Using superior numbers

Sansar.1302

21 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Wait I thought anyone that chooses to fight out numbered was just pip hunting per ANet? There is no reward for winning the week, but that's still something some of us do, looking to win the week. I don't care about their participation timers, the more I can get waste their time means more numbers for us somewhere else taking their stuff. The reason I want week end rewards is so there is less reason to mindlessly zerg play and people to be more efficient in their gameplay. Be everywhere at the same time.  

When there are 5 vs 1, those 5 tend to be pip hunters as well. And since they are there already, it doesn't change anything. If you feel proud about that that's cool by me, but when you die own your own against 5 all they care about is pips and for the weekly either they keep you from capping the camp or they cap the camp from you.

Zergs are the meta though, I don't care for it either but it does mean that what you want won't happen, aside from the server imbalances topic (which is a big stinky topic). We got weekly achievements. WvW is about participation first and about winning second. I don't think that will change, it's what appeals to a lot of people. And I'm not saying that people don't want to win, but they build a zerg that many people PARTICIPATE in and then they go win by numbers.

As Sun Tsu said...first you win, then you go out to battle.

14 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

When there are 5 vs 1, those 5 tend to be pip hunters as well. And since they are there already, it doesn't change anything. If you feel proud about that that's cool by me, but when you die own your own against 5 all they care about is pips and for the weekly either they keep you from capping the camp or they cap the camp from you.

Zergs are the meta though, I don't care for it either but it does mean that what you want won't happen, aside from the server imbalances topic (which is a big stinky topic). We got weekly achievements. WvW is about participation first and about winning second. I don't think that will change, it's what appeals to a lot of people. And I'm not saying that people don't want to win, but they build a zerg that many people PARTICIPATE in and then they go win by numbers.

As Sun Tsu said...first you win, then you go out to battle.

Not always. Sometimes its the five that died in a zerg v zerg fight that your side is not in but you wanted the other side to win. So when they die one at a time, they comes 1 v 2 and die again and then when they come at you 1 v 5 and you charge them knowing you will lose to 5, they run away warning others to take a longer route and they lose their objective. Magic. I agree, As Sun Tsu said...first you win, then you go out to battle. Roaming and havocing is about what goal you are looking to achieve, sometimes it about helping one enemy over another if it means your side is in a better position in the long run you take the chance and worry about losing if it happens. Your mileage will vary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I agree, As Sun Tsu said...first you win, then you go out to battle.

Unfortunetly for Sun Tzu, respawn isnt enabled in the real world so the concept of going into battle just for the sake of entertainment, dying and realizing you need more allies to beat them is probably a foreign concept.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not always. Sometimes its the five that died in a zerg v zerg fight that your side is not in but you wanted the other side to win. So when they die one at a time, they comes 1 v 2 and die again and then when they come at you 1 v 5 and you charge them knowing you will lose to 5, they run away warning others to take a longer route and they lose their objective. Magic. I agree, As Sun Tsu said...first you win, then you go out to battle. Roaming and havocing is about what goal you are looking to achieve, sometimes it about helping one enemy over another if it means your side is in a better position in the long run you take the chance and worry about losing if it happens. Your mileage will vary.

Sigh, I didn't say "always'. I said "they tend to be", which means not always. You're arguing against your own interpretation. I'm not getting involved in that. 😄

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Unfortunetly for Sun Tzu, respawn isnt enabled in the real world so the concept of going into battle just for the sake of entertainment, dying and realizing you need more allies to beat them is probably a foreign concept.

The concept of respawn also seems foreign to the KDR enjoyers and those who run from fights.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

As far as I can tell,  when Sun Tzu was alive Taoism hadn't yet absorbed the idea of reincarnation from the Buddhists. So you're probably right.