Weaponmaster Training/New Weapons - what are you looking forward to?

Shagie.7612

A further lack of immersion as the game is watered down more and more, everybody gets everything and there is less and less class identity.

Also the art style of the current artists and the original game artists clash heavily. Early game skill icons look like little paintings with detail, shade, colour variations and artworks that express something about the skill, etc. EoD skill icons look like washed out uniform graphics with one or two bright colours and very generic images.

• Like 8
  • Confused 5

37 minutes ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

A further lack of immersion as the game is watered down more and more, everybody gets everything and there is less and less class identity.

Also the art style of the current artists and the original game artists clash heavily. Early game skill icons look like little paintings with detail, shade, colour variations and artworks that express something about the skill, etc. EoD skill icons look like washed out uniform graphics with one or two bright colours and very generic images.

You could argue that elite specs were a bad idea in the first place, and all new weapons, utilities, traitlines, should have just been additions to core.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

dang that's crazy grats

anyways shortbow vindicator/herald here i come
pew pew

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, thc enjoyer.4976 said:

I must be outta the loop because I have no idea what the hell is being discussed here. 

Apparently, there's no lock on weapons anymore, so you can use any weapon your class can use with any elite (or core).

Now the numerous reasons this is a horrible balance nightmare are probably apparent, but I guess every game has to end sometime.

They should at the very least keep it out of sPvP because there is no possible way they rebalance all skills not to tie to e-spec in a month. 

Meaning for me, as a ranger main, there is zero chance they revamp hammer to something meaningful that doesn't rely on Untamed specific items like the ambush and the flip skills.  They will also most likely half kitten it so that pets control isn't opened up to all specs even though the weapons are...

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They will also most likely half kitten it so that pets control isn't opened up to all specs even though the weapons are...

How is this "half kitten" it? They've said only weapons will be opened up, not profession mechanics.

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

How is this "half kitten" it? They've said only weapons will be opened up, not profession mechanics.

It is not fair when most elite spec weapons are not tied to profession mechanics while few are tied tightly to their profession mechanics like Holosmith's sword, Weaver's Sword, Mirage Axe and Untamed Hammer. Unfair advantage I'd say? Also all Elite specs first Minor Traits need replacing right?  This whole thing feels like a balance nightmare to me where we will surely get things like Scourge and Vindicator trait restrictions to water it all down or risk a chaos. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lovemghool.7613 said:

It is not fair when most elite spec weapons are not tied to profession mechanics while few are tied tightly to their profession mechanics like Holosmith's sword, Weaver's Sword, Mirage Axe and Untamed Hammer. Unfair advantage I'd say? Also all Elite specs first Minor Traits need replacing right?  This whole thing feels like a balance nightmare to me where we will surely get things like Scourge and Vindicator trait restrictions to water it all down or risk a chaos. 

Technically the first minor trait gives the new profession mechanic as well as the weapon. The trait will still be giving the mechanic, just not the weapon anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Weaponmaster Training/New Weapons - what are you looking forward to?

Honestly, I haven't cared about it at all since today's patch hit. Things are so funked up right now the game full-broken.

What I'm looking forward to, is Arenanet owning up to a huge mistake and just reverting the 6/27 patch completely back to the way things were before, and redoing a new patch that makes sense, later. Little hotfixes aren't going to save this one. They need to revert it fully.

I called it out in a different thread man. I said it would be the worst patch we've ever had, the one that would kill the game, and so far it's looking like I was right.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Full pet control isn't a profession mechanic, Unleashed Power is:

Unleashed Power - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Nothing there mentions full pet control; reason I consider it half kitten is because if they are touting flexibility with this update then there is no greater than being able to actually control your pet regardless of spec. 

Locking that to Untamed was always the stupid part, and now insanely stupid if you can use the literal e-spec weapon everywhere.  

So, I'm fine with profession mechanics staying on the actual e-spec, until they truly go for singularity and just start trying to combine e-spec functionality like some eldritch version of GW1.  

• Like 1

We don’t need a beta for them to understand some weapons flat out suck.

I can’t speak for every profession, but for ele sword and warhorn need buffs.

Sword needs cooldown adjustments for their 2 skills and damage/range adjustments for the 3 skills.

warhorn needs all of its cooldowns to be shaved by 10s each. 

I am looking forward to all the surprised pikachu faces when people will realize (AGAIN) that Arenanet really sucks at balancing and the stupid weaponmaster thing will result in even more of chaos in the 6/27 style.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1