Warrior Balance Changes

DanAlcedo.3281

30 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Fueki.4753 hmm yea fair point. I mean im simply find it better to let professions gain boons. Tho i gues in this way there where no other way to deal with it sadly. But still it will be better than just that banner build that we use now. Also i want the to complete rework banners (and its traitline) just to make finaly something like heal/supp warr variable. Never give up xD!

I would actually prefer, if Arenanet tuned down boons and power creep to pre-HoT levels and gave us back our unique buffs.

Unique buffs at least had some resemblance of profession flavour, unlike blanket-applied generic boons.

And by tuning down the power creep, elite specialization could finally become true side-grades to core professions, which they originally were announced as.

But like with nearly everything else I proposed on the forums, these changes are extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

What about the first few seconds of combat? Or pre-combat buffing phases? Neither of these situations allow for Warrior to provide boons, because Warrior is required to build up Adrenaline first.

And when there are intermission phases with no enemies to hit (like the Storm phase in Sunqua Peak, if I remember correctly), boons provided by Warrior drop off.

There are a quite some situations when Warrior's Bursts simply are inferior to how other professions provide Alacrity and Quickness.

And even if it somehow works, what else does Warrior bring to the table that other builds of the same role don't provide better?

Unless I missed it shouldn't Banner of Tactics still have it's base quickness?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Unless I missed it shouldn't Banner of Tactics still have it's base quickness?

That'd miss the alleged point of this whole rework though, since they don't want people to run specific utilities for Alacrity/Quickness.

But the alleged point being missed is nothing new.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2

Uncessary rework for arc divider.

Alac should be on Immortal Dragon. Not nuking the one cool trait Bladesworn has.

RIP Dolyak Signet CD forever.

...Guess I'll go back to running Rev. Fk Warrior, seriously pretty clear no one at ANet wants to give it anything unique or fun.

Edited by TyrantPuppy.1893
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That'd miss the alleged point of this whole rework though, since they don't want people to run specific utilities for Alacrity/Quickness.

I thought the point was that players aren't supposed to spam utility type XYZ on cooldown to get quickness/ alacrity? In that regard there wouldn't be anything wrong with 1 banner still giving quickness on cast.

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But the alleged point being missed is nothing new.

Sadly one of the few areas in which Anet is consistent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

I thought the point was that players aren't supposed to spam utility type XYZ on cooldown to get quickness/ alacrity? In that regard there wouldn't be anything wrong with 1 banner still giving quickness on cast.

Sadly one of the few areas in which Anet is consistent.

ANet does rather consistently see a point they need to arrive at in terms of solutions, but take this winding, twisting and turning path to get there...and still don't get there. They miss it by several degrees.

Examples of that? Spellbreaker. There was a time earlier in its life where its sustain was immensely overwhelming, much like happened with Bladesworn, due to Adrenal Health and Might Makes Right in conjunction and the genuine solution to that at the time would have been to make it so that Adrenal Health did not proc simply off of Full Counter being activated instead of it proccing from actually landing a hit, like every other burst skill (save Longbow) required. They did that...6 years later.

Another example? Mirage. Mirages were tremendously irritating to kill in PvP and it was due to their evades and having a lot of them, but the chief issue was that they could still activate Mirage Cloak, their dodge, while CC'd making it so that even if you did catch them with something it meant nothing. How did they approach it? They took away one of Mirages dodges. They are now finally doing what needed to be done, again, 6 years ago with this upcoming Balance Patch.

These are just two examples that stick out to me of ANet seeing an issue, knowing the point they need to get to in order to solve it...and they just completely whoosh by it thus creating another problem that won't get resolved, seemingly, for years and they consistently do this.

I'm glad CMC and Roy are doing this stuff finally, but I don't know WHAT the previous team/leads were doing and yet even the current ones are still exhibiting the same patterns as before.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

I swear if they do not Change Arc divider cause of peops crying litterly about loosing bit fat Animation I will crying in pain lols xd

yea, unless people just want dead power berserker in anything else other than fighting pocket raptors.

cause despite the fact of decent DPS benchmark, power berserker is still trash in actual real scenario, due to the heavy lose of damage when losing berserk.

also having quicker arc divider also make you easier time to actually chain for rage skill to extend berserk. instead of being stuck in some long channeling animation that you already have with axe 5.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

flaming flurry seems like a strong buff imo together with blood reaction and bloody roar it makes more sense now. berserker has always been a hybrid spec so making more use of it seems fine. I don'T agree with the arc divider nerf. think it looked good and also allowed better punishment of players that wanted to gain distance, but are too slow thus taking the hits. it also was good for getting rid of aegis. even if it somehow does more dmg total than previously(when counting in all hits) it is still less useful as it gonna be on cooldown sooner. however if you plan to use it more in berserk than a short activation time is better.

spellbreaker change seems fine. wastrel's has always been punishing for not activation skills and getting rid of boons seems like a nice addition. the added barrier on bladestorm doesn't really make sense tho.

daring dragon is a trait I wanted to play for a long time. together witht he reduced cd of rifle skills it might be turned into a pretty fast rotation for alac upkeep. question is if you get so much flow via skills and traits, that you don't lose flow due to too high conversion rate.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:00 PM, Arewn.2368 said:

I'm finding it really weird that Berserker is the quickness support espec instead of Spellbreaker. Especially since it seems like Arena Net does not intend to release any more elite specs, at least for the foreseeable future. It leaves warrior as a whole in a dead-end for a full-support spec.

I love where SpellBreaker is right now. I think it's my favorite warrior build in the game's history, and I don't particularly want to play it as quickness support. But I still think SpellBreaker would have made the most sense as the spec that can do a support build.
It already has a 'supportive' theme. And mechanically there's a lot of room for support skills. Meditation skills, which are pretty lackluster across the board, could use a rework anyways. And as a utility category they are well suited to support. Full Counter could easily have a Grand Master trait that modifies it into a supportive/quickness role. Plus it already synergies well with Martial Cadence to offer further support.

On the other hand, thematically Berserker just makes more sense as the pure DPS spec. Mechanically it's already split between condi and power. Rage skill don't offer any support, and the spec mechanic doesn't offer any either, nor is it suited to do so. So it's a complete dead end as a support spec outside of quickness DPS.

There's a bit of room in BladeSworn for support, electric Fence gives us a reliable projectile blocking at least (I know... low bar). And you can feasibly take warhorn on your weapon set I guess? But Dragon Trigger is so restrictive. It doesn't offer the flexibility that support builds need in order to respond to things.

An example of a Full Counter support Grand Master trait:

Counter Reversion
Reuse your enemies' shattered magics to evade attacks and provide quickness to allies. 1/2 sec of evasion, 5 sec of quickness. 
Triggers all Burst and Full Counter traits immediately on use. 
(No longer channeled, does not require being hit first, no longer deals damage)

I completely agree! Zerker getting a support dps build seems very out of place imo. I like your idea for a new GM trait. I was thinking they could rework Revenge Counter to cause your burst skills to apply quick and maybe FC becomes channeled and always gives some quickness along with when you taunt an enemy you share your boons to allies to make that meditation actually useful. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Crack Shot - good call with cd removal, but I would also like longbow auto burning to leave this trait and be baseline.
Why do I need a trait to make hybrid weapon do hybrid damage?

I'd love it, if we got the Burn on auto attacks as default AND have more Burns on all Longbow abilities from the trait. Even with the auto attack having those burns, the condition application is not that good.

There are so many small and easy wins that can be applied to Warrior without causing it to suddenly over-perform. They just need to extend their arms and grab them...

Deworking Warrior Quickness to depend on Bursts is not one of them.

Edited by Fueki.4753