Just want to say congratulations to the skyscale whiners

2 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Your post begs the question... What's so bad about older content staying relevant?

The bad thing is that as the content ages, less and less people are on that map, which makes doing objective on those maps more and more frustrating for those who weren't there when the content was current.

And that's not necessarily a "super terrible" thing, but it's definitely not a "good" thing.

It's not as black and white as you make it out to be.  It's a bit more nuanced than that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It wasn't a grind..it was playing the game. Why do you complain about playing the game 

Man, What was you favorite part? Doing the same thing 3 times in dragon fall, or the part where you fall in 3 different kind of sand.  My favorite part was finding my skyscale in over 10 different location with no narrative significance or through line. If you like watching grass grow good for you, but I do not enjoy repeating the same thing dozen of times, because that is kind of a grind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

It is more likely that when any MMO progress with more content that also expect players to be able those new maps, that devs need to add existing tools like Skyscale as both a catch up mechanism and to save work hours to design something that already exist in game.

Placing Mushrooms would force player either unlock HoT mastery (to get access to vertical placed objects) or work on getting Skyscale on PoF maps.

With Skyscale as part of this expansion devs don't have reinventing the wheel and new player will also faster get around on older expansion maps, then if they had start from scratch.

I don't know if Skyscale from Obscura expansion will also give accesss to the same feature you get from working on Crystal Champion or only a base version, so I wouldn't complain as there are still reason to work on your mastery in PoF to get those abilities from Crystal Champion Mastery unlocked.

Catch up mechanism and saving time from devs to create ways to get around for new player or player that don't own HoT or PoF is a good enough reason to add Skyscale for those who haven't unlocked Skyscale yet.

So how come I am still grinding for vision and Coalescence and the rest of the legendary item.

44 minutes ago, Min Min.9368 said:

When you want to and enjoy what you are doing in the game, that is playing the game.

When you are being forced to go something that takes many hours with a tedious process, that is a grind.

Do I have to explain everything here? 😶

No one is forcing you to do anything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

38 minutes ago, Tren.5120 said:

The bad thing is that as the content ages, less and less people are on that map, which makes doing objective on those maps more and more frustrating for those who weren't there when the content was current.

And that's not necessarily a "super terrible" thing, but it's definitely not a "good" thing.

It's not as black and white as you make it out to be.  It's a bit more nuanced than that.

So better to make a zone completely dead than just kinda dead ?

• Confused 4

24 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Man, What was you favorite part? Doing the same thing 3 times in dragon fall, or the part where you fall in 3 different kind of sand.  My favorite part was finding my skyscale in over 10 different location with no narrative significance or through line. If you like watching grass grow good for you, but I do not enjoy repeating the same thing dozen of times, because that is kind of a grind.

I had fun the whole time. I don't play unless I'm having fun. I don't play games to be miserable. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Weird complaint ... Anet wants to sell new content. Seems like not being able to fly being a barrier to that content. This isn't them caving to Skyscale whiners ... it's them wanting people to make purchases and enjoy the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

You complained and arenanet capitulated. You get your free skyscale now. Well done. 

I guess I'm a bit confused here. Why is this a bad thing? From what they have said, it isn't a free mount, it is an alternative path to obtain the Skyscale. Also, players will still have to go back and complete the PoF Skyscale Masteries to unlock all the masteries for the mount.

I thought maybe at first you were just upset because you felt like you put in a lot of work to get the mount and now others will easily obtain it, which would diminish the value of you having the Skyscale. But it can't be that, because you've stated that you enjoyed every minute of it and in no way was it a grind.

So what is it that makes this such a bad thing? 🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Where in the news says alternate process of getting the Skyscale is going to be easy? It says a new streamlined way to obtain the Skyscale and people just assumed that it is going to be easy? Grind and Gameplay Nerfs have always been the direction this game is going.

On a side note, we are paying 50% less for the new expansion but the new features is only like 15% - 20% of a full xpac.

For the first time in 10 years, I may sit this one out 😞 Nothing hoo-ha in there. No mention of new or improvement on exisiting QoLs, no new cool features, just more of the same olds and of course lots of new grinds. Bleh.

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I can already see the threads coming hey Anet why dont I get the full skyscale with my latest expansion purchase.

Other people get bond of vigot on air rescue and their launch rechage quicker + launch farther.

I want that to not this budget skyscale.

They could offer some cool looking "damage spells" or people should chooe to get  the mobility from the previous  expansions.

I want Lasers//No-aim-bazooka--Lighting  Skyscale spells , from exploring Hot , ci vu plait

Spoiler

Hopefylly now that people can get the OW legendary ... things from both sides will calm down (you can still make money from the raid skin) , so we can introduce auto-lfg for DUNGEONS ONLY in the 5th expansion , for the new players

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

... or it just makes sense. I mean, obviously it's in everyone's interest that people aren't prevented from purchasing content because of barriers locked behind other expansions. 

The xpac should have done something new then rather than rely on older stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I guess I'm a bit confused here. Why is this a bad thing? From what they have said, it isn't a free mount, it is an alternative path to obtain the Skyscale. Also, players will still have to go back and complete the PoF Skyscale Masteries to unlock all the masteries for the mount.

I thought maybe at first you were just upset because you felt like you put in a lot of work to get the mount and now others will easily obtain it, which would diminish the value of you having the Skyscale. But it can't be that, because you've stated that you enjoyed every minute of it and in no way was it a grind.

So what is it that makes this such a bad thing? 🤔

A couple reasons 

1. Cheapens the effort of players who got the skyscale legitimately.

2. Removes a very big reason why season 4 maps have players in them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I played the content as designed and enjoyed the journey of unlocking a great reward. To be honest, with a casual approach, teaming up with mates was a blast. I have no idea why they even considered applying a change to it. So many other mounts are available and offer QOL. 

I feel sad to see that devs give in to a whining forum. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

A couple reasons 

1. Cheapens the effort of players who got the skyscale legitimately.

2. Removes a very big reason why season 4 maps have players in them.

So number 1 doesn't make sense because, again, it wasn't a grind, it was an enjoyable experience. If it in fact was a grind, then why subject new players to that for no reason.

As for reason 2, I can see that being a small issue, but not enough to actually be so opposed to this as to think this is some horrible move and the people that wanted it are "whiners". People still have to go there and farm the heck out of Season 4 to get Vision, and there are people who still need to complete that part of the story, unlock items they want from there, or doing the dailies from there when it pops up. I just don't see providing an alternate path to Skyscale destroying participation in LWS4.

42 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

3. People wont need to buy the food from the TP

I mean, we don't know what the new acquisition method is but also, this is not even remotely an issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Treacy.4067 said:

They certainly alienated me, I just retired my tag today lol. However, I do believe they are bringing in new players, the questions is, will they stick around? 

Nope because this kind of MMO that dont bring the classic MMO experience cant retain those new players. Once they see that accomplishment in game really dont mean much whats the point of going out and doing anything. Just sit in LA or DR and whip out the credit card to get your fix. 

Im posting this because its true! Its about the shop and little more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3