Can we allow players to freestyle their own amulet or at least have more variety of amulets?

I have builds with more defensive traits, but there is not much freedom to work with,

because there is for example no Power/Precision and Toughness amulet.

So I am low-key forced to play meta or glass cannon builds, to have a  good build with synergy.

I am not asking for 1200 toughness, but 900 or something, at least give us more amulets and room to play with, because every number matters in pvp more than in pve.

Edited by Bakabaka.6185
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• Bakabaka.6185 changed the title to Can we allow players to freestyle their own amulet or at least have more variety of amulets?

More build options?
You think this is an MMORPG or something?

-
I agree, however CMC and other PvP addicts have a very different vision for this ghost town. The fewer options available, the better for the bAlanCe of their one and only game-mode and their imaginary roles (teamgriefer, duelboi, etc).

And I actually agree with Hotride, just come to WvW.
In addition to the build variety there, the player activity is x10 + of PvP.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

If they did it will be behind a paywall. Create the problem and sell the solution.

But selling this "solution" would be equivalent to selling a futur "problem"... You'd also have talk about P2W... Dangerous endeavour...

You can have them until some fake, do-nothing top player decides they don't like them anymore, at which point they'll tell the handful of people in charge of balance to remove them and they probably will.

Not only have we never had build freedom when it comes to amulets, but we've also lost many of the amulets we started with for the sake of 'balance' 🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

You can have them until some fake, do-nothing top player decides they don't like them anymore, at which point they'll tell the handful of people in charge of balance to remove them and they probably will.

Not only have we never had build freedom when it comes to amulets, but we've also lost many of the amulets we started with for the sake of 'balance' 🤪

Don't think you played this game in 2012-2016, we had every single stat combo in Spvp and sigil at one point, was a disaster for balance, which is why they got all removed/changed......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Most of the amulets that could promote bunkering got removed cause it slowed the game way down, the amulets that did damage and could bunker on specific professions got removed , for one cause Cele is kitten and the other Cele is builshit and can only be used on few professions while for the rest is useless. It is clear that development has focused on not letting squating on node till the end of the game to be valid way of playing, since it is boring.

I think the expertise amulets removal was a mistake,  instead of balancing the conditions with them in mind we got lazy balance for conditions and even power builds can abuse condion overload without repression.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Pretty sure that was the devs... I miss gems in amulets.

Every now and then you still see some players asking for some amulet to be removed in this subforum. Most amulets with toughness were removed because this subforum population can't stand bunker builds.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Every now and then you still see some players asking for some amulet to be removed in this subforum. Most amulets with toughness were removed because this subforum population can't stand bunker builds.

Is it really the subforum or is it all/most conquest players? Maybe no one wants to sit on a node and fight one person for the entire match. Or have to bring 2 other players to kill 1 build that just doesnt die?

Whoever wants to play a bunker can go in wvw or open world. Ideally that type of gameplay is gone from competitive altogether, but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Is it really the subforum or is it all/most conquest players?

Are you suggesting that the opinions shared on the subforum are universally shared by the vast majority of the players that don't bother coming here to give their own feedback?

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Whoever wants to play a bunker can go in wvw or open world. Ideally that type of gameplay is gone from competitive altogether, but I doubt that will happen.

What I read here is that you don't quite like gameplay diversity and would prefer that other share your opinions.

Imagine:

• [X] don't like bunker because he can't seem to be able to kill them so everybody should hate on bunker.
  • [Y] don't like condibuild because he died from one so everybody should hate on condibuilds.
  • [Z] don't like Strike damage build because he got killed seemingly instantly from nowhere so everybody should hate on strike damage builds.
  • [P] don't like pets because he got killed by one despite the fact that it's an AI so everybody should hate on pets.
  • [Q] don't like boons because he think it's powercreep so everybody should hate on boons.
  • [R] don't like stealth because he can't react to stealthed foes so everybody should hate on stealth.
  • [S] don't like movement skills because he can't seem to be able to catch his foe so everybody shoud hate on movement skills.
  • [T] don't like like the rallying mechanism because he can't seem to be able to stomp fast enough to kill it's foes so everybody should hate on this mechanism.
  • [U] don't like being CC'ed, it prevent him from playing so everybody should hate on CC.
  • [V] don't like a specific kind of trait because they usually proc when he is about to kill a foe or escape a dire situation so everybody should hate on these traits.
  • ... etc.

If you take all the various opinions on this subforum, everybody should hate every single aspect of this game and the one that like some of the various aspect should just get out in WvW or PvE if they want to enjoy these aspects in order to protect the sanctuary of "skilled players" that sPvP is.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Are you suggesting that the opinions shared on the subforum are universally shared by the vast majority of the players that don't bother coming here to give their own feedback?

No, I'm asking you about your statement. It implies, the subforum complained so stats combinations were removed. But is it what the subforum wanted, or is it what the conquest players wanted? IMO the latter. The game mode doesn't work good with bunkers. Not that wvw roaming does.

What I read here is that you don't quite like gameplay diversity and would prefer that other share your opinions.

That is your statement. Bunkering to me is not diversity, bunkering is "I don't want to learn what to dodge, so I'll use a build that soaks up all dmg".

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

If someone asks you to do something stupid, would you do it? What if it was dozens of people. Even if you knew it would upset thousands of people. But you did it because someone or some other small group asked you. 

When making decisions, you need to weigh the risks and benefits. Blaming the couple players who asked for a change they wanted or thought they wanted and not the people who actually had the power over the situation to decide is disingenuous to personal responsibility or in this case, corporate responsibility.

Anet makes the decisions here, and there are always vocal minorities in every area of the world. But at the end of the day, it was their decision alone that destroyed so much potential in the very system they designed.

I guess you could say: "Be careful what you wish for" But I doubt most of the people who asked for these changes even play the game anymore. Those of us who love the game continue to play, and simply lose out on fun. Spvp used to be enjoyable, now it's mediocre. It's simply boring by comparison for a lot of reasons to me, pacing, theorycrafting, teamwork, rotations, positioning, execution of combos. All of them have taken a nosedive. 

I still love this game, and I just brought my gf into it. But I won't be asking her to try spvp. She simply won't have fun. 

They really need to start doing more interesting seasons, use it to playtest different ideas. And when they find one or a few that work well for the playerbase, they should do more of it.

Edited by Loboling.5293
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Amulets...the scapegoat of bad game design choices...

I remember the HoT days. Chronomancers, tempests and druids were the reason defensive amulets were removed. Mercenary amulet was removed because warriors were finally beginning to hit their stride. (Of course, warriors can never have nice things can they...?) And of course, instead of developing more game modes to better make use of these specs, peoples' build choices were cut down instead! All to protect the Glorious Sanctity of Conquest PvP(tm).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/16/2023 at 10:56 PM, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

Don't think you played this game in 2012-2016, we had every single stat combo in Spvp and sigil at one point, was a disaster for balance, which is why they got all removed/changed......

I've played since January of 2013 and I can tell you this is just untrue.

Here's a comprehensive list of every amulet that does or has existed in PvP since launch: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:PvP_amulets

Here's a list of every possible 3 stat or higher combinations available in the game: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations#Three_or_more_attributes

I'm not trying to be pedantic in stating this. I've seen your other posts and you seem like a reasonable and level-headed person, which is rarity as far as these forums go. My main concern is how much say the top players have in balance, and how if they don't like something; even an option that everyone has access to, they have the authority to have that option removed from the game and then call it balanced.

• Like 3

I like to spvp, often.   But I also wvw, often.   However that said, I use pvp as a base for testing builds out.   If I can make it work in pvp it will hella sure work in wvw.   Imo pvp is way more balanced compared to other modes because of the current limitations.   I also agree I don’t want to see a Druid face tank a team of 5 for the entire duration of the match.   I see people saying chrono bunker nerf nerf nerf.   Lol, you should have been around for the actual bunker meta.

We do need something like this. 

Removing toughness/vitality from the game was a mistake, because they make tanky specs harder to balance in the long run. 

One one hand, players can't easily invest into tank stats to become tankier.

On the other hand, players don't NEED to invest into tank stats to become tankier. We've removed that tuning knob from the game.

This frees them up to run more more offensive stats for pressure, or healing power for better sustain. 

Resulting in either tanks that hurt more than they should (Catalyst) or tanks who sustain more than they should (Bladesworn).

I know what Anet was trying to do when they removed most of these stats, but it ended up hurting the game in the long term. 

• Thanks 2

On 5/18/2023 at 12:14 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Imagine:

• [X] don't like bunker because he can't seem to be able to kill them so everybody should hate on bunker.
  • [Y] don't like condibuild because he died from one so everybody should hate on condibuilds.
  • [Z] don't like Strike damage build because he got killed seemingly instantly from nowhere so everybody should hate on strike damage builds.
  • [P] don't like pets because he got killed by one despite the fact that it's an AI so everybody should hate on pets.
  • [Q] don't like boons because he think it's powercreep so everybody should hate on boons.
  • [R] don't like stealth because he can't react to stealthed foes so everybody should hate on stealth.
  • [S] don't like movement skills because he can't seem to be able to catch his foe so everybody shoud hate on movement skills.
  • [T] don't like like the rallying mechanism because he can't seem to be able to stomp fast enough to kill it's foes so everybody should hate on this mechanism.
  • [U] don't like being CC'ed, it prevent him from playing so everybody should hate on CC.
  • [V] don't like a specific kind of trait because they usually proc when he is about to kill a foe or escape a dire situation so everybody should hate on these traits.
  • ... etc.

If you take all the various opinions on this subforum, everybody should hate every single aspect of this game and the one that like some of the various aspect should just get out in WvW or PvE if they want to enjoy these aspects in order to protect the sanctuary of "skilled players" that sPvP is.

Imagine writing a wall of text while completely ignoring the fact that the same post you're quoting states: tanking build are a  problem in gw2 balance, especially in a gamemode where the main objective is to hold nodes. the fact that you don't realize it is probably because you don't kite well enough to abuse such mechanics to their full extent, hence why you advocate for "build diversity" while including tanky amulet, eventually, once you get above gold 2,  you will learn how unfun is to chase classes that spam invuln while healing themeslves and kite 2-3 people chasing them

• Confused 1