor of SMC?

You are correct: pulls are being ranged on stairs and beyond the edge of the way. Many players including myself are being pulled at high grounds beyond 1200 range of sight and are being swung up the air like a yo-yo.

Anet has known about this since Guild Wars 2 release and does not give a kitten about the WvW community!!

1200 range pull. It's working correctly, the red icon isn't reliable. Try it on ranger long bow auto attack. You can fire further than the "you are now in range" indicates; marginally on the flat, vastly when it comes to elevations.

What will REALLY blow your mind to know that short bow on thief (short bow range 900) can hit the ranger there too using their auto attack. Thief can take out the cannons on top floor sm by standing under and firing their "900 range" shortbow. So it isn't scorpion wire's assumed-by-you magic range working on that is it 🙂 Other classes with range have similar take-advantage-of scenarios. 

Regardless, there are counters to pull. It's called using your brain. If you don't wish to, then Arenanet created Stability.

For scorpion wire the counter includes... using wsad. LITERALLY just moving and it'll miss. Scorp wire does not track, so start or change your movement. Sometimes it just misses for zero reason at all. You can also use blocks and reflect to avoid scorpion wire. For other pulls, you can use dodge. Or stability. Aegis would work too. Either way, there's *plenty* of means to avoid pulls.

Pulls here aren't the problem, it's the player sleeping while pretending to play the game that are the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The point is that there is play and countergame, always. That's the beauty of it. This should be why you need to put a minimum of effort/strategy into the way you play. You can go to the forum and ask to delete anything that puts you in trouble even 1000 times but it will be 1000 times a mistake.

If being pulled by the enemy is a problem for you, the problem for me (War class) is the Renger's longbow that manages to hit me from so far away. therefore? Should I ask to delete it as you are doing? Do you understand that it doesn't make sense? In fact, they gave me a shield to use. and movement skills that close great distances in seconds. etc. etc. 

But, I can understand that it's just a little salt here. absolutely fundamental for this mode. for a more complicated evening than usual. All normal. Relax because tomorrow is another day my friend.Good luck and have fun.😉

58 minutes ago, Chips.7968 said:

1200 range pull. It's working correctly, the red icon isn't reliable. Try it on ranger long bow auto attack. You can fire further than the "you are now in range" indicates; marginally on the flat, vastly when it comes to elevations.

What will REALLY blow your mind to know that short bow on thief (short bow range 900) can hit the ranger there too using their auto attack. Thief can take out the cannons on top floor sm by standing under and firing their "900 range" shortbow. So it isn't scorpion wire's assumed-by-you magic range working on that is it 🙂 Other classes with range have similar take-advantage-of scenarios. 

Regardless, there are counters to pull. It's called using your brain. If you don't wish to, then Arenanet created Stability.

For scorpion wire the counter includes... using wsad. LITERALLY just moving and it'll miss. Scorp wire does not track, so start or change your movement. Sometimes it just misses for zero reason at all. You can also use blocks and reflect to avoid scorpion wire. For other pulls, you can use dodge. Or stability. Aegis would work too. Either way, there's *plenty* of means to avoid pulls.

Pulls here aren't the problem, it's the player sleeping while pretending to play the game that are the problem. 

Ranger Professions can not pull at 1200 yards and secondly, did you watch the other videos where multiple players were being pulled down together?

so you are telling me that 1-5 players who were pulled down were "sleeping", "not using their brains"?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

But why? There are counters for pulls.

there are no counters for pulls when the range of sight are exploitable. I have been pulled beyond 1200 range and been pulled from underneath and above objectives like the ground, stairs, far away from the ledge.

Honestly by now, you and i and many others know that there are no counters to exploits and mechanic/skills/build abuse.

I just can not put together in my head how this game has reached such heights of allowing years and years of players complaints of unhealthy mechanics/skills negatively effecting their experiences.

We are talking about the WvW community who are always treated unfairly and whose concerns does not matter at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

This is the problem i have with the "siege" aspect of the game.

Being on a fortified wall should give you some sort of advantage. Instead in this game,it's a death trap most of the time.

Players in the open field should not be able to cast any ground target on the side of the wall and being able to pull you off the wall: it's just stupid.
If you are on any wall you are forced to lean out and put yourself in a "pull-able" position or else you get the "obstructed" message. Meanwhile people on the ground can stay totally safe in a "out of sight position" and being able to spam all they have. 

Edited by ilMasa.2546
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Pulls would be a lot less annoying if they were all like the engineer toolkit magnet pull which will only pull from a wall if the target is on the edge of the wall.  Of course when playing an engineer it would be less annoying if your pulls worked like the insane mesmer pulls which don't care if they are totally obstructed.  Perhaps targeting should be dropped when you don't have line of sight on the target anymore?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, blp.3489 said:

Pulls would be a lot less annoying if they were all like the engineer toolkit magnet pull which will only pull from a wall if the target is on the edge of the wall.  Of course when playing an engineer it would be less annoying if your pulls worked like the insane mesmer pulls which don't care if they are totally obstructed.  Perhaps targeting should be dropped when you don't have line of sight on the target anymore?

Scorpion Wire is nice for interrupts but it's kind of janky so I know to camera look in a fly fishing motion or a reverse Skyrim swing on the pull connect when I see the foot print highlight overlapping a little. At least it's also good for closing the distance if I know there are going to be reflects. 

Once again I will explain it. Mesmer line pulls requires line of sight to place, it does not require line of sight but a radius around the line to pull the closest players/pets(like gravity well) because you're not targeting the player as you would for an engineer or thief single pulls, you're pulling to the line not the caster.

To pull a person from halfway down the stairs the line would have to be on top of the wall, which most times will not guarantee a pull off the wall as you would stop by the lip, a second pull would have to happen for that. Not all wall lips are the same, some are thin and you can easily run over it, some are thick and very hard to get a person over it, some are odd where player momentum from maximum range can cause the player to blast off from the lip into the air, but that rarely happens.

These days 1 in like 3 pulls tend to be successful, either the line was placed on a bad spot, the wall lip blocked the pull over, or immunes or blocks happen(and this happens a lot against boon balls because stability/aegis). As much as people complain about it in forums, there's a lot of people who protect themselves on walls, and mostly by mount. I've seen many who would mount as soon as they see the mesmer getting close to the wall. If they are alert enough to do this, why aren't the rest of you?

If you notice you can be pulled from walls with a zerg below you, why are you continuing to take the same chances on those walls without the protection of stability or stun breakers? You're in wvw, you should have at least 1 stun breaker in your kit so you can use it and then dodge away. Are you not learning the lesson from the very first pull?

If you are up there to throw a disabler, fine, but if you are only up there to solo pewpew 40 people below you cause you somehow think that accomplishes something, you deserve to be pulled and smackdown by those 40, just like you would standing like deer in headlights in front of them in open field (and I've seen some really dumb rangers just "stand" in front of a zerg pewpewing right down to their last breath as the zerg runs over them).

4 hours ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

This is the problem i have with the "siege" aspect of the game.

Being on a fortified wall should give you some sort of advantage. Instead in this game,it's a death trap most of the time.

Players in the open field should not be able to cast any ground target on the side of the wall and being able to pull you off the wall: it's just stupid.
If you are on any wall you are forced to lean out and put yourself in a "pull-able" position or else you get the "obstructed" message. Meanwhile people on the ground can stay totally safe in a "out of sight position" and being able to spam all they have. 

That same lip of the wall you need to be on to fire below, also protects you from pulls a lot of times. There's plenty of safe spots on walls, you know like not directly above the zerg, you just need to figure it out instead of thinking you need 100% absolute protection on walls. Walls are there to delay attackers not give you free reign on whomever below, which you still can with ACs in many areas.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Ranger Professions can not pull at 1200 yards and secondly, did you watch the other videos where multiple players were being pulled down together?

so you are telling me that 1-5 players who were pulled down were "sleeping", "not using their brains"?

I didn't say Rangers could pull 1200 yards. What are you talking about with that? Also, yes, I saw the other videos where players are being pulled down together. I don't know what to tell you, the counters have been stated clearly.

Quiz question - when you're fighting do you stand still  and only use auto attack?

Or do you dodge.

If you're dazed or stunned, do you just wait until it wears off? Or do you use a utility to "break" it?

If you dodge every now and then, why are you dodging?  If you use a utility to break the stun/daze, what's the reason to break it? Are you... avoiding something?!

So why do you not consider dodging a counter to a pull. Or stability. Or a block.  Do you start to see where we're going with this? 

Similarly, when you're being pulled you can use stun breaks... of course I imagine if people are used to standing on walls they probably aren't *running* any stun breaks, just maxed up with power dmg utilities. At which point, sucks to be you when they notice and pull you... 😄 😄

By this point if you've recognised you're being pulled but still find yourself falling victim to it, by neither adapting build nor adapting gameplay, then it's not necessarily the game that needs to be adapted.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chips.7968 said:

I didn't say Rangers could pull 1200 yards. What are you talking about with that? Also, yes, I saw the other videos where players are being pulled down together. I don't know what to tell you, the counters have been stated clearly.

Quiz question - when you're fighting do you stand still  and only use auto attack?

Or do you dodge.

If you're dazed or stunned, do you just wait until it wears off? Or do you use a utility to "break" it?

If you dodge every now and then, why are you dodging?  If you use a utility to break the stun/daze, what's the reason to break it? Are you... avoiding something?!

So why do you not consider dodging a counter to a pull. Or stability. Or a block.  Do you start to see where we're going with this? 

Similarly, when you're being pulled you can use stun breaks... of course I imagine if people are used to standing on walls they probably aren't *running* any stun breaks, just maxed up with power dmg utilities. At which point, sucks to be you when they notice and pull you... 😄 😄

By this point if you've recognised you're being pulled but still find yourself falling victim to it, by neither adapting build nor adapting gameplay, then it's not necessarily the game that needs to be adapted.

Simple solution to 10 years+ rooted problem: Removal

Remove Pull from all Professions

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Simple solution to 10 years+ rooted problem: Removal

Remove Pull from all Professions

Okay, so you get your wish - all pulls are removed. Similarly, all stealth is removed.

What's next on your list that you will *now* find against your way of play? I expect it's going to be taunt, fear, or maybe stun/daze.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Like 1