What Lies Within?

Adry.7512

First off, I want to welcome all new players. Thank you for joining our community and being a part of the GOAT of horizontal progression in MMORPGs GW2 :).

I had a thought...first is what lies beneath, now its what lies within. Yes we are going deeper into the origins BUT....did we forget about the DWARVES??? They went underground to fight Primo's minions...what if they survived and we bump into a new race? What do you guys think?

• Confused 11

30 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

First off, I want to welcome all new players. Thank you for joining our community and being a part of the GOAT of horizontal progression in MMORPGs GW2 :).

I had a thought...first is what lies beneath, now its what lies within. Yes we are going deeper into the origins BUT....did we forget about the DWARVES??? They went underground to fight Primo's minions...what if they survived and we bump into a new race? What do you guys think?

It seems unlikely we will encounter dwarves in the process of following a tunnel back to the surface of Gyala Delve.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It seems unlikely we will encounter dwarves in the process of following a tunnel back to the surface of Gyala Delve.

True, just a thought....they are supposed to be underground.

• Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

Sort of. The last remnants were fighting Primordus in The Depths of Tyria. Most of Primordus' area went nowhere near Cantha. It was very much confined to areas where the Asuran cities were, stretching from the Central Transfer Chamber under Frostgorge moving down to Draconis Mons and back up to the Shiverpeaks. The dwarves fought Destroyers so it doesn't make much sense for them to be across an Ocean on a completely different continent

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Sort of. The last remnants were fighting Primordus in The Depths of Tyria. Most of Primordus' area went nowhere near Cantha. It was very much confined to areas where the Asuran cities were, stretching from the Central Transfer Chamber under Frostgorge moving down to Draconis Mons and back up to the Shiverpeaks. The dwarves fought Destroyers so it doesn't make much sense for them to be across an Ocean on a completely different continent

Thanks for the details, no it doesnt make much sense. Oh well!

23 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

I don't even remember what happened thus far... people were sick... and stuff. Either the story is uninteresting or the patches are too far apart.

It's the same thing that happened around The Deep elite mission in GW1.

People go crazy.
Oni everywhere.
Delve into a mine. Mine leads to cave.
Cave has Nightmare Demon.

Issue is, GW2 is treating it like it's a mysterious mystery that no one could possibly solve! But it's very obviously Kanaxai. Just open a god damned history book, Gorrik. There's Jade Brotherhood telling you the place has history of involving people going insane!

23 hours ago, Adry.7512 said:

Underground... in Tyria.

While GW1 does mention there being found some supposedly Deldrimor artifacts, the dwarves never lived in Cantha for centuries by then, and Primordus did not affect Cantha either - it barely affected Elona. So dwarves would still be centralized in Central Tyria.

The globe of Tyria is not so tiny that after digging about 100 feet in Cantha, you're close to the underground of Tyria. That would make for one weird disc-shaped planet, tbh.

The chances of meeting a wild dwarf in Cantha is extremely slim. Not impossible, mind you, but I'm pretty confident we can cross off the notion of finding dwarves there because they were fighting destroyers in the underground of Cantha. If we meet dwarves there, it's because they were long disconnected from the others somehow, or more likely because post-IBS, some stone dwarves decided to travel to see how the world has changed.

And that latter is... a very interesting notion. Stone dwarf to join Dragon's Watch when.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

While it's hard to say for certain, I think Primordus' tunneling went well beyond the asura cities, as destroyers only pop up where he tunneled, and they pop up not just "from Frostgorge to Draconis Mons and back up to the Shiverpeaks", but also in the Maguuma, Ascalon, and Desert Highlands - both before and during DRMs.

On an aside: Draconis Mons has no relation to the old asuran cities - it was a colony of Rata Novus, built after GW1 and disconnected to the CTC gate network. The asura had six citadel-cities, the CTC being the only one visited by players, while another (Quora Sum) is named. The remaining four are total mysteries, from name to location, as is the location of Quora Sum. Maybe one day we'll get to know a little bit about them...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Hey guy, do we need to get you a book so you can over how that works again? 

With all the jade junk and Asura technology, I wouldn't surprised, if they found a viable way to circumvent nature's restrictions.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What lies within and Gyala Delves are a macrocosmic metaphor for the obvious: turtles.

You look within a turtle's shell and you find: a turtle!

Thus the tunnel will just be a transition map and the actual WLW map will cover Great Turtle Highlands.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

What lies within and Gyala Delves are a macrocosmic metaphor for the obvious: turtles.

You look within a turtle's shell and you find: a turtle!

Thus the tunnel will just be a transition map and the actual WLW map will cover Great Turtle Highlands.

You know what?

I actually kinda hope you're right.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, Adry.7512 said:

What do mind controlling demons in Cantha have to do with the Shiverpeaks Dwarves?

• Like 1