50k hit... sad

Swagger.1459

@kash.9213 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Back than, thief used to have this one competition thread about who has the highest damage. I wouldn't be surprised if Anet is keeping scores of how high thief damage can go up to

No one is keeping score on something almost no one cares about. These troll threads should stay in the WvW forums where most people also don't care except for the couple of people still getting one shot by one of the worst builds out there. I'll allow it though, maybe if you cry enough the devs will actually take a close look at DE and they'll say "DJ is fine even if that poor kitten keeps getting killed by it over and over but look at this other stuff we over looked that we can fix now".

'these troll threads'

let me ask you a question, what are your basis of a competitive game play as a thief?

Than

compare it with us who want a healthy, fun, risk+reward competitive environment?

Who is the one trolling?

who is the one who has the right to complain?

Complaining about having the Right To Fair, Fun and Risk and Rewarding Competition, Is That Wrong?

If we are to be silence, than, it's your lost.

(by the way, you know the casualties of silencing customers complains right?)

They LeaveSilently

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Back than, thief used to have this one competition thread about who has the highest damage. I wouldn't be surprised if Anet is keeping scores of how high thief damage can go up to

No one is keeping score on something almost no one cares about. These troll threads should stay in the WvW forums where most people also don't care except for the couple of people still getting one shot by one of the worst builds out there. I'll allow it though, maybe if you cry enough the devs will actually take a close look at DE and they'll say "DJ is fine even if that poor kitten keeps getting killed by it over and over but look at this other stuff we over looked that we can fix now".

'these troll threads'

let me ask you a question, what are your basis of a competitive game play as a thief?

Than

compare it with us who want a healthy, fun, risk+reward competitive environment?

Who is the one trolling?

Complaining about having the Right To Fair, Fun and Risk and Rewarding Competition, Is That Wrong?

They Leave
Silently

I don't care what they do to DJ, put an 8k cap on it and let it pierce or something, no one really cares about the skill and that's why no one really bothers to defend it. It was thieves from this forum who contributed suggestions and testing in the WvW forum that were pretty reasonable and it seemed most in that thread agreed. Why not bump that thread with good suggestions so the devs might see it growing instead of raging here that this class is out of control. That skill is already underused and nearly always blocked or interrupted, just saying it needs to do less damage doesn't help balance the skill, it has to be worth using and damage doesn't have to be the reason. You're a broken record and it gets old and the saddest part is most of us agree with the op for the most part but you're still stuck screaming at everyone.

@Swagger.1459 said:At what point does the team become accountable for this stuff? Will we need to be at 75k, 100k, 125k... damage before there is some sense of urgency to work on the problematic issues, like this, plaguing the game? Should we continue waiting for bandaids on gushing wounds in-between the dead esports seasons? At what point in the lifecycle of the game does the team really take an interest in most important aspects (professions and combat) of the game?

If these damage numbers are perfectly acceptable, even with players probably averaging 20k hp, then I propose we assign a weapon from each profession to have this 50k capability. Fair to suggest?

Full quote...

@Burnfall.9573 said:May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.Thief player, '
its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time
'(Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)Enjoy

Let thieves be who they are! Fuckers who gank people when they really need it. No class should be allowed to step into theif's territory, like how thief is not allowed to step into anyone else's territory.

@kash.9213 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@kash.9213 said:

'these troll threads'

Than

Who is the one trolling?

They Leave
Silently

I don't care what they do to DJ, put an 8k cap on it and let it pierce or something, no one really cares about the skill and that's why no one really bothers to defend it. It was thieves from this forum who contributed suggestions and testing in the WvW forum that were pretty reasonable and it seemed most in that thread agreed. Why not bump that thread with good suggestions so the devs might see it growing instead of raging here that this class is out of control. That skill is already underused and nearly always blocked or interrupted, just saying it needs to do less damage doesn't help balance the skill, it has to be worth using and damage doesn't have to be the reason. You're a broken record and it gets old and the saddest part is most of us agree with the op for the most part but you're still stuck screaming at everyone.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, we went through the math and everything. Even though it's roughly the same (slightly less actually) multiplier as kill shot, it ends up dealing more damage because of damage modifiers. It's because of the damage equations and they can't really do a straight damage nerf without making it useless for 99% of the builds.

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Dosent matter how its built up, how long cast time, even cooldown of a skill, specc, trait anything... a dmg 0f 50k vs another player with the the HP that exist in Gw2, this is just wrong. It dosent belong in the game, to defend it, is just pathetic.

oh pleeeeease.. it is a huge build up time for exactly 1 - One - Shot that is suuuper obvious to dodge/block/mitigate and this is far worse than say a Mirage who can almost deal this amount of partly undodgeable damage PER SECOND?While also being able to maintain this amount of dps for quite a while?This is what's really pathetic...

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:Look at necro at begin, he has minions. If i was him, i would huddle them around me, DJ would hit the pet not the necro. Instead necro chose to run around.

Um, how does a necro "huddle it's minions" around him/herself? Necros can not control their minions.

Are you actually asking me that?

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:Look at necro at begin, he has minions. If i was him, i would huddle them around me, DJ would hit the pet not the necro. Instead necro chose to run around.

Um, how does a necro "huddle it's minions" around him/herself? Necros can not control their minions.

You stated it was possible. .with necro minions it's not. Unless you meant scourge and shades.Minions do their own thing and are generally useless outside of pve.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

You stated it was possible. .with necro minions it's not. Unless you meant scourge and shades.Minions do their own thing and are generally useless outside of pve.

I am well aware that you have very limited control over minions but you can still hug them to avoid projectiles. Have seen it many times in pvp and i highly doubt that minions work any differently in wvw.The point is, the necro in video didn't use tools he had access to.

That one wrong move the thief dead has been there since the start YET when we have an easily dodgeable skill that can result in one wrong move downing a class outside thief, It suddenly "a skill that should not exist". This pretty well the same argument as "the thiefs ability to reset a fight". The thief NEEDS to do that because they can not stay in a fight as long as those other classes yet many of the same voices against the easily avoided DJ shot insist a thief should not be able to escape a fight . They also need to spike damage as they can not rely on a high health pools, blocks and passives to keep from being downed in a fight.

The fact is this. There very FEW thieves using the DE spec and DJ as the core of their builds. Most Thieves I encounter are still Daredevil specs or play DE while using another weaponset. These thieves are MORE susceptible to a DJ shot and that one shot means they are downed than almost every other class. The DJ shot taken on such a thief does not even have to get to full malice to make that shot . They are OK with this not because they want to use DJ because most do not use it. They are OK with it because they have learned to play and avoid those attacks that can down them in one single attack. DJ is easier to read then any other such attack.

The complaints about the damage done really is a l2p issue and is coming from those used to heavy armors, high health pools and passives saving them from being downed over active gameplay.

Were DJ damage to be lowered, the only way the Rifle could work would be if there LESS warning of incoming attacks when used against another.. All other damage across the set and or utility would have to be increased or there absolutely no reason to use the set. Were this to happen that thief would likely be even more dangerous to those that think they should not have to dodge attacks. This would be better for the thief in the long run but the complaints would still be there .

@babazhook.6805 said:

Were DJ damage to be lowered, the only way the Rifle could work would be if there LESS warning of incoming attacks when used against another.. All other damage across the set and or utility would have to be increased or there absolutely no reason to use the set. Were this to happen that thief would likely be even more dangerous to those that think they should not have to dodge attacks. This would be better for the thief in the long run but the complaints would still be there .

I would actually be up for them removing DJ entirely in its current form and making all the skills on rifle scale with malice. Slight damage boosts to the skills at maybe 1.5% per stack of malice and having the condi durations on skills also scale with malice at 10% per stack. With the removal of DJ in it's current format, they could work in some more survivability and sustained damage rather than burst damage, like it is now, differentiating it from pistols in the process.

However, I don't think if DJ were eliminated that there would be sufficient compensation to sustain which is why I haven't advocated for that avenue.

The only other way they might be able to do it is make DJ unable to crit and raise the multiplier so they can control the range of damage much more closely. In addition, they could switch DJ for cursed bullet so you could only try once per stealth, although this would require more damage being pushed to the other skills to keep the sustained damage up.

@babazhook.6805 said:"...YET when we have an easily dodgeable skill that can result in one wrong move downing a class outside thief, It suddenly "a skill that should not exist."Because we can all see the invisible bullet coming toward us!This is why people hate thieves. They're annoying and many of their mechanics are OP, while having other mechanics that need improving, but they'll all just ignore the OP stuff and claim that they're weak. So much like how you all tell others to L2P, I'm going to tell you the same. L2P. L2 recognize an OP mechanic when you see one. L2 be reasonable.

@Zintrothen.1056 said:This is why people hate thieves. They're annoying and many of their mechanics are OP, while having other mechanics that need improving, but they'll all just ignore the OP stuff and claim that they're weak. So much like how you all tell others to L2P, I'm going to tell you the same. L2P. L2 recognize an OP mechanic when you see one. L2 be reasonable.

every class has stuff that is 'OP'. yes fighting thieves is annoying, that doesnt make them strong.DE with rifle in particular is very annoying to fight as the deadeye if he is reasonable wont risk his death and will only try to fight visible if he has a positional advantage and the opponent is outranged. so the deadeye will stick to stay stealthed, try a oneshot and restealth till you dont react in time or just leave. i wouldnt call that strong, thats soo weak he has to fight annoying because the risk when not stealthcamping is simply too high.thats why i prefer fighting spellbreakers and nekros, cause i dont have to stealth too much against them as they wont pop into my face the next second.

@Zintrothen.1056 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:"...YET when we have an easily dodgeable skill that can result in one wrong move downing a class outside thief, It suddenly "a skill that should not exist."Because we can all see the invisible bullet coming toward us!This is why people hate thieves. They're annoying and many of their mechanics are OP, while having other mechanics that need improving, but they'll all just ignore the OP stuff and claim that they're weak. So much like how you all tell others to L2P, I'm going to tell you the same. L2P. L2 recognize an OP mechanic when you see one. L2 be reasonable.

I play warrior and necromancer as well. In fact I have every class to level 80 including two each of Engineer and Mesmer in addition to three warriors.

NONE of them have ever died to a DJ shot. DJ is just as easy to dodge or avoid on any of these other classes as it is a thief.

If you can not dodge a DJ shot, or block it or reflect it, yes it is L2p no matter what class you are on. DJ has one of the biggest tells in the game and is hardly an "invisible bullet" and the dodge mechanic on works the same as on any other lcass. Thief does not get "extra special warnings' and it only one button one needs to press on any profession.

I just posted a video (benchmark) by a mesmer player in Mesmer thread (build included)

Also

Another video (benchmark) by a mesmer player (build included)

(Both videos of mesmer= 45.6 dps)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14984/this-is-silly#latest

-Mesmer slowly catching up to thief- 50k-

(this is a demonstration of mesmer damage capability)

@Burnfall.9573 said:I just posted a video (benchmark) by a mesmer player in Mesmer thread (build included)

Also

so you compare 45,6k dps to a 50k hit ? ok cool.

@Burnfall.9573 said:I just posted a video (benchmark) by a mesmer player in Mesmer thread (build included)

Also

PREPATCH

Mesmer is on 31k now, but yeah cool videos bro.

Also

You know this was already nerfed, right? There was a bug where one of the attacks could hit the large hit box twice. They fixed it and I think it brought it down to the 29-31k dps range.

Read the patch notes.

You're talking people don't pay attention, run in straight line etc, don't dodge, etc, like you you do.

It's WvW, people play with one hand one eye, everybody get rekt by glass cannon full buff, food etc, cause they're semi-afk.Yeah it's a montage, so what ? Like Cake etc they don't do montage of noobs panicking ? Please.

Also

Do you know difference between dps and spike damage xD?

@Cynz.9437 said:

Also

Damage is Damage.your point?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Also

OmG. Are you serious or are you pulling my leg right now?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Also

This is just an OMEGALUL

DPS means damage per second, so the statistics say Mesmers deal 31K damage PER SECOND.

Spike damage means damage in a second, or a little interval, Thieves deal 50K spike. Malice fully generates in 8 seconds I guess? (Correct me if I'm wrong) 50K damage in 8 seconds mean 50/8 = 6.25K damage per second.

Or let's multiply Mesmer's damage by 8? 30*8 = 240K damage in 8 seconds.

So if we do a rough calculation, Mesmer deals at least 4 times more damage than thief.

Edit : I'm embarassed because I just took a troll seriously. ;_;

Archived