Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

4 hours ago, Winters.8756 said:

I appreciate that this is being thought about and addressed. I am however wondering if while the devs are looking at legendary armory compensations are they going to rectify how not everyone was compensated for duplicate legendary armors sets for when the legendary armory was first released? I have talked to support multiple times about this and to this day I still have two sets of legendary armor for each piece that I don't need, they actually are a hindrance and at the least my life would be easier if they're removed, they provide no use whatsoever. 

Also, if whatever the compensation is doesn't go through properly for everyone will it be revisited this time or like last time for those that don't properly get whatever the compensation is will they be SoL like last time at legendary armory release?

Well if you have wvw heavy and raid or spvp heavy it is not the same set.

And there by you dont get compensation.

2 hours ago, Brandash.4956 said:

Six Legendary Runes cost roughly the same as one Legendary Weapon. I agree Provisioner's Tokens were a bit of a unnecessary timegate, but other than having to wait, it was not that of a big deal. I am currently fully legendary on my main (appart from the WvW ring). Should I demand two free legendary pistols because that is what guardians get in the future and then I am no longer "free from balance changes" and "have to grind for gear" again?
Suppose Anet adds a new Socks slot without giving you Legendary Socks, will you all be mad again?

So in this example did you have 2 legendary pistols before the change and Anet deleted them when patch hit to make you regrind the pistols?

Then yes you should demand 2 legendary pistols back.

Nice that you finaly understand the problem mate.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I wonder for how long they will let this repetitive discussion go on before we finally hear back on the "topic of concern" from Rubi or someone else. 😄

They will likely try to lock this thread down soon on pretense that "they've already heard all relevant feedback". Which, of course, will only mean new threads will appear, but hey, those will be 24 pages shorter. So, maybe someone will not notice that this issue exists.

Edit: yes, i am quite cynical here, but then so far it seems they are not really interested in discussing this at all and would like to delay it as long as possible (and then likely claim it's way too late to make any changes - or just hope people have run out of steam by then).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, Pifil.5193 said:

Compensation

noun

something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury.

Is that really the right word here, Rubi?

If so it doesn't fill me with confidence that anything like a Legendary Relic is in the works.

Are you serious? The community in this thread was the one who started hammering on about "compensation" in the first place. Rubi is just mirroring the language previously used.

The tone and entitlement in this thread so over the top. If there was an eye roll react, most of the 'confused' reacts would probably be that instead. 
Just keep calm and wait until Anet releases more information on the 18th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well if you have wvw heavy and raid or spvp heavy it is not the same set.

And there by you dont get compensation.

Sure, TECHNICALLY it's not the same set. But can you offer a reason that functionally this is different? There is no added benefit to having them, and in fact I would rather be able to delete the duplicates as they are clutter. NO ONE wants these in their armory. Sure, it's TECHNICALLY not the same set, but in reality it's a duplicate that offers no extra use and costs the same. The problem is it would be extra coding effort to recognize them as duplicates just with different base skins that aren't even unique which doesn't matter anyway because you can just skin swap legendaries for 0 transmutation charges.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Winters.8756 said:

Sure, TECHNICALLY it's not the same set. But can you offer a reason that functionally this is different? There is no added benefit to having them, and in fact I would rather be able to delete the duplicates as they are clutter. NO ONE wants these in their armory. Sure, it's TECHNICALLY not the same set, but in reality it's a duplicate that offers no extra use and costs the same. The problem is it would be extra coding effort to recognize them as duplicates just with different base skins that aren't even unique which doesn't matter anyway because you can just skin swap legendaries for 0 transmutation charges.

You could have just made one and moved it bettwen character right?

You decided to make from different modes it is no different then the people who bought 2+ copper-fed-salvage-o-matics before shared slots gott into the game, they did not get anything from the additional salvage-o-matics either.

If you would have done 2 from the same mode you would have unlocked either of the other modes skins tho since you cant have two of the exact same item.

Edit

Atleast they did not delete both heavy boots and have you regrind 1 pair of them

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You could have just made one and moved it bettwen character right?

You decided to make from different modes it is no different then the people who bought 2+ copper-fed-salvage-o-matics before shared slots gott into the game, they did not get anything from the additional salvage-o-matics either.

If you would have done 2 from the same mode you would have unlocked either of the other modes skins tho since you cant have two of the exact same item.

Edit

Atleast they did not delete both heavy boots and have you regrind 1 pair of them

They aren’t deleting legendary runes either, you get to keep them and use the customization on any armor without having to purchase and extract runes if you ever change/test other stat variants

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

They aren’t deleting legendary runes either, you get to keep them and use the customization on any armor without having to purchase and extract runes if you ever change/test other stat variants

They aren't. But functionally the legendary runes will do half of what they do now. That 6th rune bonus is the main attraction for many/most rune sets.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

They aren't. But functionally the legendary runes will do half of what they do now. That 6th rune bonus is the main attraction for many/most rune sets.

No, functionally they aren’t losing half of their effect…. One of 6 effects on the runes are being changed across the board for all exotic and legendary runes, the 6th bonus is going to just be another Stat bonus you aren’t losing anything it’s being changed. Still 6/6 effects. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

48 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No, functionally they aren’t losing half of their effect…. One of 6 effects on the runes are being changed across the board for all exotic and legendary runes, the 6th bonus is going to just be another Stat bonus you aren’t losing anything it’s being changed. Still 6/6 effects. 

We will see. I think the amount of value that 6th unique ability holds is the majority of the reason to equip specific rune sets. It is being removed. We are losing functionality and will have to earn it back. It more or less is what it is though.
So yes, 6/6 effects. But that 6th effect is significantly worse than it is today. And we will have to spend resources (gold or time) hunting down the relic ( or all relics in the case of legendary runes) to regain the unique abilities we currently have access to.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

But now we'll be able to choose the stat combo we want from runes and the bonus we want from relics. So this is objectively a big improvement for everyone. We get far more freedom in customizing our builds if we can choose the stats and the bonuses separately. 

All they need to do is make relics easily accessible and add a legendary relic.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

so far it seems they are not really interested in discussing this at all and would like to delay it as long as possible

They said they'll give us info on the next blog post on 18th, what would they discuss more that that?

Edit:

28 minutes ago, Chronardis.4028 said:

But now we'll be able to choose the stat combo we want from runes and the bonus we want from relics. So this is objectively a big improvement for everyone. We get far more freedom in customizing our builds if we can choose the stats and the bonuses separately. 

All they need to do is make relics easily accessible and add a legendary relic.

The relic system is not a bad system per se, it can indeed give more freedom depending on how they implemented it (that we don't know yet) and if legendaries didn't exist, there wouldn't be such a backslash, but they do so what we're asking is not having the reason to make legendaries nullified by xpac changes, a legendary relic is the solution, if they make it an achievement for crafting a set of runes it's even better, otherwise noone will makes runes again because they're not worth it after the change.

Edited by Geralt.7519
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, vares.8457 said:

It is but some only think about themselves. 

If they are thinking about themselves, and it isnt a big improvement for them, then he is wrong.

It may be, subjectively, an improvement for some, but is not so objectively.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Yeah, the 18th is going to determine if I order the expac or not. I just finished my runes maybe 3 weeks ago at over 2k in cost. Losing the 6th special means my tempest auramancer loses an entire chunk of functionality (at least 3 or more condi cleanses in the nightmare that is wvw), and she's not the only one, just the one I can think of immediately. And I would not be surprised at this point to find out the Trooper rune relic (the 6th special for my tempest) is gated behind WvW with the expac. 

And if I just wanted power +# runes, I could buy like 1000-3000 of them (assuming I can math at 4am) for the price of a single legendary rune.

For all the confused react people, I've been a GW2/Anet fangirl for years. GW2 got me through one of the darkest periods of my life as my entire world and future collapsed around me. It got me friends and support, and even unwittingly a boyfriend. GW2 is special to me. Hell, I've even made 2 GW2 cosplay (one before the game even came out) with a 3rd in the works, went to their launch party and several years later their IBS announcement thing at PAX, preordered the expacs, etc. The game is obviously not perfect, but I have really enjoyed it. No vertical progression was the thing that sold me the most, as well as how combat feels.

However, Anet is taking away something that was and is core to my experience, something I spent a lot of time and resources on, even after telling me for years that they wouldn't do that, and this feels like an AionLite level move and makes me wonder what functionalities I'm going to lose next. Glad I hadn't made sigils yet...

So...yeah, I guess I just wanted to rant. I was gonna buy the Ultimate edition the way I did EoD, but now I really don't want to buy the expac at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

What's it like having to intentionally miss the point to keep a conversation going?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Yeah, the 18th is going to determine if I order the expac or not.

For me, it won't only determine if I buy the new xpac or not, but it will also determine if I can go on TRUSTING legendaries or not.

Legendaries are the biggest long-term goal I have, the one that keeps me interested in the long run, makes me enjoy the game more so I'm willing to spend real money more (ultimates/gems).

Kill the trust I always had in legendaries and you also dissolve the main reason why I'm invested into the game.

4 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

For all the confused react people

They're just trolling, ignore them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Infinity.1087 said:

It would set a dangerous precedent if this change goes through as is

You have no idea what "gear threadmill" means. The amount of players with legendary armor or runes is very slim, the rest has to craft/buy/gRiNd for new gear whenever there is another balance patch and you want to stay as optimized as it gets. I think we (as in currently fully legendary) will manage to do the same with just one equipment slot lmao

10 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

So, in the next expac ANet removes stats from armor and creates new gear slots for each piece.

11 hours ago, Geralt.7519 said:

Ok, let's say Anet next xpac decides to strip the belt from pants and create a new belt slot.

Don't even have to go that far as apparantly (and what I was hinting at with my comment) simply the addition of another Equipment slot without having a legendary variant is grounds for pitchforks:

10 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

And now the PRIME functionality: NEVER worry about Armor upgrades EVER AGAIN is TAKEN AWAY

11 hours ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

It's devaluing legendary items, which is something Anet assured us would never happen in their game. That's why people are irritated.

Nope, it is devalueing some Runes while making others better. The usecase for Legendary Runes stays the same tho.

• Like 2
  • Confused 11

Just now, Geralt.7519 said:

For me, it won't only determine if I buy the new xpac or not, but it will also determine if I can go on TRUSTING legendaries or not.

Legendaries are the biggest long-term goal I have, the one that keeps me interested in the long run, makes me enjoy the game more so I'm willing to spend real money more (ultimates/gems).

Kill the trust I always had in legendaries and you also dissolve the main reason why I'm invested into the game.

Yeah, losing trust is what it really all boils down into for me, too. I don't like feeling like I just wasted a ton of time and materials because I made the "mistake" of trusting Anet. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

We're going to be removing major stat values from all armor and weapon slots.  Minor stats will remain intact.  As an example berserkers will no longer have power, but will keep its precision and ferocity.

We will be moving major stats to new gem slots on your equipment.  These gems may be crafted or earned as drops!

We realize this may negatively impact those of you with legendary armor and weapons, but fear not!  You will still be able to select your minor stats and freely transmute your appearance!

Edited by ItsAlive.1236
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ItsAlive.1236 said:

We're going to be removing major stat values from all armor and weapon slots.  Minor stats will remain intact.  As an example berserkers will no longer have power, but will keep its precision and ferocity.

We will be moving major stats to new gem slots on your equipment.  These gems may be crafted or earned as drops!

We realize this may negatively impact those of you with legendary armor and weapons, but fear not!  You will still be able to select your minor stats and freely transmute your appearance!

You are massively overvalueing the "loss" of the set bonus. Scholar Runes are best in slot because of the stat distribution (+ 225 Ferocity is massive and very rare for Runes, Scholar is the only one paired with Power) with the set bonus being a nice cherry on top. Apart from Scholars tho, there are like 2 Runes currently in use where the set bonus is actually somewhat important, on the rest this change loses next to nothing while providing much more potential with the Relics. Maybe Anet should have nerfed the handful of "problematic" Runes in the first place

• Like 3
  • Confused 6