Yo CMC - the ele empire is here - all classes lose viability in the face of ele

In regards to this: 

You need to be nerfing Ele not buffing it bud.

Let's take a look at an update on these upvote emojis as of 6/28:

1. (24) Likes
  2. (7) Thanks
  3. (4) Hahas
  4. (101) Confused
  5. (169) Sad

Now after Immortal Heralds & Nuclear Deadeyes were disabled, where are we going with this? The game is a joke again and there is no viability past spamming full teams of Eles, again.  Please do not tell us that these Ele buffs were full intended or being seen as acceptable, because they are not. You've gone and set Ele so far apart from other classes again, that they've once again become Tier 4 OP. If you do not remember the reference of what is Tier 1 OP up to Tier 4, reread the opening post in this thread, from the first time around when Catalyst was buffed through the roof into Tier 4 OP status. Ele needs real focused fixing, none of this small tini tiny shave stuff. This class is out of control powerful in contrast to every other class. Come on guys, what are you doing to your game?

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 24
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Wayne.6253 said:

nerf cata and tempest, not ELE. I play weaver and i don't need to be nerfed.

Weaver gets huge buff next patch with also core buffs that it does not need. No ele needs fat core buffs and cata does not need the buffs it is getting. It is already the strongest.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Weaver gets absolutely nothing. Those changes do kitten-all.

Weaver

• Shearing Edge: Increased projectile speed.
  • Twin Strike: Fixed an issue that prevented this skill from applying the intended amount of burning in PvP.
  • Cauterizing Strike: Increased burning stacks from 1 to 2 in PvP only.
  • Gale Strike: Increased float duration from 1.25 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Twist of Fate: Reduced ammunition count from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Asuran.5469 said:

Weaver

• Twin Strike: Fixed an issue that prevented this skill from applying the intended amount of burning in PvP.
  • Twist of Fate: Reduced ammunition count from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

Like I said, these changes do absolutely nothing. The issue with Weaver is the sustain/damage trade-off. It has to sacrifice too much damage for sustain and vice-versa. It's either a complete glass cannon that dies to a sneeze and only wins engagements when it has the complete initiative, against a limited amount of classes/builds, or it's a very bad bunker with zero damage that is outclassed by every other major bunker. There are no viable builds at a competitive level.

What the kitten are these miniscule sword changes going to do about the entire spec being useless with every weapon? Scepter Weaver is useless, both meta FA and LR builds, as well as anything inbetween, D/D Weaver is useless in all regards. Fire Weaver barely holds up until about Gold 3 and that's because most players don't know how to counter it, not because it's good. Staff Weaver has never been a thing. The Twist of Fate change is a sidegrade, not a buff. Core buffs barely apply to Weaver, maybe D/D will be remotely decent again, and most Weavers don't run Arcane skills.

Again. These changes do NOTHING. 

Edited by SevlisBavles.3059
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

46 minutes ago, Wayne.6253 said:

nerf cata and tempest, not ELE. I play weaver and i don't need to be nerfed.

-Elementalist Profession Has No Identity-

Until Elementalist Profession are redesigned and returned to their root.. it will continue down its path of Brokenness 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RjMGuBzlIU

"A necro knows the pain of others..."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Asuran.5469 said:

Weaver

Twist of fate change is very nice, but the sword dual skills are still bad because you miss with them over half the time since their hitbox is tiny.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I'm not this patch's greatest fan, but the react count doesn't mean much, the forum is filled with confused people. Everyone confused around here.

It's all because of Mesmers, they come and apply huge stacks of confusion to posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Their confusion amount is multiplied by 4, with all these clones.

Hijack thread attempt:

How do you feel about the mirage cloak change not moving the dodge while stunne/immobed functionality to elusive mind and just getting removed entirely

Follow up question, why do they keep doing it the worst way?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Hijack thread attempt:

How do you feel about the mirage cloak change not moving the dodge while stunne/immobed functionality to elusive mind and just getting removed entirely

Follow up question, why do they keep doing it the worst way?

I feel like I'm still waiting for you to follow up on my discord invitation, but you're being a thief as usual and ignoring my attempts at being friends 😞 in topic, I have mentioned in the past I feel the combo Blurred Inscriptions + Signet of Illusions + Desert Distortion is the actual problem with mirage balancing. 4s distort + 4 mirage mirrors + signet of illusions (1s distort) + distort again + mirage mirrors again, you're basically chaining some good 10s of evades\distortion frames, with just 3 buttons, and you're able to attack as you do all that. You're not even touching any of the other tools on mesmer, like blind\stealth\rupts\ports... just 3 buttons. Even now you can do that and be an acceptable sidenoder, with mirage being in the sorry state it is. Removing the dodge on immob\stun isn't necessarily bad (not a fan of that either, I personally liked the option), but it's definitely not the change I'd have made first; that combo needs to go.

My suggestion

- Distortion from Blurred Inscriptions needs to go. Immediately. No compensation whatsoever. The trait would be good even without that
- Distortion allowing ambushes becomes baseline; mirrors on distortion are removed and will never return

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5