Condition damage in smal scale

Sansar.1302

As a baseline, ignoring runes/sigils/trait/class/buffs:

In dire gear a bleed stack does around 100 damage a second and a burn stack 350 damage a second. This is the same for all classes.

In zerker gear, lets say a warrior greatsword autoattack does around 800 damage twice a second (chain does more and adds vouln, lets take lowest and just assume some toughness) and more than 2x if it crits, so lets say on average maybe 2-3000 damage a second.

TL;DR unless you've been living under a rock for a decade, its never been about condi damage its about the amount of stacks very specific builds can output, just like the insane damage very specific power builds can output.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

What is a plauge right now and that Anet apparently think is totally ok because they even buffed it in the last ballance patch with duration, is the imobalize condition and the entangle on top of that. Some classes can kitten out imoba like there is no tomorrow and at the same time it is also among the last to be cleansed and even if you cleanse the imoba you still have to do damage to the entangle in which the ranger can apply again from the other side of the map. This is a condition that should not be spamable in the way it is today it is far to powerful because of needing so many cleanses to even get to it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

As a baseline, ignoring runes/sigils/trait/class/buffs:

In dire gear a bleed stack does around 100 damage a second and a burn stack 350 damage a second. This is the same for all classes.

In zerker gear, lets say a warrior greatsword autoattack does around 800 damage twice a second (chain does more and adds vouln, lets take lowest and just assume some toughness) and more than 2x if it crits, so lets say on average maybe 2-3000 damage a second.

TL;DR unless you've been living under a rock for a decade, its never been about condi damage its about the amount of stacks very specific builds can output, just like the insane damage very specific power builds can output.

Dont think ANY power build in wvw is op or even strong rigth now 😕

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Always smart move nerf condi damage whole when couple problem specs puke too much conditions. It's always funny play core condi necro and try to destroy sieges. Takes like forever if you don't use elite while power specs destroy siege like 10 times faster. Of course somebody come whine about boon corruption, but nobody force you spam boons.

Edited by Junkpile.7439

This morning; the Guilds members had a meeting, discussing were we stand and were to go on from here.

Many of the players play other competitor games together; including myself.

Many of us are Guild Wars 2 Veterans, with the remaining with 9 years experience.

The Guild Leaders and party players are deciding to either stay or leave, after the next patch.

There will be a vote after the next patch to make our final decision.

- We all come to realizations including The Community that, whenever we raise our concerns to Anet,, they respond by intentionally increasing our concerns even more.

Leaa; Correct! this is how Anet treat the Community. They .Punish us more by increasing Conditions. 

Whenever The Community complains about our bad experience....increase it more and more

This is how we have been treated throughout the years; Punish The Community Whoever They Complain

To where the Guilds and its Party players stand, Anet has no desire to turn the game into a healthy competitive experience. 

Anet took us for granted for far too long;  its either change for the better or to walk away for the better.

Toxicity Is The Money Maker In Guild Wars 2

If you want to find Happiness; look elsewhere.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

This morning; the Guilds members had a meeting, discussing were we stand and were to go on from here.

Many of the players play other competitor games together; including myself.

Many of us are Guild Wars 2 Veterans, with the remaining with 9 years experience.

The Guild Leaders and party players are deciding to either stay or leave, after the next patch.

- We all come to realizations including The Community that, whenever we raise our concerns to Anet,, they respond by intentionally increasing our concerns even more.

Leaa; Correct! this is how Anet treat the Community. They .Punish us more by increasing Conditions. 

Whenever The Community complains about our bad experience....increase it more and more

This is how we have been treated throughout the years; Punish The Community Whoever They Complain

To where the Guilds and its Party players stand, Anet has no desire to turn the game into a healthy competitive experience. 

Anet took us for granted for far too long;  its either change for the better or to walk away for the better.

Toxicity Is The Money Maker In Guild Wars 2

If you want to find Happiness; look elsewhere.

Can I have all of your and your guild’s stuff?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

It sounds like you have been playing for too long. A break is overdue to get some distance to see if you still want to do all this or if you are just playing out of habit and because of the emotional connection to other players.

I played for 1 year (after release) and then stopped because I moved and never came back. Only after 7 years break I wanted to look in again. And have stayed so far.

I can't complain about Condi (play Condi and Power in WvW). Whereby it seems that here is no distinction between Condi and pure CC. The one makes damage and the other is just annoying.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

This, even with my own condi builds I stay away from bunkering stats knowing how cheap it is.

And then you get beaten by people who don't give a crap about your code of honour and play condi build with bunker stats. I give you a suggestion if it's in-game...use it till removed. Once I level the playing field...I stop having issues

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

And then you get beaten by people who don't give a crap about your code of honour and play condi build with bunker stats. I give you a suggestion if it's in-game...use it till removed. Once I level the playing field...I stop having issues

Dude, we all did that. Its not like the cele buff/power nerf was two weeks ago. Its fun for a couple of hours to faceroll everything while beeing virtually unkillable but then it starts killing braincells and you just log off and play something else.

@ topic: Pure condi is actually bad in smallscale due to the amount of remove that can be stacked easily in Wv W with broken sigils and runes like cleansing/antitoxin.

Edited by schloumou.3982
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Condition damage should be an additional effect with about maximum 500 damage per second total.

We already went thru mass nerfs for both power and condi that many would question why for? Why would we further impact on top of that the power/condi balance that took years to achieve before the noodle patch. Again since it seems to be a theme, tanks and sustain build weren't calling for nerfs when the noodle patch dropped. Negative one here, power and condi were in pretty good spots even before the noodle patch.

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

We already went thru mass nerfs for both power and condi that many would question why for? Why would we further impact on top of that the power/condi balance that took years to achieve before the noodle patch. Again since it seems to be a theme, tanks and sustain build weren't calling for nerfs when the noodle patch dropped. Negative one here, power and condi were in pretty good spots even before the noodle patch.

I firmly believe they nerfed power way more than they nerfed condition damage at that time two years ago