Taking a bird out to dinner

Vavume.8065

10 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

I saw 3 options , didn't even read the two other , i just saw "canach" and hoped he will come in his new fancy costume , and i was not dissapointed .

What dissapoints me is that anet obviously took all the ressource of the story in that part , the rest of the story was blablabla collect crates , read some books , remind all the fellows you loosed 

Hide contents

who the hell is Vlast ... ah yeah the dragon we saw 30 secs and who act as a voiceover for nearly 50% of path of fire ...

and all the other "snowflake"and "cringe" stuff ... If that was the true ending of Eod , i will do like dragon ball Gt , pretend it no exist.

I cannot say this is a ending for EoD since we had that in the finale of EoD.

These new living world stories feels like Interludes/filler storylines that just happen to happen during the time between the Main storyline which in this case between EoD and the new storyline beginning next expansion. 

No real connection beyond being set after events of EoD, characters we know getting involved, and in Cantha. Mostly there just to finish off side stories left unfinished separately. Heck, the Demon was not even really defeated but just sealed away in the deepest part of the Deep after it was defeated which will one day become a issue again once someone from the future dig into the Deep again and release it. 

This first Interlude seem to be just resolving the Energy crisis in one simple two part Episode. 

Unless the next Episode starts creating a long term connection, I won't be surprised if it feels a bit disconnected like a Filler Episode in a show.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, Vavume.8065 said:

I did not expect to be forced into taking a female Tengu out to dinner, and even had the option to flirt with it..  eewww disgusting... where was the human female option? the story just reached a new low.

So in a game with enchanted sentient plants, cross-breeds of a cat and a bull, giant humanoids, anthropomorphic rats, a...bird on two legs is all of a sudden a bridge too far...

Noted...

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

if you're charr, then the character you spend the most time with in the story is rytlock by far, likely making you two very close. even for non-charr, rytlock probably has the highest amount of appearances.

have you ever thought about why the commander knows how soft his fur is?

they couldn't include him because it was just be too easy; by sheer presence alone he would probably be the closet thing the commander has to a partner. that's part of why they had to write him off with crecia, because it was just getting to be a bit too much, with him only absent for part of living world seasons 1 & 2.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

All fun aside, the options for our memories/remorse and the dinner date to me seemed like someone had written down several random story NPC names, put them into a hat and then had a colleague pull the requested amount out: "Okay then, let's use these, because... why not?" 😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

All fun aside, the options for our memories/remorse and the dinner date to me seemed like someone had written down several random story NPC names, put them into a hat and then had a colleague pull the requested amount out: "Okay then, let's use these, because... why not?" 😉

I felt pretty much the same. Imho Yao was in there, because Anet wants to push EoD characters. And the Tengu too. probably, but she was not really a significant character until now. I would even have prefered Faren. (But then again: Faren vs Canach would be WAY too much of a difficult choice to make here.)

Also, and thats obviously a very personal way to look at it, but I have problems to imagine the commander as a real "character", rather than a walking plot device that does anything more than bashing heads in and solving problems. Part of that comes from the fact that the commander has no name, wich creates a certain distance. I can't really put my finger on it, but the commander feels like an "uncanny" character: Kinda fleshed out, but also kinda not. I lack the ability to express myself more articulate here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't think it's a big deal. The story made it pretty clear this is a one-off based on who was available at the time (yes they could have made anyone available but I think that was meant to indicate that none of them are necessarily your characters first choice, or even top 3). Also you had the option to keep it completely platonic throughout, if you chose to flirt you can't blame Anet for your choice.

I'm going to do this 11 times sooner or later because all my permanent characters are making their way through the story, so I'll pick all of them multiple times and none of those choices will have anything to do with me as a real-person, it will be based on what my characters would decide in that moment.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:13 AM, EdwinLi.1284 said:

No real connection beyond being set after events of EoD, characters we know getting involved, and in Cantha. Mostly there just to finish off side stories left unfinished separately. Heck, the Demon was not even really defeated but just sealed away in the deepest part of the Deep after it was defeated which will one day become a issue again once someone from the future dig into the Deep again and release it. 

This first Interlude seem to be just resolving the Energy crisis in one simple two part Episode. 

Unless the next Episode starts creating a long term connection, I won't be surprised if it feels a bit disconnected like a Filler Episode in a show.

Um, the demon was killed on the surface, there is not a single thing talking about sealing it away.

You seal the passageway to ensure that while the main Oni is lured to the surface, the much weaker demonic masses are kept from following in the same way, So the big demon who is causing the haze gets killed off.

On 5/27/2023 at 4:40 AM, Andy.5981 said:

I chose all three across three character runs and got the hidden achievment as a result 🙂 

Oh ho. Tempting now. I didn't think they had put any side achievements in until after I finished and saw there was a library book one, and I was hoping for more interaction with the cargo boxes. 😞

On 5/27/2023 at 10:00 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

They had to be A; unresolved memories, so "Eir, Trahearne, mentor" are all out.

The dinner date? Local npcs who are friendly to the commander. There wasn't that much of a requirement there, just somebody who could make it to a meet up that night without traveling across the world.

• Confused 2

That "

Spoiler

let me see your scars and I'll let you see mine

" gave me some zoophilia feeling, but then if I played as Charr I guess it would have been fine... or maybe not, a feline with a bird... hmm, I still feel uncomfortable.

Canach had definitely the best lines for me.

Edited by Urud.4925