Secrets of the Obscure

I once said I hoped the castle would stay mysterious, but this does look interesting I'll admit and it will make a lot of people happy.

I saw a multi armed person in the still - a seer maybe? Also Zojja at the end there?

Maps in the sky above Hyrule Tyria sounds interesting though.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

From what i have read they will also remove elite weapon restriction, I'm sure some are extremely happy I'll wait and see the balance mess and power creep, could be fun.

I wonder how ANet solve some problems, like hammer on weaver and dual attument skill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"For now, here’s the lineup of who’s getting what:

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)"

(Head desk) Are you KIDDING ME?! You're giving rifle to MESMER???

I was just discussing this with someone in-game yesterday, how I know they said they probably weren't doing new elite specs going forward, and that I would be fine with classes just getting access to new weapons without entire trait lines and utility skill sets to go with them. Glad they're doing this, but HOW are we going on 11 years without Rangers getting access to rifle?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe they'll get it EVENTUALLY through this system(which I am very excited about overall), but man they really should've had Rifle Ranger in the first batch.

Dual pistols Guardian, staff Warrior and dual swords Necro sound kitten. Thanks to Daredevil, we already have a lot of staff skins that are basically polearms, so now with Warrior joining the staff party I'm hoping we'll get even more and basically finally get our land spears.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ElforTheLandStander.7052 said:

"For now, here’s the lineup of who’s getting what:

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)"

(Head desk) Are you KIDDING ME?! You're giving rifle to MESMER???

I was just discussing this with someone in-game yesterday, how I know they said they probably weren't doing new elite specs going forward, and that I would be fine with classes just getting access to new weapons without entire trait lines and utility skill sets to go with them. Glad they're doing this, but HOW are we going on 11 years without Rangers getting access to rifle?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe they'll get it EVENTUALLY through this system(which I am very excited about overall), but man they really should've had Rifle Ranger in the first batch.

Dual pistols Guardian, staff Warrior and dual swords Necro sound kitten. Thanks to Daredevil, we already have a lot of staff skins that are basically polearms, so now with Warrior joining the staff party I'm hoping we'll get even more and basically finally get our land spears.

Oh good I wouldn't mind bashing things with a scepter and mace.

Mixed feelings. The setting seems nice. (Maybe we will get E and the mesmer collective involved as well?) The features seem nice or okay at least.

Skyscale stuff seem okay. The 6th rune slot change seems interesting - to give more options with moving the special bonus to some relic thing. Maybe ascended jeweler option for that one later? There we only have up to 400 in crafting level so far.

Not sure about the weapon stuff. Definitely going to try this with the mecha - with sword or hammer. But I think without the according traits ... this could be less interesting than it seems at first. (If I remember correctly some weapon skills have the skill category unique to the elite spec - being buffed by some of the traits. Or the elite trait line has something for the weapon itself. But need to check this again first.)

The pricing ... seems high - if they want to release those regularly. Then again: At the moment I am buying less gems ... and planning to take the ultimate edition again. (I eventually want deluxe everywhere - need still some gems to buy the deluxe upgrade for core and HoT.) So I basically get the deluxe at 25 (if I calculate the 4k gems as with 50 that I might have had to pay anyways if I would not go for the ultimate).

Looking forwar most to the relics stuff - and rune changes. For some crafting and unlocking. I guess. Also to the plot/setting.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

This has to be the worst "expansion" announcement I have ever seen!

So Living Story is now being replaced by small annual expansions at a premium?

If more revenue (if it will be succesful) will mean better content, them I'm all for it

But we'll have to wait and see

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

As long as it's not Cataclysm, I'm excited. If it's, "Hey, Queensdale is wrecked and all in bad lighting now like Orr! And we replaced all the shotguns with walkie talkies!", then not so much.

They might go with events, as in awakened invasions. Just pop ups all over the place, now with bigger (I HOPE) importance,

Edited by Thandaer.8105
  • Like 3

This all looks and sounds very exciting -- setting, features and all! 😃 (Except for the pricing, which is only 5 bucks less, and especially hefty for the Deluxe and Ultimate packages -- but that's a different story.)

I hope it will be as good as it sounds. I'm carefully optimistic and hyped myself. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3