Unfair treatment to the Red Team Again.

babana.7521

EDIT: WvW is a competitive game mode, move the point to Emberfang Crag please. stop treating the Red team unfairly

Aside from having the worse red keep on EBG, its borderland is the biggest to run around in (which I love). not only that, with the Mist Research Achievement, you made red team run all the way to the north on alpine borderland to get the Hero's point, but let blue and green team easily getting the southern hero's point.....HOW IS THAT FAIR TO THE RED TEAM? 

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 8

39 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

Aside from having the worse red keep on EBG, its borderland is the biggest to run around in (which I love). not only that, with the Mist Research Achievement, you made red team run all the way to the north on alpine borderland to get the Hero's point, but let blue and green team easily getting the southern hero's point.....HOW IS THAT FAIR TO THE RED TEAM? 

It is not that far from garri.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

but let blue and green team easily getting the southern hero's point.....HOW IS THAT FAIR TO THE RED TEAM? 

Wait until you want to go into SM, where enemy zergs are hiding/camping near the lord room to farm players that come in for the hero point. 😎

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Wait until you want to go into SM, where enemy zergs are hiding/camping near the lord room to farm players that come in for the hero point. 😎

I walked in while there was a fight going on and interacted with it while the fight moved into one of the adjacent corridors. It doesn't take that long to get the achievement step.

considering the achievement only gives you the ability to buy an infusion that cost 5k tickets... not getting instant access to it seems fine. I had no trouble running up the BL's especially outside of prime time. as far as SMC you only need to interact with the hero point, you don't need to complete the channel. 

• Like 1

I just got my warclaw and got to it, i mean, if you can't do it, there will be other times, you don't have to do it now, especially if you don't have 5k skirmish tickets. I mean, one of the requirements is SM, is it unfair if your team doesn't hold SM right now?

I even ran into a red team on the Skritt hero point, and i just moved to the side while they got theirs, they went on their way, we jumped up and down on the warclaw a few times, said goodbye, and i got my hero point.

If someone's camping them, get a few people together in /t chat, someone will come.

1 hour ago, FaisanRosadoDulce.7680 said:

People are really camping those? I never encountered anybody in those areas of the map(s).

I ran into small havoc squads at each, but its a pvp mode where you get credit and rewards for player kills so I dont hold it against them.

Most of your points are valid, except for the few leaning slightly towards name calling. 

It just isn't fair to the read team. Red  even have to run all the way to the south on THEIR OWN borderland to get the hero point.  Blue and Green team just need to run from Citadel to the left and right for the points. 

This is a competitive game mode, move the point to the north in Emberfang Crag, the Wyvern camp! 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It is not that far from garri.... 

It is not about how far it is, it's a bout fairness. That needs to be moved to Emberfang Crag. It isn't like there aren't any other hero's point on the Red borderland other than the southern most one. 

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

It is not about how far it is, it's a bout fairness. That needs to be moved to Emberfang Crag. It isn't like there aren't any other hero's point on the Red borderland other than the southern most one. 

Its more like they hit the three sides of the each BL and putting the one at the bottom for RBL had the least distance for a home BL for one of the bottom ones.

25 minutes ago, T G.7496 said:

Are you on red team every week?

This is a permanent, optional addition to the game. You have plenty of time to take a detour some other week.

That's not the point, competitive game mode needs to be fair.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is precisely the point.

It is fair because if you play the mode for more than one week the chances are you will find yourself having played as each of the three team colours in as little as three weeks, maybe longer, but for sure eventually.

And it's the same for everyone.

Which is fair.

Edited by T G.7496
  • Like 1

red yall have the HILL in EBG but no Red Commanders ever use it strategically.           

I have tried to build an outpost there by myself, and its very hard to build and run supply and defend the Hill Outpost by myself when none of the Red Commanders help out in quickly building it and defending it for the offense.  

I broke this strategy down in detail about 4 years ago 

16 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

EDIT: WvW is a competitive game mode, move the point to Emberfang Crag please. stop treating the Red team unfairly

I am on the red team currently and easily got the collection done on Tuesday after the patch, no big deal. 
If you are not good enough to reach the hero points, go with a group or wait for reset. 

Edited by vares.8457

Looking at the map it seems Stoic waypoint may be closer to the hero point than the southern blue and green waypoints. It's a straight path down through the ruins from Stoic. If you are that concerned just take a thief, you can commune with the hero points while stealthed. 

Just to return to this discussion briefly...

I completed the whole collection this morning (apart from smc - I'll get that at some point over the next few days, I'm sure) - I think it took me maybe 15 minutes, tops. And I wasn't rushing.

I really think you are arguing over degrees of triviality.

Also, as Connor pointed towards, Stoic is not only I agree very slightly closer than green/blue spawn but the ruins on red map are almost always red, which means you can glide out of Stoic a good way before your little legs even have to carry you anywhere.

But again, degrees of triviality.

(edit: smc done, ez)

Edited by T G.7496
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

We all know it is dangerous there. I really dont like going too far from portal on my pew pew ranger. But this achievement took less than 15 minutes to complete. People are crying about no content bla bla bla, and when they finally give us something you are crying again how hard, boring, unbalanced it is. 😂

9 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

That's not the point, competitive game mode needs to be fair.

You are making a very strange argument based only which position on map a Hero Point/Challenge will be because of map colour? I have done most HP in WvW sooner or later and most other WvWer and PvEer (yes those had to go and get all HP in the old days where we didn't have expac or could exchange/buy with WvW currencies Hero Points for training our builds to unlock new elites fast).

Normally you and your server (World) will be on a rotation where you change colour on map and which map that will be your home base. And for as you say it is a competitive mode which mean you tag up yourself with squad tag and get some people that also need to get there and have that as an objective to fight/defend while other channel. In worse situation go there when most other are sleeping or having their Ktrain focused on other things. It is not hard to follow flow and ebb in WvW in map chat and team chat for your own server.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

In the morning I run with a WvW guild on my main account. Just recently, I've also started running evenings in WvW with an alt account on a different server. Don't have a WvW guild for the alt account yet, so I just run with whichever tags are open when I log in. The first night the Mist Research achievement was introduced, the tag I was following took folks to all the neccessary hp points but one, the skritt hp. I had to run across the map to get that one myself and did so without any problems. The next morning, the tag from my WvW guild, led us to all the hps except SMC, which for that entire run was held by an enemy too strong for us to take on. So I just kept popping into WvW later in the day until we had SMC, and I promptly got the hp there. So for me, completing the Mist Research achievement on two accounts was no big deal.

On my main  account, I have all the WvW leggies, so I have piles of unused skirmish tickets there. Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and bought one of the new Mist infusions. Personally, I wasn't at all impressed by it.