stop the farming in mist castle

Duke Nukem.6783

13 minutes ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I am so sick of my team intentionally not capturing the objective because killing defenders is what they want to do for bags. this is not intentional game design and directly counters the entire point of the game mode.

please fix this exploit.

Sorry I disagree with you completely. It’s this constant calling for reward nerfs, class nerfs, Maguuma nerfs (can sort of agree with this one lol) that is driving WvW into the ground.

No wonder the Dev(s) don’t give it any love, when all they get it run down for anything they try.  Yes, some of the recent changes are questionable, but they obviously have a direction or vision for WvW.

To say bag farming is an exploit is like saying wall repairers were exploiting. So maybe bags need to be removed from WvW to make you happy?

Maybe remove every single reward from WvW, remove levels, remove legendary armour, it all has to go - seems to be the only way to please people.  Or maybe just shut the game down and all problems are solved instantly?

Seems to be the only way to please people.

/end of rant

Edited by xDumplinx.7983
  • Like 11
  • Confused 6

We had this case yesterday morning. Just enough people to defend our section in EBG, but not enough to capture SMC. We have launched countless of attacks at the castle, but made it only once into the lord-room. Enemy team was like 1.3-1.5x of ours. I've got my weekly 50 kills there. But not the capture-weekly. Maybe next week ^^. If we had more people or enemy had less, I'm certain we would have taken the castle. But as far as I've understood the true WvW community, they want FIGHTS. So I think they have enjoyed this multi-hour-onslaught. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Haha 1

The purpose of SM is 3ways/ugabuga monkey free cast from walls cloud fiesta bag farm.

That's why we qué ebg for.

At this point it's become tradition this way.

Accept it and move on.

If you want "normal" wvw go alpine/desert border.

Edited by Demonas.1083
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

what you mean with "intentionally not capturing the object"?

sometimes its not possible to just kill the lord and tick the circle.

when you have a cloud around you, you actually need to fight it until they are done and get low on numbers so you can safely go for lord kill then as when you have the lord aoe, and all your damage on the lord and the cloud push from all sides into the center you will just die as a squad.

ever seen how ants kill big beatles in real life? they swarm from all sides and try to put the beatle on its back...

I agree though that it is highly unrespectful if a squad opens up a keep and tower gate and just stands behind this gate to "farm" the defenders. theses farmers wonder why nobody wants to play the game anymore and wonder why they dont have their "content"...

btw who invented the word "content" to describe other players should just get a lifetime ban from the game, I wouldnt mind as cant hear that word anymore tbh.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, roederich.2716 said:

btw who invented the word "content" to describe other players should just get a lifetime ban from the game, I wouldnt mind as cant hear that word anymore tbh.

Than you. I’ve been wonderingwhere this word came from too. And it’s used for a lot more than other players. Some people use it in almost every other sentence. I left the game in 2016 and it wasn’t prevalent then. So sometime in the last few years it came about. It is rather annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Demonas.1083 said:

The purpose of SM is 3ways/ugabuga monkey free cast from walls cloud fiesta bag farm.

That's why we qué ebg for.

Accept it and move on.

So the bag farmers called out the wall farmers yet they are both farmers. Classic.  So when do we get siege damage back so that the roamers can farm the farmers?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

Than you. I’ve been wonderingwhere this word came from too. And it’s used for a lot more than other players. Some people use it in almost every other sentence. I left the game in 2016 and it wasn’t prevalent then. So sometime in the last few years it came about. It is rather annoying. 

Have seen it the most when paired with MAG. Note can't say they didn't pick it up from elsewhere but that's where I saw it the most myself when linked. Not as much elsewhere. The people I have talked to that use it, were ex-MAG players as well, but again  not solid proof, but directional.

16 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I am so sick of my team intentionally not capturing the objective because killing defenders is what they want to do for bags. this is not intentional game design and directly counters the entire point of the game mode.

please fix this exploit.

The point of the game mode isn't taking SMC either though.

From a game design point of view, SMC cannot be held over the long term barring a massive disparity in power, meaning using it to farm kills is the point of it and is the best strategy. It is meant to be a place where continuous fighting happens.

Seems like your team knows more about WvW than you. Spend more time learning and less time posting.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Demonas.1083 said:

That's what we queue ebg for.

Accept it and move on.

True enough, though it could be better, but I think you hit it the nail on the head when you say "accept it and move on". It is what it is after all and I doubt that Anet will ever change it. They'll keep tweaking things but not change them.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The point of the game mode isn't taking SMC either though.

From a game design point of view, SMC cannot be held over the long term barring a massive disparity in power, meaning using it to farm kills is the point of it and is the best strategy. It is meant to be a place where continuous fighting happens.

To Archon's point SMC is bait. Do you want to have it, yes. What is it worth it is the question? To many times people answer that in the wrong way in my opinion. This is subjective mind you, but if a side holds SMC, why hit the side attacking it? SMC is bait. Rule number 2, hit the side that controls SMC making them decide, do they defend SMC or their third of EBG. Don't hit the side that is attacking SMC in the back forcing them off, you only aid the side that already holds it. Its a three way fight, hit the side controlling SMC. If you don't that opens you up for being double teamed when the side that hold SMC has no focus. Not a good move. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 11:07 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

please fix this exploit.

I thought I noticed something like that, it seems like they'll camp just to kank/punish cetain players. A server is in close vacinity but they'll stand back untill certain players show up then BAM... they all rush out. Incredible, the hate is real. 

4 minutes ago, Widebody.5071 said:

I thought I noticed something like that, it seems like they'll camp just to kank/punish cetain players. A server is in close vacinity but they'll stand back untill certain players show up then BAM... they all rush out. Incredible, the hate is real. 

Hate, not so much, bag farming more. Which is why the balance in defend versus offensive event will be important. Bag farmers already have an edge encouraging less to defend and more to attack.

• Like 1

I have noticed quite a few new players in WvW lately, and there are some complaints coming out about current systems and designs, which is natural. It's just that the newer players don't understand that what we have now is this deformed version of the game, that was never part of the original WvW design. 

Some part work, some parts are broke. 

In my opinion, they need to go back and take a very hard look at what the game was at launch and through the first year and think really, really hard about that.

@Duke Nukem.6783 Are you sure that your server can capture SMC? Because mostly what I see is server farming SMC by roamers eating up the small groups trying to take it and the larger groups getting eaten by other larger groups for the big bag feeds.

• Like 1

tbh: there´s two sides to tackle farming players in smc. 

the first one is from the perspective of those that are farming people without capturing. Why would you even attempt flipping it, if you have a constant flow of voluntary lootbags running to you. 

the second one is from the perspective of those that are getting farmed. Why would you just run into the enemy (that is clearly not flipping because they wanna farm baggies) over and over again? You´re willingly running back there, even though you know you´re just providing baggies for the enemy. 

If you´re annoyed by getting farmed (especially in SMC), just.... don´t go there anymore. Use the time you would run there over and over again, just to die over and over to flip something else. They´ll eventually get bored because no  more baggies are running to them and just flip it and do something else. The only reason you´re constantly getting farmed in SMC is, because you´re actively running back there just to die....

This has absolutely nothing to do with any intentional or unintentional game-design, and personally i would do the same. Hey, if the lootbag comes to me, of course imma take it. screw that stupid SMC, that is constantly contested anways, there's lootbags to collect. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This is subjective mind you, but if a side holds SMC, why hit the side attacking it? SMC is bait. Rule number 2, hit the side that controls SMC making them decide, do they defend SMC or their third of EBG.

Sometimes people do it because they don't like that server lol. Sometimes your reputation precedes you and some people just don't like certain guilds if they have an annoying playstyle.

Sabotaging the attack is also typical for bottom feeder servers that aim for second place. In these cases they just focus on attacking the weakest server after the stronger server passes through them. Very common practice in t1, though much less common due to recent events. Not to name names but it'll probably restart again next week xD

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

I don't know, sometimes people think they're farming when they've really just digging in a window box planter with a spoon.  I mean, I remember times when people on my server were complaining about "just getting farmed" and I thought, are we really getting farmed or are we also farming them?  Because I hadn't died once and I had gotten numerous kills.  

It also depends on your goals and objectives.  Do you care about playing the territorial capture and hold game?  Because if you do, and the other team is NOT capturing your territory then you are winning.  Maybe they're wasting their time in SM while your server captures territory from them elsewhere; then its a big win for you.  Who cares if your pixels on a screen die anyway?