My suggestion to make pvp are less toxic place to be

Lets face it. Pvp is not a nice place or any good place to be right now. Something needs to be done. if u make some small changes it might be a better place.

1. Do not show account names or character names.

2. Do not show others titles or pvp gizmos.

3. Get ride of that after match standin up there and dancing thing it does not bring anything good to the game and Do not show who won the match affter you are teleported back in town. 

I think this way u make a much less toxic environment. 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

3. Get ride of that after match standin up there and dancing thing it does not bring anything good to the game and Do not show who won the match affter you are teleported back in town. 

I think instead of this, anet should just remove the defeated character models and let the winners dance. There should be a reward for winning but it shouldn't be tied to mocking the losers. 

Should also remove the arena interruption console/have it do something that isn't bothering other players just trying to fight there.

Nah, I want to associate behavior with account names. 

I feel like the titles/gizmos being shown off is the whole point, and that there's a better solution than this. Perhaps adjusting the way they can be obtained is better than hiding them altogether.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I think instead of this, anet should just remove the defeated character models and let the winners dance. There should be a reward for winning but it shouldn't be tied to mocking the losers. 

Should also remove the arena interruption console/have it do something that isn't bothering other players just trying to fight there.

Nah, I want to associate behavior with account names. 

I feel like the titles/gizmos being shown off is the whole point, and that there's a better solution than this. Perhaps adjusting the way they can be obtained is better than hiding them altogether.

no 1 cares about peoples paid and win traded gizmo's. when a match start is not funny for people who are new to the game to see that the other team maby be top 10 pvp player. it really kills the fun for most. 

Edited by Nightcore.5621

11 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

no 1 cares about peoples paid and win traded gizmo's.

when a match start is not funny for people who are new to the game to see that the other team maby be top 10 pvp player.

It can't be both. Either you don't care or you think it's a sign you're about to get washed. I don't think new players know what  a gizmo is, and the people that -do- know what a gizmo is know that there's  a 50/50 shot that person paid for the illusion of competence. The benefit of removing them from view is marginal (when it comes to reducing toxicity in game.) 

Gizmos and titles are fine, but the avenues to get them should be more moderated/less susceptible to win-trade.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

I'm saying hi to players I regularly fight with/against, they say hi too. I even get added to friends sometimes. In fact I enjoy the match more when I'm up against someone good and who I Iike to fight.

Why would you ever remove names?

There are a few toxic players sure, but what game doesnt have them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Lets face it. Pvp is not a nice place or any good place to be right now. Something needs to be done. if u make some small changes it might be a better place.

PvP is about competition. You want to engage with others, and defeat them, without throwing punches in real life or trying to get each other fired at the workplace. It's a mock battle, and as such it indeed doesn't have to be toxic. So what have you come up with, that lets us show off in a more positive manner?

Not knowing who we fight, this is weird because name recognition is a huge part of the social aspect... but go on.

So you don't know who you fight, and when you see people outside of the arena you can't tell if they earned a title or not... what's the point of the comp... ooh I'm starting to get it!

Yes, I was right! This is actually brilliant. By eliminating competition, you eliminate the PvP enviroment in its entirety, therefore all problems with PvP are gone, ranging from balance to toxicity. You can't whisper the enemy to troll them, you can't whisper them to have a conversation at all, you can't invite them for the next tourney, you can't do anything, so there is no room for making mistakes... the perfect utopia!

I can only think of one possible addition to make this even better: make it so that we can't see each others forum posts. Different opinions can cause stress, and you wouldn't want people coming to this forum to feel discomfort. I think OP would be more than happy to volunteer for beta testing of this function. We are building a better tomorrow togheter!

• Haha 3

toxic is part of pvp. nothing wrong with that.

so long its only.about the game and not get personal about real life 

in every sport ppl trash talk. why should computer games be so different from the real world.

i personal feel fun when ppl show passion for the match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/30/2023 at 10:24 AM, Nightcore.5621 said:

I Sympathize and agree with you. I find Shame and Humiliation; a tool of Toxicity, when players would stand on the podium after their team won the match. It is creates an Attitude of Entitlement for the the winning team and a feeling of  Underappreciation for the losing team.

Names, Titles, Status, Profession-Favoritism, Profession-Bias, ; creates a sense of not belonging. It effects players ability to not participate fully in PvP. The ability to go Afk when the game design and Profession design including environment...works against players who are underperforming and when the game design and Professions are designed with cutthroat ideology to boost overperforming  Professions to secure wins...no matter what. 

PvP Toxic Environment, destroys  Enthusiasm, Commitment, Performance and Motivation.

Toxicity-determines the conduct of PvP culture and its environment

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

toxic is part of pvp. nothing wrong with that.

No it isn't. Nobody gains anything from it. It is neither healthy, virtuous, or honourable; just abusive, off-putting social degeneracy. It is bad for the soul.

so long its only.about the game and not get personal about real life 

I agree, friendly competitive banter is fine, and is as different to toxicity as night and day. Banter is all kept within the game, and it is usually between two people that have competed together long enough to justify it with dignity and respect still afforded to their fellow competitor.

There's no justification or reasoning to disrespecting some rando player that one does not know. That isn't banter, that's toxicity.

in every sport ppl trash talk. why should computer games be so different from the real world.

The difference between IRL sport and gaming is anonymity. It is harder to blur the lines with IRL sport, because many of the people involved will know and respect eachother because they aren't protected by a screen and username if they say something truly heinous.

With computer games the anonymity afforded allows people to insult random strangers without consequence, and then to further disrespect their fellow by making them seem like the crazy ones when they inevitably fire back. There's also no way to determine tone, intention, or body language that would exist in the IRL counterpart.

i personal feel fun when ppl show passion for the match.

Passion for thy craft is a beautiful thing to have, but toxicity is less about passion and more about obsession.
"He that followeth after righteousness and kindness findeth life, love, and honour." -Book of Proverbs, 21:21 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

No it isn't. Nobody gains anything from it. It is neither healthy, virtuous, or honourable; just abusive, off-putting social degeneracy. It is bad for the soul.

I agree, friendly competitive banter is fine, and is as different to toxicity as night and day. Banter is all kept within the game, and it is usually between two people that have competed together long enough to justify it with dignity and respect still afforded to their fellow competitor.

There's no justification or reasoning to disrespecting some rando player that one does not know. That isn't banter, that's toxicity.

The difference between IRL sport and gaming is anonymity. It is harder to blur the lines with IRL sport, because many of the people involved will know and respect eachother because they aren't protected by a screen and username if they say something truly heinous.

With computer games the anonymity afforded allows people to insult random strangers without consequence, and then to further disrespect their fellow by making them seem like the crazy ones when they inevitably fire back. There's also no way to determine tone, intention, or body language that would exist in the IRL counterpart.

Passion for thy craft is a beautiful thing to have, but toxicity is less about passion and more about obsession.
"He that followeth after righteousness and kindness findeth life, love, and honour." -Book of Proverbs, 21:21 🙏

agree but to be fair in game u can block ppl something u cant do in real life. so to a certain amount listen to things ppl say something u can shut down with 2 clicks.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

agree but to be fair in game u can block ppl something u cant do in real life. so to a certain amount listen to things ppl say something u can shut down with 2 clicks.

Fair enough, but blocking doesn't remove the toxicity. It just makes one unable to perceive it.
Personally, I follow a simple creed: "If you can't ignore an insult, top it. If you can't top it, laugh it off. And if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

Only blocked one person over 11 years of play, and it is the same someone that has blocked well over a thousand players, renaming them all to 'bad' on their Twitch streams. Really, even blocking can be wielded toxically. One time I loaded into a Ranked match, absolutely hammered, and I said "Play to play, and not to win, and you will find victory." 🙏 to which one of my teammates replied "blocked and reported"
And they weren't joking, but they also AFK'd, so maybe they might have just been blocking out of anticipation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nah, a little bit of drama is fine and theres always some tension when there is competition. 

Its the same in sports and dealing with oponents on the mental level is part of it. 

Players that take it to far, beyond the match probably have some personal issues so just pitty them. 

This is actually an interesting idea. I'd be really curious to see how some changes like this would pan out.

No character names, default models, no titles or guilds, no typing allowed, solo queue only for ranked, only thing allowed is map drawing and pings. Could use a hold and drag alert system like LoL. I feel like way more people would play without the toxicity or unbalanced nature of queueing solo against a duo.

• Like 1

I just had a couple of matches where I stated to the team that we were getting wrecked because we were a bad comp vs a very good comp, and a couple of people started bashing me that I was bad at power chrono and essentially why we lost. Like they actually expected me to carry the team or something...when I'm getting wrecked by a rev, support guard, two thieves, and a necro. One guy then went on to say I wasn't good at power chrono and it is the second hardest class in the game to play and I should drop it. He also claimed gold 3 is the average pvp rating, and assumed I was gold 1 and would stay gold 1 forever. I looked up his name and he's ranked in the 30s for the season, but also said he duoQ's. So idk, the game is toxic af and it seems like the people in the higher ratings are the most toxic from my experience. I think this would happen in any game, but it is super off-putting that the people who play a lot and have high ranking in the game mode bash lower ranked players with 0 regard or consideration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

assumed I was gold 1 and would stay gold 1 forever. I looked up his name and he's ranked in the 30s for the season, but also said he duoQ's. So idk, the game is toxic af and it seems like the people in the higher ratings are the most toxic

Have to realize most p1-p2 duos are average players taking advantage of a dead ladder. If they're top 30 and playing in a game with g2-3 pugs it's on them to win the map and take the matchups you (the gold pug) can't win. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ccccc.4963 said:

Have to realize most p1-p2 duos are average players taking advantage of a dead ladder. If they're top 30 and playing in a game with g2-3 pugs it's on them to win the map and take the matchups you (the gold pug) can't win. 

Which is why I lost -8 rating while they lost around -13, make sense.